Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-10-2023, 10:56 AM   #61
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Did you ever figure out your a/c only blowing on the highest setting? I had that problem for YEARS before I replaced the blower motor resistor and solved the problem.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2023, 01:27 PM   #62
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaxKouki View Post
Did you ever figure out your a/c only blowing on the highest setting? I had that problem for YEARS before I replaced the blower motor resistor and solved the problem.
Yea, I had a loose connection to my blower motor from my prototype harness I made. Once I fixed that it has been working fine ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Goooood updates as always. I know I said it on IG, but the wideband in the OEM cluster is gangster as fuck.
Thanks man I appreciate it, I might have to bother you again about the spraying the boost gauge bezel black. Kind of struggling to remove it. Was thinking of getting some small towels and using two vice grips on it.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:49 PM   #63
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
When I used to read the build threads on here. I was always shocked when I would see people build such nice cars & then part them out. I never could understand why.

Now that I am older, I definitely see how that ending is a possibility. When my car was fully stripped out for the sound deadening. Seeing it all dissasembled made me really think about letting this car go. I literally could of just pulled the engine and dropped the subframe and just called it quits.I hate giving up but man I was like it would be sweet to just get something new & reliable like the GR86 or maybe upgrade to another chassis.

However I talked myself out of it. I realized I spent way too many hours to not see the fully finished product. I decided to install my steering column & hvac back in the car and once I did that my motivation sky rocketed.

After that I took on the challenge of changing out the door pin bushings. I thank god I did not wait after paint to do this because this goes into top 5 list of worst things to do on this car for me. I almost lost my hearing trying to remove these pins. They were so rusted out that some of the pins could not even come out.

Next step was to disassemble the door handles and and refresh the door lock cylinder. This made a huge difference as the unlocking the door is so smooth. It feels like butter, I had no idea this was how it was suppose to feel.

Once all that was done I then took my car to paint & waited FOREVER to get it back. They lost my washer nozzles which I said was fine because I would buy some new ones. Had no idea they cost $70 dollars new. Sheesh, I'll get them eventually but my god that is expensive for something I will very rarely use. Here are the results with the car put back together (almost).

Now to the untrained eye this car probably looks perfect in these photos but all in all Its a decent paint job. Really the paint is great, its more so my ignorance. Now that I know how to do body work properly I would of done this totally different. I would of had a bigger space and I would still be working on the car. I see minor dings everywhere that I would of taking care of if I knew how to prep properly but it's a learning expereince and I'm glad I was able to take something out of this as when I get my next project which I am set on getting in the next 3 years. That will be my perfectionist build.

What are the next plans for the car? Basic stuff really. Finishing the A/C install and upgrading the turbo to a RB25 turbo. If I have time I may make a guide for the 180sx keyless entry. I have to test it out but I am almost 100% positive I found out a specific car key radio reciever will work with the 180sx and R34 GTR keyfob. I feel this would be a nice touch to the car and make it very close to a 180sx clone.

I also forgot to mention that I made a wiring schematic for using the 2001 maxima mirror controller. Its on my drive as well. Looks much better than the S13 or S14 ones imo.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:42 AM   #64
hiimelvin

Trader Rating: (3)
hiimelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks amazing! Keyless using the stock remote would be great if you could share when done. Also, if you're looking to replace your washer jets, just use the Ford units (PN: 8L8Z-17603-AA). They fit fine and spray a fan pattern, not the single jets.
hiimelvin is online now   Reply With Quote