Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #931
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Also, as much as I've been an anti-Forza guy (although I owned 2 and 3), the AI in Forza is far superior to GT5's.
QFT. The AI can get really frustrating at times.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #932
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
so what is this i keep hearing about the Wangan? is it really in the game?
I think what everyone is referring to is the Tokyo 246 city course? It's been on all GT games.

Im loving GT5 but I'm also a fanboy...
Old 11-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #933
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
PSN: onehundredoctane

gotta figure out this online junk, played Prologue for so long I'm having trouble adjusting.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #934
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Oh yeah anyone know how to get mkiv supra ? im going crazy and going through withdrawls.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #935
zaneithan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
zaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
Got to drive the go kart for the first time.. Gotta say they did a good job on that.. They have the power band and everything it seems. I do however thing using a controller makes the experience more dull. This game is the type of game that requires going all out... I remember when i had gt3 i also got the steering wheel set and it was so much more fun with it.
i actually dug out my old logitech gt pro from back in the ps2 days and loving it =)

1993 240sx fastback (wrecked)
1991 240sx SE fastback Daily Driver status
1992 240sx fastback (???)
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 Coupe (sold)
zaneithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #936
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneithan View Post
i actually dug out my old logitech gt pro from back in the ps2 days and loving it =)
Thats what i had ! but it broke and then i got a new one and then that one broke so i stopped buying em lol.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #937
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
I've been using the Logitech Driving Force for almost 5 years. Still looks and feels new.

We should have a GT5 Photo Contest or GT5 Lap Records

PSN: Miyabita
Old 11-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #938
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
^^
I'm so disappointed in myself for selling my Logitech steering wheel 2 years back. Now I really regret it. Oh well, time to get a new one. Nice seat btw!
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #939
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Ok copied some to my usb. Not the best, but i still love the fact you can adjust aperture, f stop, focusing .. sooo much fun for me especially since im practicing photography.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #940
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm having the worst time ever trying to get this update past 4 god damn percent.
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #941
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCesar! View Post
I'm having the worst time ever trying to get this update past 4 god damn percent.
ohh when i had to wait for that.. i just switched the tv to the channels and watch tv and after it was done i got to play .. but .. its going to want to do another down load thing saying its better to download it because it reduced loading time. its worth the wait though.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #942
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Ok good it's not just me. Mine won't go past 3%.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #943
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
PSN List Update

Freddy - xFLINTSTONEx
exitspeed - awingthing
Teddy - S13Teddy
KILLeR2001 - killer2k1
BoostSlideWayz - thoughtless150
Dirty habit - STRANGExBREW
lawrenceyang - wolfiikeme
simmode1 - turbo_angoleiro
HyperTek - tunerbase
Dutchmalmiss - TheMalmiss
Kouki_monstr - Kouki_monstr
SimpleS14 - in2uition
aziankingz - chrisy783
ViciousCesar! - ViciousCesar
miucus - flipchino
zaneithan - Zaneithan
fakeshemp44 - onehundredoctane
ki_JDM_ds - Miyabita
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #944
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
theres another update?
Old 11-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #945
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ok good it's not just me. Mine won't go past 3%.
I got it now. My router sucks, so I Had to hook my ps3 up directly to my modem with a Ethernet cord and it worked.
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #946
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

dam... i was just playing too.... shouldnt have turned it off lol. well i guess ill see what happens with my update when i turn it on.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #947
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Ahh the joys of next generation gaming...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #948
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
I didn't pre-order it, but I just waltzed into Wal*Mart and picked it up no problem, and there were still like 10 in the display case.

My PSN is S13Teddy. If you add me, just put who you are in the message so I know.

See you guys online! Woohoo!
I bet that extra hand comes in handy.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #949
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki_JDM_ds View Post

We should have a GT5 Photo Contest or GT5 Lap Records

I actually used to do this back in the GT4 days on another forum.

We ran things according to power-to-weight ratio restrictions, or price restrictions, like being able to only spend 50K total, car purchase and upgrades included then rotated tracks, rules, manufacturers, etc.

It was a crude system, but still fun. I'm sure something can befigured out since its online now to make it a bit more legit.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #950
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect for it to be perfect. But at least a significant amount better then my Gt3/4 experience.
i think it is where it counts honestly.
the physics.

they are much improved over gt4 for sure. Sure some of the cars dont look perfect, but honestly, its a really good game. It isnt for the person who likes forza, the physics are two completely different games. Any idiot can drive well in forza. gt actually takes concentration and effort to be clean. Forza is like the arcade game of simulators. like initial d...anyone can play it ya know?

