Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-20-2022, 01:32 AM   #361
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That are both really nice houses! and so much space compared to houses in the Netherlands
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2022, 10:37 AM   #362
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
The old new house looked awesome, but the new new house also looks awesome! Congratulations.
Thanks! I think this will finally be the forever home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar F View Post
That are both really nice houses! and so much space compared to houses in the Netherlands
Thanks, My uncle from London visited the blue house this past summer and was blown away by how big just the basement was.

Not so much an update on the body work on car but It was a neat exercise which some of you may enjoy. Winter is coming and this ill allow me to do work on the car while at my computer (and 3d printer but more on that later.

My work recently got an Artec Leo scanner to help with onsite measure-ups. I was able to take it home to "practice" with over the weekend. Since the car has been in a bodyshop environment for the past year or so it was covered in dust. Perfect for scanning.

The tape over the headlights and placed over the fiberglass are just to give the scanner reference points.

After 20 min or so of scanning, this is the raw data from the scanner.

I spent a little time cleaning and aligning the scans in artec studio.

I intend on using this to make and print a cooling panel as well as side skirt extensions. I hate how the front lip sits 3 inches or so lower than the sideskirts but cant justify shipping them from Australia.

The impul grill fouls on the old aluminum cooling panel I made and many of the off the shelf parts do not fit GTST hood catch. Plus making things is fun.

Speaking of, made my own GTR hood.

I am going to start on the cooling panel first and will post progress as it uh ... progresses.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:57 AM   #363
MattPym

MattPym is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome!

How did you find the scanner to work with? Any tracking issues?

I have the Artec's budget arch-nemesis (Creality Scan Lizard), Have used it a few times to make reference scans from my S13, but not too much yet as it very quickly showed the age of my laptop
MattPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:33 PM   #364
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPym View Post
Awesome!

How did you find the scanner to work with? Any tracking issues?

I have the Artec's budget arch-nemesis (Creality Scan Lizard), Have used it a few times to make reference scans from my S13, but not too much yet as it very quickly showed the age of my laptop
Thanks!

It helped a lot that the car was covered is bodyshop dust. I did put the yellow tape down with sharpie squiggles to help in tracking. It turned out pretty decent for a 30 min scan. Admittedly I am still learning what works and what doesn't.

My computer is putting in work too! I will need to upgrade my home PC soon I think.
Old 10-24-2022, 02:18 PM   #365
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
whoa! the new house is sweet!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:25 AM   #366
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
whoa! the new house is sweet!!!
Its definitely unique for the area. we love it.

Mini update. all the FRP panels are fitted (save for the canards) and the car is on the ground.

Anyways here is some pictures of my Panda car.

Its the little things like making the gas door flush which take the longest.

The Gramlite 57Pros have found a new home, I never really liked how they looked on the car and didnt fit the new track aesthetic.

A new set is on the way and then I can start dialing in the ride height and fitment.

-Jordie
Old 10-31-2022, 06:36 PM   #367
Kylerkickass240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Kylerkickass240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What's the process like for making the gas door flush with overs? I don't know if I've ever seen it done irl before but I always thought "man it would look so much better if it was".

This is an awesome thread to follow btw, thanks for documenting the build!
Old 11-01-2022, 07:41 AM   #368
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylerkickass240 View Post
What's the process like for making the gas door flush with overs? I don't know if I've ever seen it done irl before but I always thought "man it would look so much better if it was".

This is an awesome thread to follow btw, thanks for documenting the build!
Thanks, Its fun to share.

So the opening in the overfender was too small for the gas door to even fit. So it was sectioned to allow it to open and then reinforced on the back side.

I 3d printed some temporary standoffs to get the right height. On final installation I will make a proper bracket.

-Jordie
Old 01-16-2023, 12:00 PM   #369
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

All blown apart again to have the Jams done.

Quick splash of colour.

and back together ready for sanding and paint

57Pros have been sold off. I never liked how they physically fit and I dont think they ever really went with the overall aesthetic I am going for.

Cant wait to see what it will look like all together.

-Jordie
Old 01-18-2023, 07:21 PM   #370
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is that Millennium Jade? This is going to be amazing!
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:13 PM   #371
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsupra View Post
Is that Millennium Jade? This is going to be amazing!
I wanted something a little more subtle. Should look great when it all comes together.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:41 AM   #372
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Rear overfenders have been mounted and primed. The Front fenders were not very straight out of the mold and needed more sanding and filling. Progress is slow because everything is being adjusted and modified to fit correctly. I have next weekend blocked out to have the car sanded and prepped. Fingers crossed.

Sneak peak of the new wheels on the back as well ​​​​​​​

Old 03-27-2023, 10:30 AM   #373
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Big update time. I've had the car out of my possession for over a year now waiting on body work and paint. This weekend we finally got some colour laid out on the car and it looks Fantastic.

First are all the components which are to be painted black. Bye Bye banana wing.

Everything else was set to be painted JW0 or Millennium Jade. I chose this colour because I wanted to stay within the factory Nissan offerings and it doesn't exactly scream boy racer (the GT wing and canards will do that haha) .

Pre clear

Some minor assembly

Now the main event.

I am so stoked on how this turned out. Now its time for reassembly and since the car is back home I can also get to fitting the brakes and other parts I have sitting in boxes.

