Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #31
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So having an exhaust is the same as being a bank robber? Even though the exhaust is legal and under 90 decibels.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #32
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
No it isn't the same.
That isn't the point.

the point IS, doing something illegal (bank robbery, murder, graffiti, doing illegal mods to your car) all share something similar. they are ILLEGAL.

There should be NO bitching if you get in trouble for them.

Of course it sucks sometimes.

At that exact time somebody gets an exhaust ticket, somebody else somewhere probably got murdered, but at the end of the day, one "crime" was "solved" and one wasn't.

I got a speeding ticket the other day. I was driving down a street with NO houses and hardly any other cars at all. Apparently they decided to make the speed limit 35 on this street and I really don't know why.
I got a ticket.
Yes I was mad, but how can I bitch? I broke the law.

I just don't get why so many people bitch and bitch about the police.
I guarantee it is one of THE most difficult jobs to do yet gets the least respect from (what seems) like the vast majority.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #33
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I understand what you're saying and i'm sure being a cop sucks and i respect cops because they save lives. But some laws are stupid. And why cant we complain? If i didnt break the law with my exhaust that was after market but Super quiet and i still got a ticket. I even took it to court and i still had to pay because apparently anything other than stock is illegal now no matter what. There should be a limit to this kind of crap because this doesnt help cops with their immage even though they can one day save your life. Just in my case i had nothing but trouble from the police. When i got robbed at gunpoint the cops did absolutely nothing. They showed up 40 minutes after, asked my name and left.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #34
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post

But yeah, we had one of these in Baldwin Park last week, just North of the 10fwy, as you come over the bridge on Baldwin Park Blvd - disguised as a "DUI Checkpoint", all they were doing was checking driver's licenses, cause I guess we have a bunch of illegals over here. I drove right through with my Tacoma that has expired tags lol, gave the cop the "White-boy wave" as I went and he just nodded me though. It was funny to see people try to flip a bitch when they saw it, only to see a cop race out from a parking spot and pull 'em over. Suckas.

lol they had like 2 of those in santa ana and garden grove.
saw the cones and flashing lights and busted a bitch
but cops never went after me lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #35
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
I agree on a lot of the laws.

front plate.... lights....exhaust, etc.
I wish they were NOT laws, but they are.

People have tried to get them revoked for YEARS,

but, i think it's a simple EASY MONEY ticket.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #36
Zilviasr20
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Zilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
this is so stupid its not like a damn intake gives u a shit of horse power.. i respect cops but sometimes there so ignorant
Zilviasr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:02 AM   #37
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I think the best and simplest way to put it is that it's the few dumbasses acting a fool ruining it for the rest of us. And yeah, it pisses me off that these street racing idiots have caused law enforcement put a target on anyone who's young and driving an import; but try to imagine the perspective of someone who's lost a loved one who was killed because he/she was racing, or was in an accident that involved racing-luckilly, knock on wood a thousand times, I haven't had to deal with that kind of situation...but if my wife were to be hurt/killed because someone was racing down bear valley and lost control and hit her...I'd probably want every type of mod banned from existence. I'm speaking hypothetically, and just trying to give another perspective.

California has such a rich and strong love affair with cars...if not we'd have a better subway/ mass transit system. but we love our cars. Alot of us spend 1-2 hours a day in one just getting to work. We treat them as extensions of our personalities. I personally would love to mod my car-Be it for more power, or because i can't afford a ferrari so i'll make what i do have look and nice as possible. I paid for it, i'm an adult and if i'm stupid enough to race on the streets then i'll have to deal with the repercussions. And for this reason i HATE how we import drivers are targeted and profiled as street racers. A person may see a nicely modded import driving down the road what does he/she think? Must be a racer. Same person sees a restored hemi 'cuda and that same persont might start gushing about a historical automotive icon blah blah blah....EXCUSE me..but alot of those old cars were made TO GO FAST. it's a double standard. Never mind the rumbling nova with a giant air scoop feeding the supercharger...what's really dangerous is a 1.6L with a cold air intake...jeez. but anyways, sport compacts/imports/whatever you wanna call em are the hot rods of this generation, and as long as there's plenty of people driving as if they're Vin freakin' Diesel living "one quarter mile at a time", the cops are gonna focus on the import scene. *sorry for the rant*
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #38
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Much as I appreciate the efforts of the peace officers at work here, especially in their efforts in stopping DUIs, every person who thinks that they might EVER have a chance of encountering a police officer (in any capacity) should watch these two videos.

They're long, but they're important.

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

YouTube - BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #39
DC2many

Trader Rating: (0)
DC2many is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sounds very unlikely but those of us w/ zero records should have it easier...

sounds very impossible yes, but it's completely fucked to be lumped into the category of people who fuck it up for those who love their cars and hate looking stock =x
DC2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #40
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
So having an exhaust is the same as being a bank robber? Even though the exhaust is legal and under 90 decibels.
Wrong, apparently anything that looks "modified" is considered illegal for the exhaust. Got pulled over by a lady cop in a charger and I mentioned that to her when she told me I had a modified exhaust that is not legal. I told her it's under the 90 decibel limit, and she said as long as it's modified it is not legal. I have the apexi n1 (running SR) so it's super quiet.

