Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
na3j nitsuj
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
na3j nitsuj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
which is better? megan tracks? or Apexi N1 damper?

I need to get inputs from you guys about the coilovers...so i can decide which one to get...

thanx!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
Mathetai
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
Mathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to allMathetai is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Whats your budget and why do you want c/o's?
Mathetai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
first this is in the wrong section, to answer your question apexi, to be fair i've heard pretty much nothing but god things about megan while being used on the street, next i will say, since i'm going through the same thing, if you dont have the money to buy a better suspension save up money and buy better...i was going to go with megan but decided to save up money and buy stance, i look at it this way: save up, buy once, and dont have to worry about it. but thats just me, i suppose if you just want to go low i'd just buy megans but if you want to track i'd look into the apexi n1 exv, stance or kts...best entry level coilovers from what i gathered from like 7 straight hours of research....sorry it was so long just want to help as much as i can.
C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
search button FTW, and wrong section but posting in chat would have just drawn more flames
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
staticbzer

staticbzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to staticbzer
n1 is harsh on the streets. my chiropractor loves me.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 AM   #6
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
N1s aren't bad. My friend has them and they feel good. Apex > Megan in the dampening department.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:34 AM   #7
C2AUTOSPL
Zilvia.net Advertiser

C2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to C2AUTOSPL Send a message via Yahoo to C2AUTOSPL
Apexi coilovers are identical to Megans, only difference is color. Both coilovers are Made in Taiwan.

Get the Stance Basic.

CONTACT ME THRU:
- AIM: wide180sx
- Email: [email protected]
- MYSPACE: www.myspace.com/c2auto
- BLOG: www.c2auto.wordpress.com
C2AUTOSPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:41 AM   #8
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=100443
Review of both.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
C2AUTOSPL
Zilvia.net Advertiser

C2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the rough
meh I had both coilovers side by side. They're like twins except for different colors.

CONTACT ME THRU:
Old 03-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
na3j nitsuj
Zilvia Member

the reason y im asking this is beacause someone is selling their barely used Apexi N1'a for 800 and i can get a brand new Megan tracks for 900...so im jus trying to figure out which way i should go...

sorry...

just new to this forum...

thank you very much tho=)
Old 03-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #11
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2AUTOSPL
meh I had both coilovers side by side. They're like twins except for different colors.
Have you driven both though? Having them side by side is not the same as driving on them.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Some clarification might be warranted:

There are different "Apexi' n1" coilovers: the n1 pro, n1 type V, and N1 Ex-V.

The Ex-V is purportedly the same as the Megan with different damping.
The Pro and Type V were higher end model, though they have the same rate they are supposed to have better construction and valving. The Type V was the "street"-er variant, the Pro was the track version, but both were 8/6.

The Pro and Type-V, however, are out of production, Apexi has new models now. Any used one u bought would likely have been abused already.

Now, Megan's aren't super good or anything, but at least they're new instead of used and unknown condition.

On the flip side, if u called Apexi' and had them rebuilt yours..you'd probably spend more but have way better coils.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #13
C2AUTOSPL
Zilvia.net Advertiser

yea I was atually referring to the ExV model.....

CONTACT ME THRU:
Old 03-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #14
OptionZero
Post Whore!

poster mentioned he was looking at used Apexi' from japan, so it could be just about anything.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
www.f2autolife.com Function/Form Coilovers, i run them on all 3 of my cars, i LOVE em! and they come with custom spring rates, and now they offer their coilovers with SWIFT springs...let me know if u need a set ive done so much business with them over there, that i can get u a better deal then the Megans AND the used APEXi's

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #16
na3j nitsuj
Zilvia Member

Thanx guys!i really appreciate the inputs!