Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
Hella NorCal BBQ Crew - Meet #3 Discussion

Alright, we locked up the last thread, and we'll make this the open discussion for the THIRD installment of the Hella NorCal BBQ Crew meets.

I've had a great time at the past two, and I hope the feeling is mutual for all of you, too. I feel like there's been a lot of learning on my part, too, as far as organizing a good meet for y'all. Not to say that #1 was a flop, but #2 was a lot of fun hanging out all together.

We also got a handful of people driving up from the Bay Area, which I thought was awesome!

I want to pass the torch for a moment to you guys and get some constructive ideas for the next meets...

What do you want from a meet?
What would be the best way to organize food?
Do you want huge speedbumps?
Should we find a park we can frequent, or keep moving and drop a flag in every Sacramento area city?
Which car makes should the meet be open to (previous meets have held mostly Mazda and Nissan/Datsun, though we did have a few Infinity, Subaru and Toyota friends!)
How would you like parking to be regulated/enforced/set up?

Bigger questions, would you guys prefer to purely hit parks, or do you guys want to start making friends with shop owners and see if we can lay down some heavy numbers at someone's place of business (MIGHT have a venue open for meets on a easy, consistant basis)?

Obviously a new run of stickers is in the making, and will be making a return appearance, since you guys ate them up so quickly! Thank you again for all the interest and the generous donations from those that dropped for me!

What kinds of colors would you guys want for the next run? Please take a look at the following link for the color chart. The top "group" of colors are what you have to choose from. No metalic/flake colors as they will NOT stand up to the sun. The vinyl we used for the past run is the top group of colors on the charts, and they will hold up MUCH better to UV.

Lab17 - Graphics and Screen Printing - Color Chart

Any requests for the next design? They will be a "banner" style, probably around 8" long or so. The idea is that quarter windows on 240sx's and many other cars are so small/short, you can't run decent vinyl in that area. I want to capitalize on that so most everyone can find a place for the epic design to display proudly.

Let the discussion begin!!

`Sean

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2009, 03:45 AM   #2
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
One thing I was thinking about doing between now and the next meet is setting up a RPM track day. Think you can beat me around the track? You probably can... but prove it!

I know y'all are a bunch of broke motherfuckers with broken cars, but if there's a fair amount of interest, it'd be fun to rent the track out and do some Outlaw Sprint races! $48 per person (need between 8 and 10 people), and you get a 10 lap qualifying and 60 lap race... Heyo race time!! Take a peep at race prices and see what y'all like, or toss your own ideas out!

See All Indoor Kart Racing Prices and Membership Fees

Old 06-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
ricerocket99
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ricerocket99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow this is awsome, i totaly like the idea of getting everyones input on this. I really enjoyed the bbq this time around and i would definetly go to another, I guess i'll start by giving my two cents

I think we should change the park venue after each meet, that way we can all say if we liked that location for a second time around. Since these are meets i think we need to do more "MEETING" I didn't really get to meet everyone, maybe we can take a few minutes and introduce our selfs, i know it's like the first day of class, but that way everyone knows each other.

As far as the food goes, i think it would work out great if we made some sort of a buffet line, where we put out all the food at once and everyone goes up and grabs what they like, and have chef jose BBQing again. Maybe this time have a little more variety.

As far as parking goes, it would look nice to have all the same makes in one area, not so spread out, and make sure everyone hard parks this time. I guess we could send an invite out to others, but from past expierences it sometimes get out of hand with some people thinking they r better than the rest
ricerocket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
ricerocket99
Leaky Injector

Ohh and regualr hot dogs with bacon this time
Old 06-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

The only problems I've had with "maker drama" is with unorganized Honda people. I'm extending invites to legitimate car clubs and dedicated groups of enthusiasts. They'll behave.

As far as food, I thought it'd be cool if everyone picks ONE THING they're bringing (dogs and dog buns, for instance) and brings enough for everyone. That way, dogs will be covered by them, and we can get more variety.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
LiveLowSilvia
Leaky Injector

LiveLowSilvia is on the path to ruinLiveLowSilvia is on the path to ruin
yea def down for more greeting and meeting ppl...it was chill but like he said, i didnt really 'meet' anyone, and remember their name except Oscar, with the freshly painted metallic Green Silvia....

the buffet dea is pretty chill, and def gotta do regular hot dogs with the bacon next time around.....as far as locations.....im down for any other locations, until we all find one that we are all satisfied with...

as far as inviting other makes out to our meets, I would rather jus see Nissans / Datsuns out there, but i am not prejudice against any other RWD vehicles being there.....as long as theyre clean
Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
LiveLowSilvia
Leaky Injector

^^^^^^Yea, NO HONDAS, or any other stragglers trying to ruin our bbq with stupid non sense...

only legitimate car clubs and real 'enthusiasts'.......no matter what make and model...

it would be cool to get some more datsuns out there, and possibly some old celicas or corollas....ANY classic Imports should be invited
Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
ricerocket99
Leaky Injector

WagDatto i like your idea with the food, it might cost everyone a bit more, but it's all going to a good cause and to have fun. That way there's enough food for everyone and plenty of variety.

