Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #61
SR2Zero
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/217262...fuel-rail.html
SR2Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #62
milesprwr

Trader Rating: (0)
milesprwr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hiya,

I noticed that my engine (KA24DE w/ ~111k miles) idles a little high despite the temperature of the engine. I used to have an S2K and whenever I started the engine cold, it idled high until the engine warmed up and settled down. In my '91 240, the idle will only go as low as ~1.1k RPM despite the fact that the engine is warmed up. Any ideas as to why it does this? What's normal for this engine to be idling at anyway?
milesprwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #63
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Normal without the AC on is 750 +/- 25 RPM I think. You can try turning the IACV screw in some, but my bet is you have a small vacuum leak on your intake manifold side(after the throttle body).
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #64
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey Luke, I really appreciate your expertise that you share with everyone on zilvia. Not a lot of people give it out for free to strangers.

On to my problem.

This is something that has been happening for about 2 years and I've yet to figure it out.

3.5K+ hard engine vibrations. Followed with "glitching" cluster. (Would jump up/down slightly on all gauges ie fuel water temp RPMs and MPH)

Any time, through any gear my engine would vibrate harshly from 3.5k and up which makes freeway driving over 65 mph unbearable. About a year ago it was at 4k+ RPMs and I was able to drive up to 80mph without this happening. Now it has dropped.

I've gone through it and nothing is rubbing against anything nor are my mounts loose. However my harness in the wheel well has been rubbed up a few good times but were always rewired/tucked.

SAFC and wideband isnt showing any spikes/dips in either AFR or knock. No Smoke out the back either.

Current Setup:
Blacktop SR (Redtop harness and ecu)
T28 - SAFC - N60 Maf (have a N62 sitting around)
(NGK Wideband)
FMIC/full exhaust/Walbro/Splitfire coilpacks

What could be causing this harsh vibration? is there any more info I can give you to help diagnose this?
DLo Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #65
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
milesprwr: I would check all your vacume lines, and intake tube for any leaks. Is your check engine light on? If so I would replace the 2 wire temp sensor which is located on the water neck. That one tells the ecu when its warm. The single wire one next to that is for your gauge.

Dlo eric: Thanks.

Im willing to bet that if you bought a cheap volt meter and hooked it up directly to your battery and drove around you would find your voltage dropping below 10 volts when that problem is occurring. I would bet that your alternator is slowly dieing out. and over time the voltage keeps dropping. An sr uses more and more energy at higher load (rpm) levels, and if the voltage drops too low the coil pack cannot fire the spark plug.

Let me know.
Luke
Old 10-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #66
milesprwr

milesprwr is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, I'll go ahead and check the lines for leaks.

No, the check engine light is not on.
milesprwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #67
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

DLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post

Dlo eric: Thanks.

Im willing to bet that if you bought a cheap volt meter and hooked it up directly to your battery and drove around you would find your voltage dropping below 10 volts when that problem is occurring. I would bet that your alternator is slowly dieing out. and over time the voltage keeps dropping. An sr uses more and more energy at higher load (rpm) levels, and if the voltage drops too low the coil pack cannot fire the spark plug.

Let me know.
Luke
That is quite possibly dead on. I've been experimenting with grounding thinking it might be the issue but is there a process to check it with a multimeter? Considering I'm running the stock alternator from the original redtop from nearly 3 years ago, it would explain whats going on.
DLo Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:56 AM   #68
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

KasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choices
ok so i swap a manual s13 trans into a 95' auto s14. and as most know the speedo reads double the mph. so to rectify the problem i bought a s14 manual VSS. but it still is reading double the mph. soooooo..... anyone of you crazy kidz know what i can do.
p.s. ive already searched and have pm'ed ppl that have had the same prob with no response nor were there post's answered.
KasperSlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #69
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
maybe they gave you the wrong speedo sens.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #70
trust187
Zilvia Member

trust187 is making a name for him/her selftrust187 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to trust187
Its great your doing this Luke. Well heres my problem, car battery died a couple of weeks ago, and I tried to jump it, but it seems I wired the cables or something wrong and all the electrical units in my car fried. Nothing electrical works except for the headlights so assuming my fuses are fried. The car still starts but the alternator does not charge the battery. I've changed the alternator and gotten a new battery since then, but the battery still does not get charged. Any ideas?
trust187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #71
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
hey im still having problems with the stupid tac i have tried everything i even fallowed each wire to make sure they wornt burnt or something

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #72
moses
Zilvia Junkie

moses is making his/her stupidity well-knownmoses is making his/her stupidity well-knownmoses is making his/her stupidity well-knownmoses is making his/her stupidity well-known
Hey i got a question. what setting should I use on my greddy profec spec 2 with a gt2871r? would it be the same settings as I had it on the stock turbo or little higher? also would you happen to know the stock psi on a gt2871r wastegate and do you know if a different turbo will make my greddy blow off valve sound different?
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #73
blu808
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trust187 View Post
Its great your doing this Luke. Well heres my problem, car battery died a couple of weeks ago, and I tried to jump it, but it seems I wired the cables or something wrong and all the electrical units in my car fried. Nothing electrical works except for the headlights so assuming my fuses are fried. The car still starts but the alternator does not charge the battery. I've changed the alternator and gotten a new battery since then, but the battery still does not get charged. Any ideas?

