Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Vernal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Vernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vernal
Center garnish lights? Introducing the Vader Center Garnish

I recently had this idea and was wondering if anyone has modded the center garnish to have lights/brake lights.
I have a cracked one after baking the reflector off it doesnt look bad imho:

If anyone is interested you can surely buy it lol.
On a serious note, I did end up breaking the reflector pullin it off but it wont happen next time.
I am thinking of some leds or 3 side marker bulbs. I put the reflector up to my ceiling fan and it shined through but there was some silver paint on the inside side of it that id end up taking off to help out since i will most likely be using dim bulbs cuz of clearance issues.
Like i said i dont know if this has been covered but shoot me any pics ideas or any de or con-structive criticism.
Vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
Mikey McFly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Mikey McFly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Do you mean that you want anything that is red to light up?
Mikey McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:56 AM   #3
Vernal
Zilvia Junkie

Vernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymoreVernal is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey McFly View Post
Do you mean that you want anything that is red to light up?
Yea and so you can distinguish the 240sx engraving!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
ta2maki

ta2maki is an unknown quantity at this point
There isn't enough clearance for regular bulbs. You will need to use multiple LEDs and/or a diffuser to eliminate hotspots, or else it will look like ass. IMO looks better if you only light up the 240sx and not the whole thing.

ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
Jlugo711
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Jlugo711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's actually pretty cool!
Jlugo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
I recently had this idea and was wondering if anyone has modded the center garnish to have lights/brake lights.
I have a cracked one after baking the reflector off it doesnt look bad imho:

If anyone is interested you can surely buy it lol.
On a serious note, I did end up breaking the reflector pullin it off but it wont happen next time.
I am thinking of some leds or 3 side marker bulbs. I put the reflector up to my ceiling fan and it shined through but there was some silver paint on the inside side of it that id end up taking off to help out since i will most likely be using dim bulbs cuz of clearance issues.
Like i said i dont know if this has been covered but shoot me any pics ideas or any de or con-structive criticism.

please, just stop. burbank fire department is over-worked.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

please, just stop. burbank fire department is over-worked.

Do u have like a bat signal every time someone does anything with lighting on zilvia lmao
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Do u have like a bat signal every time someone does anything with lighting on zilvia lmao
its not that, honest pa

im just more concerned about the welfare of my neighbors. from the looks of it, he should clean off his general electric home oven and use it for cooking, not for baking lights, thats all.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
Vernal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
its not that, honest pa

im just more concerned about the welfare of my neighbors. from the looks of it, he should clean off his general electric home oven and use it for cooking, not for baking lights, thats all.
wtf lol^ Anyway thanks for the pic posted. Definately looks good with only logo. What is a diffuser? I thought leds didnt get so hot or at least they would be mounted to far
Old 07-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i dig retro appliances. before i sold my old house we renovated everything except the 2nd kitchen with the 20-30yr? old jennair stove. it was just too awsome to throw away. plus its was in great condition.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Vernal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
i dig retro appliances. before i sold my old house we renovated everything except the 2nd kitchen with the 20-30yr? old jennair stove. it was just too awsome to throw away. plus its was in great condition.
Indeed Anyone else have the tail light mod in the second picture? Detailed write ups or stories?
Old 07-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #12
kornmanz
Leaky Injector

kornmanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats actually pretty sick man. I'd buy that.
kornmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #13
ta2maki

ta2maki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
What is a diffuser? I thought leds didnt get so hot or at least they would be mounted to far
Something translucent, so it lights the panel evenly. If you just stick 8 regular LEDs in there, you will only see 8 spots instead of the logo.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
what if it was like just one strip vertical on the tail light sides.. so like.. when you have your ights on or breaking it will kind of look like the light is bleeding into the center bar..
like a fade inward sort of..
nothing crazy ricy bright.. just classy light.

haha idk it would be hard because you would need some sort of reflective backing and good defusing

someone try it lol
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #15
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I think it looks good! I would like to see a write up for this!

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
Vernal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Something translucent, so it lights the panel evenly. If you just stick 8 regular LEDs in there, you will only see 8 spots instead of the logo.
Im guessing you're saying having a reflective piece behind the leds to direct the light to the logo. Just like headlights. If not, my comprehension skills are failing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8RPS13 View Post
I think it looks good! I would like to see a write up for this!
Depending on the results ill post up pics.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #17
Mikey McFly
Zilvia Junkie

Mikey McFly is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE
[/QUOTE]

It looks kind of rice to me. If you can get the reverse effect where the "240SX" part wasn't lit, but the rest of the garnish was, the I think it would be pretty cool. Then smoke the tails a bit to block that extra light noise so that it looks clean. Mmhm. I think that'd be pretty sick.
Mikey McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #18
Vernal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey McFly View Post
Quote:
It looks kind of rice to me. If you can get the reverse effect where the "240SX" part wasn't lit, but the rest of the garnish was, the I think it would be pretty cool. Then smoke the tails a bit to block that extra light noise so that it looks clean. Mmhm. I think that'd be pretty sick.
photoshop it!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #19
blades13.5
Zilvia Junkie

blades13.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd buy it.
blades13.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #20
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
.... really
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
3M sells led strips of varying lengths on ebay for cheap. My friend bought one to wire up as an underhood light, it is very bright, and they are waterproof.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote