Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
IDKanything

Trader Rating: (0)
IDKanything is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What tires yall running?

Before I get yelled at, yes I searched but I didn't find what I was looking for. I am getting ready to start doing some open drift days and possibly a drift school. Car is an S14, stock KA, stock trans, welded diff. I already have two sets of wheels in 16" so I would like to stick with a 205/55r16 or similar tire.

Right now I am looking at running the Federal 595 RS-R in the front and 595 SS in the rear. Is there another tire I should look at? I have heard good things about Kenda and Triangle tires. But Kenda doesn't come in 16" from what I can see and they sound like they both can be a pain to find on a consistent basis. I would like to keep the options closer to or below $70 a tire for the rears to keep things somewhat reasonable.

I do have some questions as well, if someone could help me out with. People say 595s wont be too much for stock KA power but I still feel like it might be too much tire so I just thought I would ask everyone's opinions. Is a UHP tire okay or should I use something less grippy?

Second, right now the plan is a 205 tire all around but should I run a size bigger or smaller on either end to make it easier to break loose or to add grip to the front?

Thanks for any help, John
IDKanything is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links