Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #901
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
1Day is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey guys just slapped this thing on before I start doing some cutting for overs (18x12 -7 with a 265/35). Quick question, is it just me or are these suckers going to look dumb... or am I just not seeing the end result. I feel like they aren't going to flow at all with the skirt and bumper. I've seen a number of guys running this wide of a wheel on the rear with aero and there setups look great. Any help would be great!

1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #902
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
what brand of tires are those? im also going to be running an 18x12 -7 setup and i like that stretch you have alot
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #903
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

They are the Kumho SPT... What are you going to be running them on bc I just don't see how these will work on S14 and look good. If I was to run the chargespeed overs would this help push my skirt and rear bumper out more?? Or does it look wierd to me bc the aero I'm running doesn't cut back out like the more aggressive kits do?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #904
taeisbeast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
taeisbeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I run a similar set up, well, on a s13. I'll try to find pics. I have 50mm overs, a lil bit of camber and a 265/35/18 and it looks damn good to me.

I have a few friends run a similar set up as well on a s14.

However, on a s13, i know if you wanting that flush look as well, 50mm may not be much with little to no camber as it will rub with a 265, but not a 255.

just my 2cents.
taeisbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #905
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
They are the Kumho SPT... What are you going to be running them on bc I just don't see how these will work on S14 and look good. If I was to run the chargespeed overs would this help push my skirt and rear bumper out more?? Or does it look wierd to me bc the aero I'm running doesn't cut back out like the more aggressive kits do?
im going to be running them on my S14 with a version select type 1 kit and origin 20mm fronts and 50mm rears.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #906
diacris
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
diacris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 4 Lug. 17x8.25 +25 all around. And 215/45/17.
How will the fitment be?
diacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #907
199240sxcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
199240sxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
how big of a spacer will i have to run to clear coilovers? going to be running 17x10 +20 offset all around with 215 40 or 225 40 havent really decided on tire. or will i not have to run a spacer? im on fortune auto coils and stock arms.
199240sxcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #908
arj

arj is an unknown quantity at this point
i got s14 with 18x9.5 +20 all around my question is do you guys think im gonna need some wheel spacers to clear fortune auto 500 coilovers? thanks alot.
arj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #909
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by diacris View Post
S13 4 Lug. 17x8.25 +25 all around. And 215/45/17.
How will the fitment be?

Weaksauce...least you wont have to touch the fenders.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #910
red240hatchnj

red240hatchnj is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 93 240sx hatch, i wanted to know if i would need spacers to run these rims
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/pr...kcdr.s.ang.jpg
there enkei cdr9 rims 17"s i dont have tire dimensions yet to guys gonna check in the morning but i dotn wanna trade then need to buy spacers also thats all
red240hatchnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #911
zee_moua

zee_moua is an unknown quantity at this point
new to this

alright so im a honda guy originally and im new to this whole fitment scene. Ive got a Z with F&F type-II coils and im looking to get 19x9.5 in the front and 19x10.5 in the rears but im still unsure about what offset to get? i wanna get a +0 all the way around but then would a +12 with 25mm spacers be a better route to go? Im planning on being pretty low but not super dumped....

Im set on getting the 19x9.5/19x10.5 on this drop but im still unsure of what offset to really get.... this is a picture of the current stance that im at right now....

zee_moua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #912
s13 loverr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
s13 loverr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have had no luck trying to find the sizings of rims and tires for this car any help would be appreciated!

s13 loverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #913
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 loverr View Post
I have had no luck trying to find the sizings of rims and tires for this car any help would be appreciated!

Im not sure, looks 18x9 +20ish 18x10 around the same, dont quote me on it though.
SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #914
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, so I think I've decided what sizes I want for S14 with 20mm front fenders and stock rears.

Work VS-XX
Front - 18x9.5 +7 (A-disk) 4" lip with 225/40R18
Rear - 18x10.5 +1 (O-disk) 5" lip with 235/40R18

What do you guys think? I was wondering if that would be able to clear z32 front brakes? What's better for Z32 front brakes, A-disk or R-disk, what about Z32 rears, O-disk good? How hard would it be to fit these offsets under the fenders? Also, if anyone can find pics of these offsets, or near them that would be awesome. I tried searching, but no luck.
InsTanCeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #915
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by arj View Post
i got s14 with 18x9.5 +20 all around my question is do you guys think im gonna need some wheel spacers to clear fortune auto 500 coilovers? thanks alot.
I have stance coils and for 18x10 +25 and I had to run a 10mm spacer, it barely clears so if I was you I'd run at least 10mm.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #916
taran!
Leaky Injector

taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
How much of a roll and pull am i going to need to run a 18x10.5 +12 wheel, and only have about 2 degrees camber? this will be on the rear of a s13 hatch.
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #917
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by taran! View Post
How much of a roll and pull am i going to need to run a 18x10.5 +12 wheel, and only have about 2 degrees camber? this will be on the rear of a s13 hatch.
a pretty good one.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #918
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i'm currently running 225/45/17s on my rear wheels (17x10) but i want to go lower. 225/40/17s are really difficult to find for some reason and that's what i would really want to run but my options are fairly limited. my question is would you guys stick with 225/45/17 and just modify the fender to go lower or go 235/40/17 and modify fender + camber? plan is to tuck on stock metal

