Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #91
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
PBM bushings
you just gotta make sure the rack is clean then put some locktite on the contact surface where the bushings meet the rack, let it cure for a reasonable amount of time, and torque it down real good. i've had them on my coupe for 6 years with no issues
Old 11-21-2019, 11:49 AM   #92
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Wow, I've never been in this thread for some reason. Great looking car man, looking forward to more!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #93
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Wow, I've never been in this thread for some reason. Great looking car man, looking forward to more!
Thank you!
Old 11-22-2019, 07:53 AM   #94
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Thank you!
With the slight compression bump of the NA pistons you really should just jump up to a T28 for your NA-T setup. Should spool just as quick as a t25 det but have the extra breathing room up top.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #95
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
With the slight compression bump of the NA pistons you really should just jump up to a T28 for your NA-T setup. Should spool just as quick as a t25 det but have the extra breathing room up top.
Yeah, I have been looking into that.
I picked up a t25 and a manifold super cheap and figured I would start there but I had intended to run e85 (its abundant down here) and even at low boost levels the t28 might be a better option. I may look into doing a EWG (not that I would really need it with the NA internals and the mechanical limitations) on the stock manifold and run a turbo that I can possibly still use in the future when I slap some forged internals in it.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #96
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Yeah, I have been looking into that.
I picked up a t25 and a manifold super cheap and figured I would start there but I had intended to run e85 (its abundant down here) and even at low boost levels the t28 might be a better option. I may look into doing a EWG (not that I would really need it with the NA internals and the mechanical limitations) on the stock manifold and run a turbo that I can possibly still use in the future when I slap some forged internals in it.
Honestly the T25 is just a waste of time if you ever plan to upgrade. It's too small, has terrible efficiency, and makes a shit ton of heat. Gen II GTX2860R is the last bolt on turbo you will ever need. No restrictive bolted on turbo inlets, no goofy outlets with adapters and tiny intercooler pipes, etc.

Also when you're tired of re-tightening manifold to turbo nuts all the time, you can just swap turbine housings and run a proper top mount manifold and never have to worry about leaks again. That's my

Old 11-22-2019, 10:41 AM   #97
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
+1 for skipping t25 and making the jump straight to t28
Old 11-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #98
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Hmm. I did chop off the steering stop as well.
Were you out drifitng when you destroyed the rack?
From reading different stories about these, The lateral force from driving the car and steering it side to side shouldnt be enough to bend the rack. The bending should be from either a dirt drop or hitting something that would load the tierod inward toward the rack and effectively bend it because of the displaced load path to the rack.

That was my determination for running them, but I'd love to hear what happened to your rack. I may just grab some eccentric bushings and try that out.
It was during a slight dirt drop while drifting. Split the rack like a banana peel. Albeit less dramatic. The drop wasn't violent, but if I have a part on my car that is going to hold me back from pushing myself due to fear that it will have collateral damage in case of a small mistake, I'm going to avoid using it.

Also glad I brought up the eccentric bushings. Never heard of anything adverse happening with those, but I will definitely take note during this winter off season rebuild. Is Loctite really a good solution for flat clamped surfaces?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #99
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
It was during a slight dirt drop while drifting. Split the rack like a banana peel. Albeit less dramatic. The drop wasn't violent, but if I have a part on my car that is going to hold me back from pushing myself due to fear that it will have collateral damage in case of a small mistake, I'm going to avoid using it.

Also glad I brought up the eccentric bushings. Never heard of anything adverse happening with those, but I will definitely take note during this winter off season rebuild. Is Loctite really a good solution for flat clamped surfaces?
Agreed. I have an event scheduled for the end of next month. Going to try to shakedown the car before then and if I suspect/see any issues with the rack spacers, I'll pull them.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:08 PM   #100
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Gen II GTX2860R is the last bolt on turbo you will ever need. No restrictive bolted on turbo inlets, no goofy outlets with adapters and tiny intercooler pipes, etc.
Man I wish they would just offer a T2/5-Bolt turbine housing for the G25-550. Sure it would restrict the power potential, but for people wanting 3-400hp with newer turbo tech it would be perfect.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #101
maces13
Leaky Injector

maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Look forward to some more updates. Car looks great man.
maces13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #102
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Had a private day at a local skidpad this past weekend. We gathered some of the best s chassis examples that FL has to offer. It was definitely awesome finally putting faces to the screen names that I've had the pleasure of exchanging words with. Great group of people and I can not wait to do it again!

Started the week prior to the event with a bit of a refresher. Got the diff apart to try and correct the ring and pinion situation. Mearsured the the backlash to be 30 thou, fsm calls for 4-6 thou LOL. I was able to finesse it down to 20 thou but I am weary that it was installed with the wrong side load washers along with the pinion height washer. So i stuffed some 145w in it prayed for the best.

Got some oem axles (remaned joints were clicking), and some EBC yellows for the rear. Mounted some tires and hit the road.

Went for a little testing session with @nightdrive.official. The car is basically driving itself at this point. The gktech front end feels amazing. No steering bind, no issues at all.

