Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 AM   #211
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tougetuned is making a name for him/her selftougetuned is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nah I've already done the V8 thing many years ago, I put a VH45 in my old S13, it was fun but I love my SR.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #212
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Love this car. If you end up in a pinch for a SR, I have a redtop sitting around I doubt I'll get to anytime soon.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #213
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

tougetuned is making a name for him/her selftougetuned is making a name for him/her self
Thanks man! I might have to take you up on that if mines trashed.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #214
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did you order your Car Modify Wonder kit directly from their site? Wondering if there is a US distributor or if it ships directly from Japan.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:23 PM   #215
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Did you order your Car Modify Wonder kit directly from their site? Wondering if there is a US distributor or if it ships directly from Japan.
Mastermind NA is a distributor iirc. Paul@mastermindNA is the rep on here.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:21 AM   #216
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

What he said ^ I actually ordered the kit from GTRGarage and the hood, side extensions, canards and steering wheel from Streeter.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:56 AM   #217
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good info, thanks guys!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #218
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tougetuned View Post
What he said ^ I actually ordered the kit from GTRGarage and the hood, side extensions, canards and steering wheel from Streeter.
Streeter is and will forever be the man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #219
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Sup with an update.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #220
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Sup with an update.

Unfortunately she is still without a motor. Currently deciding the route I want to take, building myself or buying another and save myself some money.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #221
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

It's been a while since I've updated this, I've been pretty busy with the car. I ended up picking up a built motor with the turbo setup I wanted local for a decent deal. I'm still fighting a few of issues with it, mostly rich idle and going lean under boost. I had a lot of odd charging system/grounding issues that are pretty much sorted out now. I ended up running a 2/0 battery cable, converted to Quest alternator using the CodyAce bracket and added some additional engine grounds. On one of my first test drives my heater core decided to disintegrate on me, along with other coolant and power steering overheating issues. The engine bay is ugly right now so I'm not posting any pictures of it yet. I still have a lot of fab work that needs to be done, intake made, new wastegate dump, intercooler piping etc. But it runs and drives! I took it up to the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday, I couldn't be happier to have it back driving!

Old 09-04-2017, 12:42 PM   #222
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm happy to hear man! Is there anything I can help provide to get this thing back to 100%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:09 PM   #223
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

As far as getting it running back to 100% I just have to track down this lean under boost issue. I can deal with the rich idle/stalling issue. I'm curious if it's in the tune since I've never had this problem before, it's always been the opposite. I cranked the fuel pressure up to around 60psi and than seemed to help a good bit. Although the higher the rpms, the leaner it gets. It will slowly go from max rich ~10, level out ~11.5 in midrange and once I get around 6k rpms it goes to 12+ and I let out. I can't really beat on it right now anyways since my wastegate dump is causing my PS to overheat when driving hard. I might pick up an SAFC to fine tune for the time being. I'm going to send off for a new tune once I get cams anyways, but I would like to get it running perfect before then.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #224
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Cool to see this thing up and running again! Not sure I would dance around the issue with it running funky though...

What are you running for EMS? SAFC is a band aid fix that can do more harm than good, have you double checked your fuel pump and fuel filter? I could see a tired pump or bad filter flooding the motor on 60 psi at idle when it can then running out of steam trying to keep up in boost.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #225
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

I'm not beating on it until I get all the issues completely sorted. SAFC would be temporary and also help with my stalling issue on decel. I'm running an Enthalpy tune again. Fuel pump is maybe a year old or less and the filter I plan on replacing. I also haven't had this issue until I put this motor in, essentially everything is the same aside from a few sensors. That's the reason why I'm leaning towards the tune.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #226
MattDuqueBMX

MattDuqueBMX is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never been a fan of S14s but this definitely changed my opinion on them, this is one S14 I'd definitely love to have. Good work! Love the attention to detail.
MattDuqueBMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:42 AM   #227
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

It's been quite a while since I updated. I've been ridiculously busy getting things done on the car to get it ready for spring. Hopefully I can make some races this year before I break it again.

I wasn't extremely happy with the power it was making on the 2871 so I decided to try and get the most out of it I could without changing turbos. First up some small cams, I ended up going with Tomei 260s to keep a little bottom end/response, while I was in there I did the dual rocker guides. Went ahead and threw in a new Wiring Specialties Pro harness to go along with my other goodies.

Untitled

I wanted to give E85 a shot and just so happened a friend was selling his Radium fuel rail, rail mounted regulator, gauge, fuel filter and some ID 1050X. Got it all plumbed in with Earls Ultrapro hose and fittings, which I LOVE.

RS Enthalpy is THE MAN and hooked me up with a switchable tune for 93/E85. Drove it up to Hickory, NC for a little fine tuning. Ended up making 387/350 on E85 with a misfire. New coilpacks and I'll be in the 400's

*working on fixing the video links*
Old 02-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #228
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

I also finally got my Wonder Type-1 full splitter in and a set of matching spares! A few photos from recently if you don't follow me on social.

Old 03-08-2023, 01:12 AM   #229
BLAKTOOTH

BLAKTOOTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Does this still live? I'm hoping it does.
BLAKTOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:53 AM   #230
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
Does this still live? I'm hoping it does.
He still has it

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote