Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #31
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Stock KA is fast???

Have you driven in any Minivans or hybrids in the past 5 years, because all of them are faster than a stock KA....16.1 1/4 mile hahahaha

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #32
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I run right around 400whp

You get used to the power, and how to control it. When I auto-x and road race I drop my boost down to 10psi. Its plenty fast, 400whp S-chassis is more then enough to slaughter vipers. If its wet, its a completly different story.... I love every second of it!!!! I am glad my car is parked for 6+months a year, then I do not want more power all the time.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #33
Mi Beardo es Loco
Nissanaholic!

Location: A place where boob jobs ruined the best thing about being a fat chick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfection
You have to build the engine with the driver. Kinda strange but every car is different and you have to get use to the lower hp first and build yourself up to go higher and higher. We have 2 400+ hp motors in our house, a Dodge Cummins Diesel and a 350 Chevy small block. My sr is pretty tame right now with the jun exhaust mani, stock turbo, and power fc. I was planning on maxing out the t25 stock turbo and seeing how far it will go before swapping but eventually just wanna stop at around 330 to the ground. It's a safe mark to really stop at if you don't want to build the sr's bottom end. When the motor eventually gets build I MIGHT go higher.
Mi Beardo es Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #34
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Query, would you suggest then when building an engine, if your goal is 350 HP build it to withstand 600 HP that way when you reach your goal and get used to it, you dont have to rip the engine out and re-building to get more hp?

honestly it would be smart either way to build the motor for more than your goals, with most of the boost controlers and management systems out there you can set the car up for different tunes, if you want the car to make 350 build it for 600, get it tuned for 350, and you will always have the option to tune it for higher or lower numbers, you can set it up with a low boost tune for 350 rwhp and a high boost tune of 500rwhp and just select which tune you want to be running and make sure you have the appropriate fuel to compensate, you can safely make 350 hp on mid grade, but for 500 youll want to be running higher octane race fuels, it is possible to make 500 on 93 pump gas but you will need someone very talented to tune the car safely on it.
landins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #35
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
Query, would you suggest then when building an engine, if your goal is 350 HP build it to withstand 600 HP that way when you reach your goal and get used to it, you dont have to rip the engine out and re-building to get more hp?

honestly it would be smart either way to build the motor for more than your goals, with most of the boost controlers and management systems out there you can set the car up for different tunes, if you want the car to make 350 build it for 600, get it tuned for 350, and you will always have the option to tune it for higher or lower numbers, you can set it up with a low boost tune for 350 rwhp and a high boost tune of 500rwhp and just select which tune you want to be running and make sure you have the appropriate fuel to compensate, you can safely make 350 hp on mid grade, but for 500 youll want to be running higher octane race fuels, it is possible to make 500 on 93 pump gas but you will need someone very talented to tune the car safely on it.
you have an excellent point + 1 for that, I will keep that in mind whenever I get around to my build
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #36
Mi Beardo es Loco
Nissanaholic!

Location: A place where boob jobs ruined the best thing about being a fat chick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post

well, it depends on how far you really want to go. That's what I'm doing but it does get expensive to prep your car for 500+ and only run 350 on it. If 350 was as high as you were going to go then build it for 380 and detune for 350 to save some cash.
Mi Beardo es Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #37
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Build for ~400whp (as long as you've got good compression already) = head gasket, cams, walbro 255. The bottom end's good for it. The mid-300s are popular target numbers because the car's very fast at that point, but you're using turbos that also allow great response, and doing it all on the stock internals (without cams if you've got a GT2871 or bigger). Build to that point (for not very much money), then decide if you're ready to build the bottom end and go for more.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:40 AM   #38
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
Stock KA is fast???

