Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2023, 09:00 AM   #1
InvisibleHand

Trader Rating: (0)
InvisibleHand is just really niceInvisibleHand is just really niceInvisibleHand is just really niceInvisibleHand is just really niceInvisibleHand is just really niceInvisibleHand is just really niceInvisibleHand is just really niceInvisibleHand is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drive shaft stuck in tranny

Howdy. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and what they did to fix it.

I pulled my motor to diagnose a suspected blown head gasket. During the process I discovered that my drive shaft, the front half, was stuck in the transmission.

I disconnected it at the carrier bearing expecting it to then slide right out. But it didn't budge a millimeter. After wrestling with it for a couple hours I decided to pull the motor with the drive shaft still attached.

The only thing I can think of is that the previous owner used locktight or something to effectively glue it in place.

Either that or there was a mechanical failure that's binding the splines. The previous owner claimed it was making 550whp (I detuned it as soon as I got it) so I'm not sure if the sheer power could do that.

For context, it is an SR tranny mated to an S13 blacktop residing in an S14.

And insights would be greatly appreciated.
InvisibleHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links