I love cars, the more the better IMO, i don't hate on any make and model as long as the driver is mature and respectful.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #9
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

As far as driver responsibility, we've had good luck. That being said, I have no issues dropping the dime on someone at my own meet. I'll call the cops if things get out of hand. I'd rather work with police than some retard endangering the public.

As far as other makes/models, I was talking to James about this the other day. For those that got a chance to meet James Johnson at the meet, he was the one having sex (practically) with his new wife in public and driving the HHR and telling stories about Vegas and Reno... He's always like that, don't take offense!

Anyway, I talked to James and we'll be trying to push for more Datsuns to show up. I'm headed to the meet tomorrow (first Friday of the month at Sunrise/Coloma Round Table... SHOW UP!) and I'll be bringing it up with those people. Also, he'll be emailing/calling people for the next meet to get some more 510/Z/Roadster love!

Also, there's a Datsun swap meet coming up in Sacramento (off Power Inn) in late July, and all you guys are invited to show up and see where your roots lie (Nissan guys, that is... Mazda guys, you can blow it up, too, it's a good time!!).

If anybody have a line on older Toyota's/Mazda's, feel free to talk to them about this meet. Classics are cool, so bring them out!

Right now, this is my "tentative make/model list"

Import
-Nissan (240sx, Z's)
-Mazda (Rotary)
-Toyota (AE86)
VIP
-Infinity (Q's)
-Lexus
Euro
-VW (Jetta, Golf)
-BMW
-Mercedes
Baller
-Toyota (Supra)
-BMW
-Mercedes
Classic
-Datsun (510, Z's, Roadsters)
-Mazda
-Toyota
-VW
Domestic (probably restricted to classic domestics)
Mini Truck

I'll talk to someone tomorrow about setting up a meet at a shop. This would give us a totally private spot without having to worry about parking being eaten up by the public, as well as being able to set things up how we want.

Last edited by WagDatto; 06-04-2009 at 11:47 PM..
Old 06-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
sunnys14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
sunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nicesunnys14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
What's wrong with hondas?
sunnys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #11
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Haha, the only problem I have with them is that I don't know of any organized groups. If people can show up and be responsible and hold their shit together, I don't care what they drive. I love cars, and more than that, I love cars that people take their time with and enjoy.

I'm not opposed to Honda's coming out, just like I'm not opposed to a Lamborghini or Porsche coming out, but I don't know anybody with them. The invite is open at this point for anybody to come represent love for the automobile.

Also, we might be hosting some room for some mini trucks... We'll see who wants to roll out!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #12
Infamax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Infamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnys14 View Post
What's wrong with hondas?
Yeah, a lot of the legit honda heads have some of the cleanest cars.

As long as this meet doesn't get posted on craigs or random lame forums.
Infamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #13
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

I do check the "Linkback" feature in this thread, and that would tell me if people are viewing this thread FROM another site, and that would help me crush any links I don't want spread.

That being said, I have to account for word of mouth and be ready to moderate on some people if things get hairy.

From what I've seen, I agree that Honda's tend to have very clean engine bays especially. There's only so much a Honda guy can do to separate himself from the rest, since almost all of it is cheap and most will have it. Wire tucks, etc always amaze me, especially when it's taken to the extreme.

We'll see how things go!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #14
RicerJ
Zilvia Member

RicerJ is an unknown quantity at this point
ok first if we can get a set number of people to show everyone can figure out how much to bring but since its kinda show if you wish it makes things harder to guess how much to bring and then you never know how much anyone is going to eat so it makes me think if everyone can confirm if they are coming and if bringing anyone else along i think it would give a good idea to who is going and who isnt and just assume everyone to eat say 2 dogs to give room for a little error or a dog and a burger just so people can plan out how much to bring
RicerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:53 AM   #15
KA-Kait
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
KA-Kait is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA-Kait
i'm not exactly sure what to post other than my two cents of : do whatcha want darlin', just lemme know when you need my help & I stand by my rule of everyone having fun. I'm all down for 'the more the merrier' because well I like talking to people and looking at pretty cars. Why not talk to James about doing it at the place where the swap meet is off Power Inn sean. My dad can fucking TOW a BBQ, remember? W.T all the way. haha. but that's all private and the area was big.

just an option. I'll talk to you tomorrow about my other secret squirell ideas. i can't let them all out now.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #16
JAYTRON
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
JAYTRON is making a name for him/her selfJAYTRON is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JAYTRON
You could hold the meet at Folsom Lake since it's getting hotter maybe? Plus there's BBQ grill/pits close the parking lot. I forgot which specific part but its the one where the same road also leads to Folsom Outlets. There is going to be parking fee though. Just my couple of cents
JAYTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
KA-Kait
Zilvia Member

KA-Kait is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to KA-Kait
Sean and I made it to the month Datsun meet last night out off Coloma. Pitched the idea and we got some great response. We know for sure we could get more Datsun men showing up, which would be awesome because those guys are very cool. (and a lot of them remind me of my grandpa, so it's a little weird as well.... >.> ) Sean is hitting up a Sac Water meet tonight, wish him luck and I will be working my magic elsewhere. The TENTIVE date is August 30th so just to put a bug in your ear, we're shooting for the end of summer (clearly) and we want to make this one big and happy and lots of fun!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #18
ricerocket99
Leaky Injector

30th of August sounds good, can't wait. It I'll be awsome to have a bbq and meet before i go back to school
Old 06-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
I_LOVE_JDM

I_LOVE_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like its gonna be a good time... im sure i can make it to this one with a couple of buddies
I_LOVE_JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #20
LiveLowSilvia
Leaky Injector

this one is gonna be big.......i can feel it...haha
Old 06-07-2009, 03:33 AM   #21
RicerJ
Zilvia Member

i hope its gonna be big bigger then the first one but with more food lol and the return of the bacon dogs
Old 06-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #22
BRAVO

BRAVO is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the Idea of make/model parking lineups for sure. I do suggest you for sure post up on Norcaldrift.org I know a few people from that forum and they have some pretty legit rides. We should keep the whos bringing what list and add what they drive example

BRAVO---flat black s13---Cookies for 40

I do now that some time while its warm lake berryessa is a pretty badass drive/ place to have a bbq and swim in some not freezing water. That's our local touge here in napa. Stickers I think the colors you had were good. If we are doing them for the corner glass maybe offer a 2 pack? One for each window for those who like to keep it even lol.
BRAVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #23
silpena
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you need to figure out your food issue. i do have an offer for you guys. im an assist mangr. for a new pizza place opening up in folsom and we're looking for ways to market and get our name out there. being said, i can hook it uo with a discount if you make a big enough order. also i think folsom lake is a great spot. just thought i get it out so we can talk about it. we open in end if june soo if thd meet is in july then we can get it rolling.
silpena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #24
robtech
Zilvia Member

robtech is an unknown quantity at this point
some good ideas discussed here and i'll post more of mine later since i need to hit the hay but

me n my lady would definately be game for rpm 60 laps of me whooping your butt event.
robtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #25
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silpena View Post
If you need to figure out your food issue. i do have an offer for you guys. im an assist mangr. for a new pizza place opening up in folsom and we're looking for ways to market and get our name out there. being said, i can hook it uo with a discount if you make a big enough order. also i think folsom lake is a great spot. just thought i get it out so we can talk about it. we open in end if june soo if thd meet is in july then we can get it rolling.
How big is the parking lot? Might be down for meets at your place! Hit up your boss and see what he's down for as far as a decent sized gathering (probably not the official meet, obviously, cuz pizza is not BBQ Crew material!) with reserved seating and cheapo status!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
silpena
Zilvia Addict

silpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to beholdsilpena is a splendid one to behold
i asked him and he said he can do a discount depending on the size of the gathering. On the parking lot. Its pretty huge but i have to ask the land lord of the stores to ask if we can have it there. Theres a jamba juice, railys, etc by us so we dont have the whole parking lot.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #27
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

See what can be done, and we'll see what we can throw down!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #28
silpena
Zilvia Addict

okay ill see what can be done, im pretty sure i can get a good discount. We really are looking to promote the restruant in the area. Im gonna request that day off of course so i can be at the meet hopefully i get my new s13 and running right to bring it. My old one is wrecked and being parted out. I hope to find someone to swap out my ka becuase i wont have time with work. Hope this meet goes great, i never made it last time.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #29
RicerJ
Zilvia Member

no man cheapo status is where i work lol 5 dollar pizza thats cheapo status sean and you know it
Old 06-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #30
butfkr
Leaky Injector

butfkr is an unknown quantity at this point
sean you should check out kasberg park it was a big bbq area and a good size parking area
butfkr is offline   Reply With Quote