Oh and I feel like I saw this video like a year ago. I'm going to call on the OP.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:54 AM   #41
FrankDukes
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
FrankDukes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I broke the law and got a ticket!!!!

Shit, the cops are so mean.

True. You have to pay to play the game.

***If I had the power*** I would make STREET RACING LEGAL!

1. CLOSED DOWN A FEW SECTIONS OF FREEWAYS AFTER FROM 2:00AM TO 5 AM IN THE MORNING
2. HAVE POLICE AND SPONSORS CHARGE $20 PER CAR. $15 DOLLARS FOR SPECTATORS.
3. LET THESE RICERS/RACERS RUN UP AND DOWN THE 110 FREEWAY.
4. WITH THE MONEY, PAY CAL-TRANS TO CLEAN UP THE FREEWAYS AFTERWARDS. ORRRRRR Just let Prisoners do the clean up for free, since they don't do shit anyway and wasting tax payers money.

5. ALL OVER THE U.S.A. STREET RACING WILL GENERATE MONEY AND BOOST THE ECONOMY. MORE JOBS! LESS LIVES LOST.

BAM!

Jobs created:
*Venders
*Sellers
*Sponsors

Benefits:
*Money = Economy UP
*No "pedestrian" will die.
*Only street racers will die, (they will sign a waiver before they race).

There are so many good ideas, I don't know what the heck these law makers and presidents and political parties can't find a damn way to improve our lives.
FrankDukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #42
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
^ Gotta keep in mind that "legal" street racing, a lot of people have "illegal" engine modifications. Some even stolen parts/motors. Therefore police there would be a horrible idea. Unless you'd go full track status and basically make it like you are at willow springs, horsetheif freeway lol. It would be something that caltrans would have to host themselves and inform the PD about it.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #43
Colin1337

Colin1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cops really just stereotype. Back when I had my integra with JUST a muffler (yes I had. my ricer days) chp pulled me over. Prior to my 240 I had an srt4 with fmic, cf hood and tbe and only got pulled over once for expired tags. Cop didn't ask to pop the hood or anything.
Colin1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #44
Dignity
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Dignity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
They shouldnt be able to stereotype modded cars that are no where near a street race environment.. thats like me getting suspected of being a rapist because i got a penis.
Well said lol.
Dignity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #45
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin1337 View Post
Cops really just stereotype. Back when I had my integra with JUST a muffler (yes I had. my ricer days) chp pulled me over. Prior to my 240 I had an srt4 with fmic, cf hood and tbe and only got pulled over once for expired tags. Cop didn't ask to pop the hood or anything.
SRT4's are loud stock, and they come with a FMIC stock. maybe thats the reason.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #46
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
It's kind of like this.

Let's say you buy all the clothes and accessories to look like a bank robber.
You talk about it. You act like it, etc... You have all the equipment to actually rob a bank.

Then one day the cops think, jeez this guy might be a bank robber.

Are they now wrong?

Police don't bring problems to you.
You bring problems to yourself.
Only idiots rob banks dressed as a bank robber.

I street race my odyssey.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #47
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
Only idiots rob banks dressed as a bank robber.

I street race my odyssey.
is this you?
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #48
ricerocket99
Leaky Injector

ricerocket99 is an unknown quantity at this point
I do believe cops risk there lives everyday to keep us safe, but there are a few out there that just wanna be jerks, I mean... I understand getting tickets for modifed this in that if your actually doing illegal things; racing, drifting, etc... but why the hell do people get busted for just fallowing the rules. Everytime i've been just minding my own business, using my signals, going the speed limit i get pulled over.

One time i saw a cop at a 4 way stop, i stoped completly then went on my way, he leaves his post to follow me and pull me over, he asked for the usual and i asked what i did, he was scooping my car to see what he could find, since i have a custom 3 inch exhaust with a stock tip with an RB i doesn't look modified, he cant find anything so he says to me "your front license plate is about to fall off, have a good day.

R U serious, he was just profiling me.
ricerocket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #49
Brian
Post Whore!

We all willingly put ourselves in that situation.

Don't want to be profiled?
Don't drive a modified car.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #50
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
We all willingly put ourselves in that situation.

Don't want to be profiled?
Don't drive a modified car.
That's like telling a black person if they don't want to be profiled don't be black, of course the logical fallacy in my statement is, you can't STOP being black, you can STOP driving modified cars.

But still, it doesn't make it ok for police to assume that we're doing bad stuff because we're in modified cars.

Just like its not ok for police to assume that if you're black you're going to be holding/on drugs, or about to knock over a liquor store.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #51
Brian
Post Whore!

I agree.

It isn't 'OKAY" for them to profile.

But..... does it happen? Yes.
Will it stop? Doubtful.

Please understand what my argument is.

I'm not saying that what they do is OK.
I'm stating the fact of what is happening and what is going to happen.

That's all.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:42 AM   #52
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
blame it on the hondas.
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:53 AM   #53
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
they were handcuffed for a "street racing" car??

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote