Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 AM   #3721
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
That red hose should be going to the waste-gate nipple not the BOV. The bronze nipple under the coupler in the pic. The top BOV nipple should be hooked up to the intake manifold.

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/sites/...les/Raptor.pdf

You will not blow off or have any boost control with that setup.
Okay thanks. I knew it didn't go that way, that's just how I got it in the mail. This is how I have it ran now. I was told to just leave the bottom nipple open?

This is how I have it ran. But instead of the black hose on bottom, it would be on top coming from the intake.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #3722
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster6909 View Post
I would never have thought of this sir, i thought it'd connect to something and i really appreciate your words.

Would you happen to know what goes on #3? That one would be hard to get to once the engine is in.

And can i bolt up the power steering after the engine is in, or?

I really, really appreciate it sir, thanks!
I would bolt the power steering up now. Easier to do with more room.

I honestly don't think it's used. I have looked at many pictures of the front of Sr's and see no bolt in there.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #3723
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Anyone one know what size in mm are the bulbs used for the HVAC unit and dash switches in S13's? Wanna replace them all with amber leds. TIA
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:22 AM   #3724
redenblack
Leaky Injector

redenblack is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to redenblack
i have a bone stock 95 s14. the engine and car shakes when i first turn on the car. what seems to be the problem? is it cuz of the really cold weather? vacuum leak?
redenblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #3725
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
so i'm trying to decide which extended studs to get for the front, i have ichiba hubs up front, i've read that they are 14mm so i was wondering which ones will work with the knurl on the hubs.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #3726
佩恩_
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
佩恩_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just wanna double check.

S14 zenki and S14 Kouki doors both are the same right? driver and passenger side?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #3727
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 佩恩_ View Post
Just wanna double check.

S14 zenki and S14 Kouki doors both are the same right? driver and passenger side?
Everything bolts right on other than the headlights. Door panels are different though, the trim is probably a different design.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #3728
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
Okay thanks. I knew it didn't go that way, that's just how I got it in the mail. This is how I have it ran now. I was told to just leave the bottom nipple open?

This is how I have it ran. But instead of the black hose on bottom, it would be on top coming from the intake.
The top is the vac line the bottom is a boost reference line on the BOV. It's supposed to increase the response of the BOV. It may be helpful if you experience some surge before blow off. But, in every instance I have encountered it just makes the BOV flutter more in transient conditions.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #3729
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
What fastener holds the handles on for the windows? I took this appart two years ago and they are long gone.

C-clips, Lynch Pins? Does it go thru the small holes or around the plastic part?

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #3730
cole shoes
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
cole shoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i went to the track this past weekend and it was raining and because of the condensation i had to leave my driver window down. now JUST my head lights wont turn off, they are dim and when i turn the lights on they still go back to normal brightness they just never turn off. i disconnected the battery for now but i was seeing if this had every happened to anyone else on here and if there was an easy fix to it or a wire i have to check and where its located?

thanks guys.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #3731
Mista Lee
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
Mista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mista Lee
Trying to get my kade to tdc.
have the motor on a stand and of course have the plugs out but my problem is that the crank doesn't want to turn, even with a breaker bar..
am i doing something wrong?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #3732
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
whats the specs on the bolts from the turbo outlet to the dp on a sr by chance?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #3733
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Is the wiper motor connector different on 97-98 than 95-96? Thought my engine harness was missing the connector, but looking at the 97-98 FSM, it looks like they possibly used a different style connector. (I think the harness I'm using might be from a 97-98.)
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #3734
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
it is different, i got a harness from a kouki a while back and noticed it was diff
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #3735
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Yeah, just compared the FSM's and realized that. Luckily the defrost button plug is the same as the 95-96 wiper connector and I have an extra one of those laying around haha
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #3736
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
drifting on bolt on spacers, good or bad?
This would also be a daily car, i have extended lugs atm
Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #3737
Ryanman

