Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
twastheglow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
twastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to twastheglow
where EXACTLY do I run my vacuum lines?

Ok...after about 3 years, I have finally gotten around to boosting my built KA. I have all my parts and will be installing everything next weekend with the help of a friend of mine. My question, (even after searching) is how do I run all my vacuum lines? And by how, I mean exactly what and where do I "t" into? I have a BB T28 (internally gated obviously) whose waste gate needs a line. Where do I run it from? I have a Synapse Engineering BOV, where do I run that from? And AEM TruBoost, where do I run that? LOL I just can't seem to get straight answers. If someone can snap specific pics for me, that would be awesome. I just need to see where people are running their vacuum lines from. Thanks in advance guys.
*mike*
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
twastheglow
Zilvia Member

twastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nicetwastheglow is just really nice
PS...after thinking about it, this probably should have gone in engine tech...sorry.
*mike*
Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
corriganjoshua
Zilvia Junkie

corriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to corriganjoshua
Quote:
Originally Posted by twastheglow View Post
PS...after thinking about it, this probably should have gone in engine tech...sorry.
*mike*
And if you would use that search button you could easily discover it has been covered many times previously. Dont be sorry just dont do it again. P.S. If you are stuggling on thing like that maybe you should have waited and did some research before starting such a project and doing such mods?

Cheap,Fast,Reliable you can only have 2.
corriganjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
twastheglow
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corriganjoshua View Post
And if you would use that search button you could easily discover it has been covered many times previously. Dont be sorry just dont do it again.
I did search and came up with nothing showing me where. If you have a link, it would be greatly appreciated. And I'll try my damndest not to do it again. LOL
*mike*
Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
twastheglow
Zilvia Member

If I "t" into the vacuum line going to the brake booster (before the check valve), what should I be running that to? The BOV, AEM TruBoost, or wastegate? And which ever one that goes to, how do I run the lines for the other 2? LOL

From what I've read, the BOV needs to be "t" into a vacuum line from the intake manifold. In the FSM, it shows there are 4 lines (2 of which are vacuum lines) that come up from underneath the throttle body and run along the front of the engine bay (above the radiator). 1 of the lines goes to PAIRC-solenoid, and the other goes to the canister. Can I use one of those 2 for the BOV? If so which one and where should I "t" into it?
*mike*
Old 08-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
twastheglow
Zilvia Member

Help a brutha out...?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Well you can use the brake booster solenoid if need to, just get a vacuum line block and slap it in there for all your vacuum line needs.

Something like this:

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
twastheglow
Zilvia Member

So I could just run a line to my BOV, wastegate and TruBoost using that?
*mike*