Have you driven in any Minivans or hybrids in the past 5 years, because all of them are faster than a stock KA....16.1 1/4 mile hahahaha
stock ka was pretty bad, when my car was stock back in the days, i used to drag race in the naval base[it's SAFE!] with a friend. he had a single cam vtec 92' civic hatch[probally w. headers and exhaust, intake,]. i used to take off then second gear he fuckin smokes me. i got mad so i got the swap and he didn't want to race me anymore. haha. but to get back on the topic, i sat in a supercharged cobra before, forgot the numbers it was putting out, but that thing scared the shit out of me. it was the first fast car i ever sat in, my hair was standing on end. haha. like someone said in this thread, it's the torque that will get to you.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #39
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
I was thinking the same thing, the power band for the 26s isn't usually that steep from what I've seen. Are you running stock cams? That might be the issue...
Some tuners just arent Nissan peeps.

That torque is just wtf?

I tune sr's that make twice as much everywhere...

See how much the Tuner matters guys!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #40
Jodan
Zilvia Member

Jodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jodan
i run roughly 450hp on daily driven boost with my KA-T, SC61/ar.70, EMS, BIG fuel (2x 255's, 1000cc injectors, 0.8 lines) ive got room for about another 200, making mine one of the fastest around. it is scary at first but im more than used to it, ill see what happens when i go for the 600hp mark.
Jodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #41
Erjay1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Erjay1 is making a name for him/her selfErjay1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im new to these cars and these SR motors. What kind of numbers can I expect from a stock SR motor with a stock turbo or T28 I believe? Cams, full 3" exhaust and a good tune?? +300whp??

Also, what would it take to achieve 400whp - 450whp daily driver?
Erjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #42
Jodan
Zilvia Member

Jodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the rough
t28 depending on s14/s15 will get you around 300 safely, no more than that. the cams will give you kick ass powerband though, depending...
Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #43
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodan View Post
i run roughly 450hp on daily driven boost with my KA-T, SC61/ar.70, EMS, BIG fuel (2x 255's, 1000cc injectors, 0.8 lines) ive got room for about another 200, making mine one of the fastest around. it is scary at first but im more than used to it, ill see what happens when i go for the 600hp mark.
Yeah I have room to go to 600 B hp too.

If your built do it already. I have all oem parts in my lower half right now.

I'm waiting until I have the other engine on a stand ready to go before I do the 28 psi max out

SC61 is a good turbo but with the T3 hot side it runs out of breath around the same levels a GT30R does.

GT35R is better, better turbin wheel, more flow- get the .82- or get the gt40 back side.

If your using the T4 hot side with your T61 then you should be fine though. (P trim wheel is the shit btw try it out)
Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #44
Jodan
Zilvia Member

im looking into a new turbo after i build the head, im all stock right now up top, but the bottom end is 100% built. my current turbo is good for the 600 but not reliably.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #45
Erjay1
Zilvia Junkie

Erjay1 is making a name for him/her selfErjay1 is making a name for him/her self
Sounds like these SR motors can put out over 400whp on stock internals, am I right?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #46
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
LOL -stock KA fast- Ive heard em all now... (;
heh, stock ka is fast enough for me now. I just drive to and from work, I dont need to get to 80mph on the freeway in 3 seconds lol. And burning half of my tires rubber to get there.

But picking a platform to build had a lot left to be desired. I cannot decide if I want to go ka-t / sr / rb26dett / or vq35

sigh... I want boost
Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #47
Jodan
Zilvia Member

yeah^ depends weather is solid or not. ive seen 460ish with a cometic and some head work. not to mention fuel/boost/ignition/tuning.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #48
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erjay1 View Post
Sounds like these SR motors can put out over 400whp on stock internals, am I right?
Ive done north of 410-465 whp for about 2 years on stock internals (bottom end)

the only thing internally modified on the long block is valve springs, cams and retainers. Not really anything overall structurally stronger.

I beat the crap out of my car too, track days, daily driving lately, weekend cruises, fwy runs from time to time, dynos for fun etc.

100% stock oem parts down there.

Hybrid Dynamics did 600whp on stock bottom end on a dynojet (450 trq)

They raced that car for 6 months IIRC, and before that they were eating throttle bodies through the motor for a 1 year at 500 + whp, running high 10s low 11s.

It's all in the tuning.

