Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
apexhumper
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
apexhumper is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which wheels are better?

Ok I hope I don't get flammed, I read the FAQ section, looked for all wheel/offset threads and I think I'm clear on asking this.

Looking to get some new wheels for my '95 SE, was thinking of going with the Rota D2 or P45F but I just saw some 5zigen FN01R-C's and some A-tech Competition wheels for Really cheap

So 1st question is, which are better wheels? the Rota, FN01R-C, or the A-tech? I haven't had experience with any of them and truthfuly have never heard of A-tech before.

2nd question is the one I might get hung for, like I said, I've read all the offset sticky/FAQ in here and other forums and sites but putting big brakes, and TEIN Super Street coilovers into the equation throws off a lot of the info, so please if you have any helpful info find it in your kind heart to let me know, because I'm going nuts!

Here are the sizes available in the aformentioned wheels

FN01R-C
17x8.0 +25 Front and 17x9.0 +25 Rear
OR
18x8.5 +30 Front and 18x9.5 +35 Rear

A-Tech
Front 17x8.0 +22

Rear 17x9.0 +27

Which are better, wheels/offset? (be gentle)

PS- the A-tech were listed as "Competition Rim" but not sure if that's the name of the wheels so here's a pic of them

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...tion2_full.jpg
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Go to the group buy section and get the MB Motorsports wheels from '90 Silvia.

17x9 +17

Any offset over 25 is worthless. It won't clear coilovers in front and will look atrocious.
Don't bother with an 8 in front.

The MB's are just re-badged A-techs
Fuck Rota and their shitty sizes.

FN's are also good, very light and good sizing for stock body, but will be more expensive than the group buy wheels right now.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
why is this in this section

if it was me i would get FNs 18x9.5 front rear whatever the low offset is havent looked at FNs in years

the MBs used to be a techs

now they are some taiwan repro
Old 04-03-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
Yea, check my sig for MB's. Thanks for the words OptionZ. I wouldnt go Rota either. I personally wont EVER roll with anything Rota. If you talking about the Nismo knockoff's. Not cool. I can get you MB Comps in 17x9 +17mm or anything else. Weapons, there is a 5 week backorder. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
if it was me i would get FNs 18x9.5 front rear whatever the low offset is havent looked at FNs in years
I actually agree, hmmm
+12 is the lowest 18x9.5 they offer
except if you go with 17's you can go 10" wide if you so choose.

FN's > all the other options you posted. although the MB comps don't look to bad.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #6
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
I am actually with Charle And Tim, If it was my choice without money being a option on the two, go FNs.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #7
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
If you want to ask some questions about brands of wheels, sizing, and offsets then hit up Logan at Aspec. 16266181100 ext 113. He knows his shit. Just don't mention your thinking about getting rotas that's all.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #8
apexhumper
Leaky Injector

apexhumper is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info, I might do that, one question though? Other than the fact that they're knock offs what's the huge deal with Rotas? I've heard they break but I've also seen plenty of dudes swear by the fact that they're good quality, have you guys had personal experience?

PS Usually I'm not the type to skimp on things, originally I was gonna go with Volks or Advans, but I'm sick of waiting so damn long and my car looking shitty
Old 04-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #9
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Keep in mind that not everyone is capable of running 9s up front.

9's up front require hammering and often can be too aggressive for some's tastes.

FN01R-C
17x8.0 +25 Front
17x9.0 +25 Rear

This size looks fine, but IIRC they don't make a +25 R, I believe its a +35. No rolling needed for a 8+25 / 9+35.

A-Tech
Front 17x8.0 +22
Rear 17x9.0 +27

A Tech's are questionable, they do the job but me personally not a brand I would run. That fitment is fine as well, rear will need roll. Fronts most likely as well.

ROTAS BLOW ASS

Good quality hahahaha yeah right

You probably were talking to Subaru dudes who think that Rotas are better than forged BBS stock STI wheels.

Do your research on wheels until you are 100% sure on fitment, otherwise you will regret it down the road. Wheels make or break a car, so doing it wrong the first time opens up a world of sadness and sorrow.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #10
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
^^^ see I told you.

Logan = Rota Nazi fo sho
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #11
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
wrong section, dead horse question.
Closed Thread