i could also do 215/45/17?
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #919
worr20
Zilvia Member

worr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a question on mounting tires using the fire trick. Did one the first time yesterday and went on first go. Second one just catches fire and won't do anything. Lol. Same tires, 225/45/18 on a 10". Is there a special technique or something I'm not doing that YouTube isn't showing me?
worr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #920
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Hey guys just slapped this thing on before I start doing some cutting for overs (18x12 -7 with a 265/35). Quick question, is it just me or are these suckers going to look dumb... or am I just not seeing the end result. I feel like they aren't going to flow at all with the skirt and bumper. I've seen a number of guys running this wide of a wheel on the rear with aero and there setups look great. Any help would be great!
Hopefully your car is going back in for paint, you will need to modify your bumper and sideskirts slightly for them to fit on the overs. shouldn't be much but should be enough to fuck up the paint if you need to heat anything. As far as too much tire sticking out on the sides, if you wanted the tires to TUCK why get 12in wide wheels? 11's pushing it imo unless you get something that runs close as fuck to the brake's and coilover allowing you to have some retarded width number like 12 or 13.

Either way you still may even have to add camber with the chargespeeds and even more meat will stick out down below.

This is what it's going to look like with the chargespeeds.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #921
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

I think it mainly looked wierd to me bc I dont have overs yet. I'm just going to make it work lol. Do the chargespeed flare out at the bottom (were the side skirt and the bumper skirt would mount over)? I was thinking about just running some type IIs bc I wasn't sure if I could get those two areas over the bottoms on the chargespeeds and bc everyone I contact about chargespeed is out of stock.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #922
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
I think it mainly looked wierd to me bc I dont have overs yet. I'm just going to make it work lol. Do the chargespeed flare out at the bottom (were the side skirt and the bumper skirt would mount over)? I was thinking about just running some type IIs bc I wasn't sure if I could get those two areas over the bottoms on the chargespeeds and bc everyone I contact about chargespeed is out of stock.
afaik all chargespeed stuff is hand laid, it only flares out over the wheel well, otherwise it should hug everything else pretty tightly. Someone in the kouki thread has plenty of shots with them installed on their car but I can't remember what page it's on, gotta be on at least one of the last 20 pages. It's white with some deep ass equips or something.

edit : http://zilvia.net/f/chat/301737-kouk...ml#post4561419

If you're looking to get your hands on some chargespeed rear's and haven't ordered them, hit up frizzle. He says he has a pair on deck ready to ship if you got money and not dreams.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #923
Mister.E
Post Whore!

does anyone know if a 18x10 +-0 with a 225/40 will rub the inner fenders on a lowered S14? i really dont want to have to relocate my fusebox and get tubs made just so i can run these wheels.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #924
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by worr20 View Post
I have a question on mounting tires using the fire trick. Did one the first time yesterday and went on first go. Second one just catches fire and won't do anything. Lol. Same tires, 225/45/18 on a 10". Is there a special technique or something I'm not doing that YouTube isn't showing me?
Make sure you step/ press on the tire all around to make sure no air is escaping out of the bottom, then spray all around the wheel and light it as quick as you can, or just find someone with a bead cheeta
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #925
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
does anyone know if a 18x10 +-0 with a 225/40 will rub the inner fenders on a lowered S14? i really dont want to have to relocate my fusebox and get tubs made just so i can run these wheels.
By inner fenders do you mean wheel wells or back of fender? Are you going to run front overs? I'm running 18x10 +2 with no issues. I did bang the inner wells in a little, nothing crazy though.

This is with 20mm overs and -4* camber I think... last time I checked my camber I lost a lost a degree on the drives side.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #926
Mister.E
Post Whore!

im talking about the wheel wells. i will be running 20mm front fenders. if i have to bang some shit a little im cool with that, but i really dont want to have to get tubs.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #927
t0mmyd
Zilvia Member

t0mmyd is an unknown quantity at this point
so i searched around on the forum to find that my 96 s14 is a bolt pattern of 4x114.3 i found a decent set of wheels but there 4x100 is there no way this would work because of the different bolt patter? =\
t0mmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #928
t0mmyd
Zilvia Member

t0mmyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry im new to this whole fitment stuff too, im so confused on all these sizes -_-
t0mmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #929
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyd View Post
so i searched around on the forum to find that my 96 s14 is a bolt pattern of 4x114.3 i found a decent set of wheels but there 4x100 is there no way this would work because of the different bolt patter? =\
there are adapter spacers out there that, once bolted on, will change your bolt pattern.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #930
1991240sxhatch

1991240sxhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys i was wondering how well these would fit on a s13 i know im gonna have to roll/pull the rear fenders a lil if i wanna run a decent sized tire but will they clear big brakes and pbm coilovers\

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17X9-9-5-STA...1d09f7&vxp=mtr
1991240sxhatch is offline   Reply With Quote