Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240zach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
s13 seafoam green 2 tone color questions

Hey I'm painting my car two tone, and I know that the color combination is 5G7, and tht the green is FG0...but I know I'm going to need to lay a silver base coat over the primer before the green..and I wanted to know if anyone has the color code for the silver that they use or if when I ask for that color code if it comes with a silver as well or if its already mixed in..if anyone knows please reply!!!! Thx. Lol
240zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
463, dark gray metallic...

You didn't Google, young man.

PaintScratch Touch Up Paint, Spray Cans, Paint Pen

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Hahaha, no no no..I'm not talking about the gray...I knew that, but do I paint the whole car that color first then green and the green will turn out how its supposed to? Cause I'm talking about the base coat before the green..I lay a silver coat on there and then the green..then after that the gray..so I'm asking what's the silver color code...not the gray.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
240zach
Zilvia Addict

I meant the gray on the bottom
Old 01-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Randomly Googled image

Are you talking about that gray at the bottom? Because that is the bottom color on ALL 2-tones.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I think he's trying to figure out the color code for the base coat between the primer and the main color (that being the seafoam green).

My car is a creamy yellow two-tone, and I can tell you that there's no silver base coat beneath the yellow. There is a white coat under it, however.
Maybe it's different for the seafoam cars? I don't really know.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #7
Kamburrito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
Kamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kamburrito
I believe yuri would have the answer to this one, if he's still around. Haven't seen him post in ages. Haha.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I thought the silver green was the base coat? I'm pretty sure its all one color. All you need is FG0 and 463.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:01 AM   #9
240zach
Zilvia Addict

phlip i know what im talking about and its not that...

and @soreballz i think its different because the platinum ice and seafoam green and lavender frost all have that silverish element to them, the cream yellow doesnt really. you know what i mean? i was talking to my freind and he said that it should just be in with the color (FG0) but i just want to make sure because if so id be laying primer, the main coat(silverish green) and then clearcoat...

but if not..itd have to be primer, then silver, then the greenish color(FG0) etc....
i just want to be sure
Old 01-24-2011, 02:02 AM   #10
240zach
Zilvia Addict

someone get yuri to comment on this so i can ask him.lolz
Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #11
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why not spray a small test panel, without the silver base, and see if it looks correct?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #12
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What "ThatGuy" said. You never know, you might like the test panels results a little better and paint the car your own version of the original two tone
Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #13
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Yeah that's true..but I wanna get at least close..if anything a bit more green I think would look better too so its not confused with the blue...but I will let you guys know.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #14
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This Yuri that some speak of is but a myth. Perpetuated by the internets to give hope to hopeless newbs of Zilvia. He exists now only in stories passed down by the elder Zilvians.

Good luck on your journey.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #15
240zach
Zilvia Addict

LOL that's funny. Haha. But if anyone knows for sure let me know..I don't think tht there is a silver cause if u look in the back and in the rear when u rip out interior its their normal primer gray..but I just wanna be sure.lol I respect 2 tones and don't want to ruin them (IMO) with a wack ass coloring
Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #16
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Yuri's paint isn't even a proper seafoam green. There's pearl in it. Hit up Richard Rabe (CelicaDrifter is his username). He's the one that painted Yuri's car.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #17
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
for everyones information. the color is silver green pearl. not seafoam green. get it right .

second i have heard from many, that is it all one color.

and for your information the grey at the bottom is supposed to be matte with no shine. or at a minimum very low gloss. that helps in giving it the proper look.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Randomly Googled image

Are you talking about that gray at the bottom? Because that is the bottom color on ALL 2-tones.
I thought there was one that was a goldish 2 tone on the bottom ?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #19
240zach
Zilvia Addict

@sr20detman i just call it seafoam cause its easier to type than silver green pearl. and thank you for that. im planning on going with a light gray primer than the silver green color then on the bottom the gray and then clearcoat..but ill clear the green first to see how the gray looks and then ill tape the ody line and take some black to it.lolz..or electrical tape if im lazy
Old 01-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #20
240zach
Zilvia Addict

@boostslidewayz: there is..but its not really oem..at least in the US...and it only really looks good on silvias...but it'd be white with the gold bottom
Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 AM   #21
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Trader Rating: (0)
Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is no silver base coat underneath the silver green.
There was however a separate paint code for areas such as inside the trunk and engine bay. It was a matte non-metallic version of the same color.

Just do primer, the silver-green color coat, and then clear it, and you should have the proper finish you're after.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #22
240zach
Zilvia Addict

yuri thank you!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #23
h2v7
Nissanaholic!