You can't really compare the two together, totally different genres
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #951
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I think the car thing is a bit trivial, honestly I think they could've gotten away with the 200 premium cars, and cut all the other standards ones, then just just add more and more premium cars, which I'm sure they will do.

Let's not forget, Forza was by no means a pretty game either.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #952
stockbee
Zilvia Member

stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by the a3k View Post
GT5 f^ckin sucked. i returned it today. the physics are dumb, same thing with no damage when you crash, the little melodies they have piss me off, the menus are annoying as hell, and the list goes on. Id rather play forza 1. very disappointed. after 6 years this game shouldve been perfect
Some of what this guy has said deserves a bit of merit, such as the menu music sounding way ghey, but for the love of pete I wanna know how he actually returned it. Did he return it for less than what he paid, because federal law stipulates you can't return software....period.

Nonetheless. there are things that I do in fact miss from the older iterations of the game. Yes, having to deliver your own car to the garage seems to have muddied the waters of something that used to be SOOO simplistic. Why try to reinvent the wheel and then make it impossible to see the entire vehicle. Jeez.

One quibble that continues to annoy me is that I purchased the Z06 just yesterday, and started modding it up, not to ridiculous levels but I wanted to make it competitive in several races. It's been my experience playing GT4 that after modifying the exhaust of some cars made the cars sound like something entirely different than what they would in real life. Like the Z06 for example. Buying the 1500 dollar one sounded great, but spending the rest of the money on the more expensive ones left me wanting my "credits back" and having to race a car that sounded like a European car more than something with an LS powerplant.

Also minor and I admit to being a little picky, but what else can I do when they've continued to neglect putting the EF9 SIR in the game. That was my first car ever and I feel completely neglected. haha

Love the game, but those are my aggravations thus far. Thank God they can update this over the internet to streamline the operation of the game. (crosses fingers).
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #953
SBCsx
Zilvia Member

SBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockbee View Post
Also minor and I admit to being a little picky, but what else can I do when they've continued to neglect putting the EF9 SIR in the game. That was my first car ever and I feel completely neglected. haha

Love the game, but those are my aggravations thus far. Thank God they can update this over the internet to streamline the operation of the game. (crosses fingers).
They have the Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si race car.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #954
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I was kinda dissapointed by this game.

There is no crash detection, brakes cant be upgraded, the menu music sucked, then main menu sucks, you cant put wheels on anything that isn't a premium car, there are only 300 cars in the whole game,alot less than the supposed 1,000 they claimed to have. i was a bit upset that only the premium cars have the cockpit views. Did anyone else notice that when you start any car in your garage it sounds like a truck, no matter what car it is. Put a titanium exhuast on any car and it sounds like every other car.i have yet to try the online play, maybe the game will redeem itself a bit there.

Overall the game was a big let down, and not to much different than gt4. After a 5 year delay, you think they would have put out something alot better than this . I think i will just stick to playing GT3 which to me, is still the best
fcdrifter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #955
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

For all you girls saying you're going back GT-Past and Forza, please feel free to mail me your copies of GT5.

Thank you
Old 11-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #956
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
why do you guys expect all these games to be perfect on release date? This happens every year, when a game is over-hyped and release dates are dropped just to keep hype levels up, then the producers have to rush the game to sell it for that date or all hell breaks loose in the gaming community and everyone gets super pissed.

At least they put out a game, this isn't 2004 where the game you bought was the game you got, give them a couple of months and updates are going to be dropping more frequently than they do for psn, you will probably get your 1,000+ promised cars, your in-car graphics will probably be better (and available), and they will clean the trivial things like wheels up. No game is perfect, try dealing with all the stress that game developers have to deal with, especially when a long-anticipated game such as gt5 is nearing its return from a multiple year hiatus, so they have to make the deadline.

The only thing i may have to criticize is hopefully they don't charge for down loadable content.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #957
stockbee
Zilvia Member

stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCsx View Post
They have the Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si race car.
True, but that's not the same. That had a single slammer. The B16A first came in those cars (not that it's a big deal in my life anymore, but yeah). They say the 90 NSX was the first to have VTEC, but it was on that car too haha.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #958
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
so what is this i keep hearing about the Wangan? is it really in the game?
Yep. Or at least, part of the Wangan. Under the course name "Special Stage 7".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6tAyW4Mo7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXxkq6oiATM
I'm dying for a 12 car online race here!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #959
nippon240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
nippon240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^^^bay shore route!!!
nippon240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #960
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!