Oh yea and finally drive it.
Old 03-27-2023, 05:01 PM   #374
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looking Spicy! Glad to see the progress. Color is great.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:25 AM   #375
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Thanks. I love it.

I got the wheels on the car finally. Advan GT in 18x9.5 +29. I was on the fence about the smoked corners but I think they tie in with the wheels and canards once they are on.

I still need to fabricate brackets for the canards and grille ect. but that should be easy enough. the car also needs an alignment and possibly some spacers to get the wheels fitting perfect.

The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow so it will finally be coming home then.

-Jordie
Old 04-03-2023, 02:23 PM   #376
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Dang that came out real nice!
Old 04-04-2023, 04:38 AM   #377
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks excellent!
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 06:28 AM   #378
austinth0rnt0n

austinth0rnt0n is an unknown quantity at this point
looks absolutely killer! millennium jade is always a win. keep up the awesome work!
austinth0rnt0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:26 AM   #379
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Ive been slowly plugging away at this thing.

My company sent me to Austria to shadow design for 3 weeks at our facility over there. It just happened to be 8 minutes drive from the Redbull Ring in the small town of Knittlefeld.

During the 3 weeks I was there they had Porsche cup, Ferrari Challenge and a GT Race. The highlight of the trip was seeing the LongTail blast around the track.

Back in Canada and just been enjoying the car. Short lived as it soon went on jackstands for some tinkering.

During my time in Austria, I had some parcels arrive from Jesse Streeter. I picked up this used Kakimoto Regu 06&R from Crooooooooooober for a steal. It ended out being just over $500 shipped. The rolled tip is a nice detail and the slight angle will look nice with the diffuser.

While on Jackstands, things have snowballed (as they usually do) I came across a deal on some 350z rear brembos and figured it was a good time to finally tackle the brake swap.

Everything is so large that its comical

The setup had included brackets for the rear calipers but I will use the ones I designed. They've been collecting dust for the past couple years so not as shiny anymore. More trimming of the back plate is obviously required but they fit perfectly.

This is how the spaceship currently sits. Just waiting on fasteners for the calipers which should hopefully be here tomorrow.

-Jordie
Old 05-31-2023, 08:12 PM   #380
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Exhaust looks sick and can't wait to see the BBK installed! Paint and body work came out fantastic!
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 05:20 AM   #381
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Time flies.

Ive spent much of the summer figuring out this brake package which supposed to be an easy swap.

First the spacing of the caliper to the rotor was 10mm off. Turns out it was designed for 300zx which has aluminum knuckles which are thicker. I turned up some spacers at work and quickly found the next issue.

The bracket hits the lower control arm before the steering stop. After much head scratching and searching through broken photobucket links ect. I was able to deduce that the 300zx and R32 balljoing position is different by 15mm.

So I chopped away until everything was happy. You can see the adapter templates on the floor which I created to rotate the caliper to clear.

The new superleggera lower arm was nowhere near strong enough to drive on so I ordered some 240sx lower arms from rockauto and got to work with the scanner.

I designed and 3d printed a jig to make sure the cut was the same on both the left and right arm and had laser cut patch panels made.

I ordered some R35 Brembo decals for the calipers to complete the look.

The brakes are incredible and are well worth the effort I had to put into them to make them work.

While the R32 has been down I managed to scratch the driving itch by doing a few autocross events in the Micra. I am hooked on it now and hope to make more events next summer.

Slow car fast is a lot of fun.

-Jordie
Old 10-17-2023, 11:47 AM   #382
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

So I managed to make it out in the R32 to the final round of autocross this year. It felt so good to be behind the wheel again.

Prior to the event , I pulled out the "tuned" ecu, Larger GTR injectors and resistor pack, and rewired in the stock Injectors and it ran flawlessly. The AFRs were spot on.

The car did reasonably well, that being said I am by no means an expert in autocross (but now I am hooked) It was a little too stiff for the course layout, A little fiddling with the dampers helped out a lot.

The brakes are incredible although i didn't really use them much as this was a faster course.

A couple of photos from the paddock. Unfortunately, the photographer who usually takes the action shots wasnt able to make this event.

nice variety of cars out there. and about 1500 miatas.

Old 11-22-2023, 03:28 PM   #383
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just stumbled across this thread and finished it after almost a decade away from Zilvia and I had to track down my old login just to comment. Incredible work on the car man, the custom, printed and fabbed parts just bring it to that next level. Color is perfect, aero is perfect, just looks great.
Old 11-30-2023, 06:24 AM   #384
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwzweston View Post
Just stumbled across this thread and finished it after almost a decade away from Zilvia and I had to track down my old login just to comment. Incredible work on the car man, the custom, printed and fabbed parts just bring it to that next level. Color is perfect, aero is perfect, just looks great.
Thanks for the kind words I am glad you enjoyed the read. Making little parts for the car if my favorite part of the build.

I've got a few things in the works over the winter. Really in the early stages of design ideation and playing with different profiles but here's a little teaser

Cheers,

Jordie
Old 12-04-2023, 10:26 AM   #385
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Thanks for the kind words I am glad you enjoyed the read. Making little parts for the car if my favorite part of the build.

I've got a few things in the works over the winter. Really in the early stages of design ideation and playing with different profiles but here's a little teaser

Cheers,

Jordie
This is looking sick so far ? excited to see the development. Would you ever be interested in printing ones to sell at some point? I may be interested depending on how the profile/fitment turns out