Ryanman is an unknown quantity at this point
My power windows don't work, or most other electronics... The meter fuse keeps blowing... Where should I start?
Ryanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #3738
krankanator
Leaky Injector

krankanator is an unknown quantity at this point
how can i post my car on here for sale on ur classifieds it wont let me need help please
krankanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #3739
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
What wheels are these???
And if anyone has specs that would be great, owner of this car is a zilvia member. I just can't remember who it is.THANX
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #3740
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
What wheels are these???
And if anyone has specs that would be great, owner of this car is a zilvia member. I just can't remember who it is.THANX
wrong thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by krankanator View Post
how can i post my car on here for sale on ur classifieds it wont let me need help please
zilvia is magical and knows when people join only to post for sale - they might also ban you for spamming post count. Theres a waiting period
Old 12-21-2010, 04:21 AM   #3741
dfitzg

dfitzg is an unknown quantity at this point
If i have a s14 base model but it has SE drivers door harness and my passenger side window cant roll down from master switch, if i swap the passenger door harness to an SE harness will it work ?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:56 AM   #3742
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I have a set of rims, and they are 17x9 +24 offset im getting new tires for it. What size tires would look good on them on a stock s14 body?
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #3743
sw20g
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sw20g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Is there a difference in the plug that goes in the back of the alternator from s13 to s14?
sw20g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #3744
240sx123$
BANNED

240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
I have a set of rims, and they are 17x9 +24 offset im getting new tires for it. What size tires would look good on them on a stock s14 body?
Thats a pretty subjective question- it really depends on the look youre going for. If you like the stretched look, a 225 would be a decent stretch on a 9" rim, but wont offer you a ton of sidewall to absorb impact from potholes and whatnot. If It were me, Id run a 235 up front and a 255 out back. Im running 18x9 +22 wheels on my S14 with 235's and 255's. I had 225's up front and demolished a wheel when i hit a pothole, which is why i switched to 235's. The 225's definitely looked nasty, but for a street car in PA, it just wasnt worth it. Roads are too shitty. If you want to run the same size tire all around so that it can be rotated, you probably want to do a 235 or 245 all around.

Another thing to consider is if you ran a 225, I *think* youd want a 45 series tire, which would provide a lot more cushion on you 17" rim than my 225/40 on an 18". My best advice would be to look in the stretch/flush thread, and the maximum rubber thread (both stickied in the chat forum), and use those as a reference to choose your tire size. Your wheels have a fairly mellow offset, so if max rubber is your style, you can fit a good amount of rubber in there. If stretch/flush is your style, you can put stretched tires on there and space the wheels out so they dont look goofy. If your offset is too high, or your car isnt low enough, it will look very silly with stretched tires. Depending on how the wheels sit on your car (and how you WANT them to sit) will determine what tire sizes you should run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20g View Post
Is there a difference in the plug that goes in the back of the alternator from s13 to s14?
I assume you mean for the KA? If so, no- there is no difference.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #3745
sw20g
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sw20g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post

I assume you mean for the KA? If so, no- there is no difference.
yeah ka, forgot to mention that, now either I'm just an idiot and couldnt find it or its mia
sw20g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #3746
dfitzg

dfitzg is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfitzg View Post
If i have a s14 base model but it has SE drivers door harness and my passenger side window cant roll down from master switch, if i swap the passenger door harness to an SE harness will it work ?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #3747
BlackKnightsDriftTeam
Leaky Injector

BlackKnightsDriftTeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Any one know where i can get a LHD s15 dashboard? i wanna get one to put into my s14. thanks!
BlackKnightsDriftTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #3748
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
drifting on bolt on spacers, good or bad?
This would also be a daily car, i have extended lugs atm
been doing it for a few years now...

wheel bearings go bad faster....
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #3749
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
so i'm trying to decide which extended studs to get for the front, i have ichiba hubs up front, i've read that they are 14mm so i was wondering which ones will work with the knurl on the hubs.
any input?
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #3750
SofaKingFast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (43)
SofaKingFast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SofaKingFast
I'm looking to get an AFPR, preferably one with a gauge. The guys at Phase2 recommended the Circuit Sports model as it has everything I need at an affordable price. They said the quality of the piece is better than the Megan, but I'm wondering if I should spend a little more for the Tomei or SARD models? Anyone have experience with any of these AFPR's?
SofaKingFast is offline   Reply With Quote