Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Rich fuel symptoms

I know the symptoms of a car when it is running rich, but is this one? I have a problem where it feels like my clutch is slipping. I can floor it in second gear and the rpm's shoot up to redline and the car goes nowhere. However if i lean out the fuel on my safc2 it no longer does this and is still producing plenty of power and the car moves consistently with the rpm and i feel no "slip" I have a KA24DET S14 with aluminum flywheel and new oem clutch. Is my clutch really slipping and when i lean it out it majically stops slipping or is my clutch not slipping at all and my car is just too rich? My friend argues their is no way it has anything to do with fuel delivery he says i just need a better clutch even though im not pushing anywhere near 230hp.

Bad clutch or too rich???? i know its a stupid question but i just want to know for sure. Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If your rpm shoots up as you floor that's definitely the clutch slipping. Running rich is the opposite your car will just bog.
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse_dsm View Post
If your rpm shoots up as you floor that's definitely the clutch slipping. Running rich is the opposite your car will just bog.
When i lean it out though it no longer does this and it does not bog when i lean it out, it runs much better.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ok.. Maybe it's time you take your car to a dyno. This way you'll get better idea with your afr's and also verify clutch slips. GL!
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 AM   #5
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
and damnit, POST THE ANSWER

I'm doing a KA-T setup here at home and I might come across the same problem, who knows. (sounds just clutch to me)
Old 10-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
and damnit, POST THE ANSWER

I'm doing a KA-T setup here at home and I might come across the same problem, who knows. (sounds just clutch to me)
Ill let you know, dyno day is coming soon. I know a few pple who have run across this problem i will let you know whats up.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
mxsx25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mxsx25
time to get a tune... thats real wierd...
Old 10-30-2008, 05:28 AM   #8
LFOabuse
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
LFOabuse is making a name for him/her selfLFOabuse is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Was the rear main seal replaced when your new clutch was installed?

Could be oil leaking on the clutch casuing the slip. Either that or you could have glazed the clutch.

If RPM is going up quiclky and you're going nowhere fast the clutch is slipping.

AFR being too rich will cause the car to accelerate slowly in both RPM and Speed.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Yup the tuner said my clutch is slipping... Stock clutch FTL