If you remeber Scott Avoy he also did 520+ whp on stock bottom end very similar setup to mine

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlYZYOqsYD8[/ame]

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ze98BFkuc"]In Car 400 whp level[/ame]

don't let the description fool you, it's all oem bottom end, I know Matt Vasello (over the i-net) he's in the video.

This is my current 240 2 years ago with a T61/T3 and just street tuning , around the 380 whp range

[ame]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=84695 71[/ame]

TUNING TUNING TUNING

bad tuning, shitty piggy back = engine fail

Standalone + good tuning = Infinite possibilities - like 400-500-600whp on stock sr bottom end for long periods of time.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #49
Erjay1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
heh, stock ka is fast enough for me now. I just drive to and from work, I dont need to get to 80mph on the freeway in 3 seconds lol. And burning half of my tires rubber to get there.

But picking a platform to build had a lot left to be desired. I cannot decide if I want to go ka-t / sr / rb26dett / or vq35

sigh... I want boost
Why would you want to go with a VQ35? Its so expensive to mod if its NA. Only worth it if you're looking to boost it but it will cost alot. Thats why Im ditching my Z.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #50
bloodangels13
Zilvia Junkie

bloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to bloodangels13
steve i wanna get your take on this... my winter project
rb26
poncams
custom surgetank w/ q45 throttlebody
splitfire coils
nessesary injectors (dont know what to get)
power fc d-jetro w/ map
twin gt28r s15 turbos on 16-18 psi
twin entry single exit FMIC
AIT super damper
3inch o2 housing back eghuast

what kind of number would i be expecting... im looking to make farly strong numbers with reliablitiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This post was brought to you by the number: Rum
And by the letter: Go Fuck Yourself
And also by viewers like you.
bloodangels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #51
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodangels13 View Post
steve i wanna get your take on this... my winter project
rb26
poncams
custom surgetank w/ q45 throttlebody
splitfire coils
nessesary injectors (740CC)
power fc d-jetro w/ map (make sure it gets tuned on a dyno)
twin gt28r s15 turbos on 16-18 psi
twin entry single exit FMIC
AIT super damper
3inch o2 housing back eghuast

what kind of number would i be expecting... im looking to make farly strong numbers with reliablitiy

Probably around 450 whp range on a dynojet. A lot of people over inflate their figures or compare to insane japanese tuning shops that are running higher compression and better gas.

You should be at 450 whp on 93 octane witha decent safe tune.

Your torque curve should be violent and close to 380+ levels maybe even 4.

I am not the best at predicting outputs (espeically without the car in front of me and without knowing the quality of the build and especially tuner) and I havent had a lot of RB's in the shop (26's anyways).

Splitfire coils? Big whoop, Stock nissan coils are usually good to 500whp+

Not 100% sure on RB coils though.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #52
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erjay1 View Post
Why would you want to go with a VQ35? Its so expensive to mod if its NA. Only worth it if you're looking to boost it but it will cost alot. Thats why Im ditching my Z.
to get it bar'd and leave it stock... but what fun is that, I want a turbo motor to play with and tune.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #53
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Lol in the first video. Tuner: "As you can see right here it's like bahhhhh"
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #54
steve shadows
Post Whore!

That's a technical term for " Spiking curve (adjust timing/boost controller)" haha
Old 04-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #55
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im sitting about 540rwhp, its not bad once you get used to it, but with ym clutch and all it cant really be a dd, technically yes i could daily drive it, but gas is too expensive, and rush hour traffic on a twin plate unsprung clutch sucks. plus that what my 92 coupe is for.
landins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #56
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
RB25+GT35R+wide sticky tires+good suspension+ HLSD+Responsible driver = I'll let you know (i'm still at stock boost)

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #57
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
That's a technical term for " Spiking curve (adjust timing/boost controller)" haha
I wish your shop was a little closer, cause I'm going to need a tune.

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #58
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostage View Post
Anyone here making over 400rwhp in an S car? s13 or s14 is it scary? hard to control? just want to have an idea of how it feels in these cars. I know in heavier cars mustangs/Camaro's its not soo bad.
hahah i just laugh when i read this

didnt you know?

!everybody on zilvia!