Most likely it is your fusible link on the power cable.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #74
blu808
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix36 View Post
hey im still having problems with the stupid tac i have tried everything i even fallowed each wire to make sure they wornt burnt or something
Did you replace the gauge cluster?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #75
blu808
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Hey i got a question. what setting should I use on my greddy profec spec 2 with a gt2871r? would it be the same settings as I had it on the stock turbo or little higher? also would you happen to know the stock psi on a gt2871r wastegate and do you know if a different turbo will make my greddy blow off valve sound different?
Setting for what? Are you trying to set it for a certain boost level? If so get a boost gauge and just keep turning it up until you reach the desired boost. And turn the gain up until you get some over boost, then back it off.

Also on the wastegate there are many different ones available for that turbo, you can put a vac pump on it and pump it up till it opens, that will tell you which one you have.

Different boost levels, flow levels will change sounds on bov, exh, intake, ect.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #76
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

FIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud of
BLU808 ur pm are full please pm me i have a question to ask about side job THANKS

GARAGE BOSO...........ROOTS AND CULTURE
FIlthy 24O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 AM   #77
blu808
Post Whore!

Pm's cleared.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:10 AM   #78
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
blu, how can I tell if my KA's AICV air regulator is good or not? I have it removed from the car. I have a multimeter to test it, thanks.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #79
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
I've got a question, for some reason when I'm at a complete stop, or red light, my engine will idle fine and smooth for about 1-2min. after that the engine shakes and you can feel the whole car shake. I've checked for boost leaks with a DIY boost leak tester, and my vacuum lines are brand new. Can't seem to figure out whats causing it. What could be causing this?
duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #80
whatda
BANNED

Trader Rating: (5)
whatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond reputewhatda has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
my fuse for the tail lights keeps on blowing every time i put in a new one
every time i turn the head lights on the head lights only go on but not the gage cluster and the running lights

the car is a 90's sohc with a ground kit thing

please help its been like this for 4 moths
whatda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #81
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
yes i did sr
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Did you replace the gauge cluster?
lol

DRiFT 4 A Cure!

Last edited by Fonix36; 10-21-2008 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #82
blu808
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix36 View Post
yes u did sr
I replaced it?
Old 10-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #83
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
emergency: what happened with the bonneville project!?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #84
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

my bad i did

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #85
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Okay so basically Im running a 2006 gto ls2 in my 97 nissan 240sx but I need some help with my current setup because im getting to much fuel pressure(65-70psi) and I cant seem to "regulate" the pressure. Ill start by saying im running a walboro 255lph in tank pump/ into a 99+ vette fuel filter&reg/and one single line up the length of the car into a aeromotive fpr/and then into the rail(everything -6an)

2 lines from the tank and 1 single output up to the fpr and then the rail

picture of line going toward the rail.

This is an old picture of how the single line enters the fpr I have it coming in the left inlet and out the right inlet, and the return port blocked off.....And obviously this is the culperate but how should this part be changed?
why is the pressure so high shouldn't the vette regulator/filter be doing its job?
would entering through the left inlet port and out the return line port is this even possible?
I need your expert advice

Thanx in advance
Old 11-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #86
HunsakerS14
Zilvia Junkie

HunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Yesterday morning I go to start my car and nothin. as if the batterys dead. tried again and made a clicking noise. I was the only one home so I tried push startin it. was unsuccesful. call my buddy up to have him come jump me and as hes pullin into my driveway I just try to start it for the hell of it and vrooom... starts perfectly. ran fine all day/night. get up this morning to go to work and try to start it, nothin again. try it again and only clicking. (luckily my mom was home so I barrowed her car...) I dont know if its just my battery/starter/alternator... so you got any ideas?
HunsakerS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #87
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
hey luke whats good man no more help????
Old 11-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #88
blu808
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
emergency: what happened with the bonneville project!?
Ive been to busy giving away free help to build my fc. lol. Naa more updates coming soon. I still need to get with you about tuning it.

fonix36: no idea man. have you tried hooking up an aftermarket tach and see if the problem persists?

RUTH'LESSDET: pm me for my cell number, or give me a ring if you already have it.

HunsakerS14: loose connection somewhere. I would check battery terminal connections, grounds, starter power wire connection.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #89
SR2Zero
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Ok, so I've finally got my sr to the point im ready to crank. I turned the motor over, fuel pump primes, and gas comes out from the bottom of my injectors. (They're yellow top, at the bottom where the cap isn't and the yellow is showing)Is it o-rings or what?
SR2Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #90
blu808
Post Whore!

So. fuel was gushing out from where it meets the intake manifold? that is not good. For 1 fuel should not be getting past the lower o rings at all. that is low pressure, etc. Usually when an o ring goes bad it will be from where the injector meets the rail.

BTW: ATTENTION EVERYONE.

I have been getting over 100 Pm's a week about this free help. So here is what I am proposing. Please send me a donation to my paypal for my time. Only send me a donation if my advice resolves your problem. I dont care if it is $1 or $10. Thanks.

Luke

Paypal= [email protected]