Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Eastern States

North Eastern States Connecticut, Maine, Massachussettes, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
Moving to NY from California need some input

What up guys im going to be moving to NY (long island) in November from Cali and am wondering if im going to run into any problems getting my car regged???
I got a SR swapped Kouki. Any info would be cool.

thanks
WoolyS14DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 AM   #2
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i think cali is the worst with emissions...you might have an easier time getting it it registered in NY...
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
NY has safety inspections, cant remember if smog is a part of it. Been a while since I've been in the tri-state.

Hit up Import FanatiX Car Club Home, that was my local forum when I lived out there, lots of S-chassis folks on there. Mostly guys from NYC, NJ, CT and east PA.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:21 AM   #4
UsJdmTUner
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
UsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UsJdmTUner
Welcome to NY.. usually its NY to cali move..i live in NY and Cali but you can register your car no problem they give you like 10 emission inspection sticker from DMV then you bring it to any local place that does inspection stickers .. now there are plenty of people here with that swap and you can hit up IFX forum like flipinray above mentioned, and they could lead you to someone who could give you sticker... btw my name is MEL and i have the same user name on IFX forum... good luck and visit the site
UsJdmTUner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ Im a member of that forum and am going to make a post but i been waiting to get approved so i can start a thread so thanks and i would def like to meet some of the NY locals when I get out there
Old 09-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
UsJdmTUner
Zilvia Member

UsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond repute
cool...lots of 240sx owners here...so ull definitely meet alot of cool people... are you relocating for work>?
Old 09-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
im sorry you are moving out here.... west coast> east coast. but at least you moving to the right part of the east coast. Make sure you join clubloose.com and definitely hit up some events in etown.
http://www.clubloose.com/clubloose/phpbb/
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsJdmTUner View Post
cool...lots of 240sx owners here...so ull definitely meet alot of cool people... are you relocating for work>?
Im moving with my old lady....she has family in Long island so i figured what the hell I need a new challenge and want something new

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
im sorry you are moving out here.... west coast> east coast. but at least you moving to the right part of the east coast. Make sure you join clubloose.com and definitely hit up some events in etown.
www.ClubLoose.com :: Index

I will def check it out and see whats up. I am looking forward to hitting up some events in e town and riverhead raceway
Old 09-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
8Nismo9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 8Nismo9
man wooly only new you for a bit and you are leaving.well you NY guys take good care of wooly.hes a cool dude
8Nismo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Nismo9 View Post
man wooly only new you for a bit and you are leaving.well you NY guys take good care of wooly.hes a cool dude
Thanks man !! i'll be back sometime in the future !!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
8Nismo9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 8Nismo9
ill be holding you to it haha
8Nismo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #12
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Nismo9 View Post
ill be holding you to it haha

LOL thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
on the bright side, you'll be experiencing tracks that most of us on the west coast will never experience.

good luck old man :P

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #14
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipzide View Post
on the bright side, you'll be experiencing tracks that most of us on the west coast will never experience.

good luck old man :P

Thanks B !! I heard that all the tracks in NY/NJ are super smooth and really nice.
The green machine will slide once again and i will let you know how it was.
Team Rush on the east coast !!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #15
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
now i have an incentive to visit relatives in new york

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
New York is not short of crooked people. Just grease someones palm with some green and you are straight.

Where are these tracks you speak of?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Wow for real? Good luck man! Weather is def not as nice!

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #18
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

I know the weather is not as nice but hey im ready for change and i like the snow
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #19
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
weak.

more weak.

lol good luck with whatever you do man. make an appearance before you leave
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
weak.

more weak.

lol good luck with whatever you do man. make an appearance before you leave

Thanks Marcus and now you have a reason to come to NY and visit !!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #21
nycs14.5

Trader Rating: (0)
nycs14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nycs14.5
Yes more 240 love in new york
nycs14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #22
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycs14.5 View Post
Yes more 240 love in new york
yup yup so you guys better welcome me with open arms !!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #23
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I work at a shop right now. What year S14 do you own? That'll determine how easy it is. I'm on IFX as well and you can hit me up when you make the move. I go by the same name over there too.
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #24
UsJdmTUner
Zilvia Member

im sorry but etown is like -999 grit sand paper.. but i love it...plenty of other good tracks on east coast... VIR,, summit point. VA