The car definitely needs more power though, even with the 4.6 R&P I find myself clutch kicking often. Going to try to squeeze a bit more power out of it with a header/exhaust setup and possibly a 50 shot of nitrous. Should be enough to hold me over until the turbo setup is complete.

I will update with more pictures from the event later, but here is one shot by @hb_s13.
Theres some more pictures and videos from the event on the @garage.emperor IG.
Thanks!

Old 08-04-2020, 09:54 PM   #103
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Damn, it's been a while.

Not a whole lot has changed with the car. Still slowly accumulating all of the turbo parts. So far we have gathered a s14 t28, a complete hot side, some defi's and other odds and ends. still missing a fmic, injectors, and a means of tuning.

As far as the car goes,

Tried on some strusse's my buddy has laying around, definitely going to try to grab some 3pc chrome wheels for this at some point.

Also grabbed some 17x9.5 RG1's.

Ended up grabbing some gktech adjustable flcas. So now the front end is completely gktech LOL. Also threw on some Fortune Auto 510's with 7/6k springs and HOLY SHIT THE DIFFERENCE IS INSANE. Car feels so much smoother now.

Had the chance to test it out at a private day at osw on the 25th of last month. Added some vinyl to the car, toe plated it and took it to the skid pad. Had a great time. Only issue i had with the car was a sticky pass rear caliper, just meant i had to drive without the ebrake. other than that, zero issues.
This thing is ready for some boost!

Unrelated to this car, I picked up a 95 slicktop SE s14 in wk0. Automatic, super clean interior. Got the AC working, cleaned the shit out of it, and slapped on some stance GR+ and a 17/18 set of XT7's. Been DD-ing it for a month or two now and its so good!

Old 08-05-2020, 08:03 AM   #104
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Scooped those fortunes from Sam in florida huh? nice guy.

What coils did you take out? I wanna ditch my BC's this winter.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:23 AM   #105
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Scooped those fortunes from Sam in florida huh? nice guy.

What coils did you take out? I wanna ditch my BC's this winter.
Yeah! super cool dude.
I had some old cxracing coils that I bought in 2015/6 LOL
Definitely a huge upgrade. I had some BC super lows on a dc5 for a bit and I was not fond of the ride at all. With preload and without, it was very rough.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:17 AM   #106
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I love this car a lot. The RG's are a great improvement.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #107
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
I love this car a lot. The RG's are a great improvement.
Thanks! Always wanted some RG's, but the 3pc bug has caught me pretty bad
Old 08-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #108
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Car's looking good! I have Fortune 7k/5k on my S14 and it's not comfortable. I thought I was just too low but you're lower than me. IDK, maybe I'm just expecting too much but these were supposed to be "street spec" and my head hits the roof on bumps.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:12 PM   #109
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
^ something is wrong then with your coilovers setup.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #110
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Car's looking good! I have Fortune 7k/5k on my S14 and it's not comfortable. I thought I was just too low but you're lower than me. IDK, maybe I'm just expecting too much but these were supposed to be "street spec" and my head hits the roof on bumps.
Indeed, there has to be something wrong. Either the springs have too much preload or the dampers are not working properly. My car is super smooth on these coils. Did you purchase your coilovers new?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #111
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Indeed, there has to be something wrong. Either the springs have too much preload or the dampers are not working properly. My car is super smooth on these coils. Did you purchase your coilovers new?
I bought them second hand but NIB back 7-8 years ago. I initially thought I had too much preload so I backed them all off too barely any tension. They are Fortune 500 series, IDK if they need to be revalved to work with these springs or what. I also have adjustable arms with heim joints and subframe risers, so I guess it's pretty stiff there.

I'd really like to take it to a racing suspension shop and get it looked over by a pro, but that's a two hour drive and hundreds of dollars for a car I drive once every two months.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:42 AM   #112
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Those RG1's look so damn nice... Probably my favorite combo, so far.

Are they GTR offset (+14)?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #113
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Oh my, those RG's look insane!

Interested to see how the DE+T goes with an S14 SR, any particular power level you are shooting for once you get all of the parts together?
Old 04-06-2022, 04:48 AM   #114
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Bumping this up Mark
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:30 AM   #115
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Mark's car has come a long way since his last update. He's been scheming and making moves in the shadows lol.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:07 AM   #116
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

:INSERT SWEATING GIF HERE:

Man, alot has changed since Zilvia has been down LOL.
I will try to find some time soon to host pics and update this thread.
Let's just say, we are closer to a turbo setup and the car doesnt look anything like it used to. Zenki is now fairly stock and very joyful to drive. Cheers!
Old 07-03-2022, 05:26 AM   #117
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need. Updates.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:08 PM   #118
HonduhDave

HonduhDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, it's been a while since I've been on a forum reading a build thread but I'm glad I got back on Zilvia and came across this. Love seeing your progress, it's motivating to me as I have been pushing to get my S13 on the road this year. Impressed w/ all the 3D printed parts you've managed to think up during the build process. Not sure I've seen a wheel choice that I didn't like so far and you're 100% correct about TEs being a forever wheel. Definitely on my list as well. Look forward to seeing what yours is looking like 2 years on from last photos!
HonduhDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 01:04 PM   #119
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Yo Krusty, update this thing!