Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-16-2023, 08:25 PM   #121
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wish, they don't even know I exist lol.
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2023, 07:58 AM   #122
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Haha! Well I got the r154 out and mocking up the cast bellhousing/checking the runout. waiting on some offset bellhousing dowels before I can proceed further

Old 04-24-2023, 11:36 AM   #123
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Cool stuff happening in here.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:37 PM   #124
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Thanks! I know I keep saying I'm done with the car but I'm obviously not

Goodies. sorry for photobomb

got the bellhousing indexed to .003

this was honestly the most uneventful trans install ever, super happy.

shifter placement is honestly perfect

had to remake the section between the downpipe and resonator to clear the trans mount

just tacked together for now, but worked out great. Don't judge me for re-using some of the old piping.

All I really have left is to wire the bluetooth trans harness and set up my speedo using phone GPS for accuracy. I dropped my fan shroud to get powder coated wrinkle black while I have everything apart too. I think it will look a little better than just raw aluminum.
Old 04-26-2023, 06:49 AM   #125
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Have you thought about using Dakota Digital boxes to convert the signal to the factory cluster? Or is that what your using?
Old 04-26-2023, 08:22 AM   #126
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

So I actually have a dakota digital box already, worked great with the r154. This bluetooth harness is used to trick the reverse lockout solenoid where it would normally get a CAN signal but also I can intercept and change the signal to the cluster via the app vs. having someone in the passenger floorboard turning the screw on the DD while I drive
Old 04-26-2023, 03:00 PM   #127
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

I'm 99% done, just waiting on the powder coat on the fan shroud... Trans is all wired, exhaust finished, interior put back together. Ready to drive it.

Old 05-01-2023, 11:06 AM   #128
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It's so great that you kept the wood panel interior, I had an opportunity years ago to trade for it and kick myself for not doing it.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 09:26 AM   #129
240dreaming

Trader Rating: (0)
240dreaming is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What AC condenser did you use? and where did you get the fittings for the evap? since the one is so huge
240dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 07:55 PM   #130
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaxKouki View Post
It's so great that you kept the wood panel interior, I had an opportunity years ago to trade for it and kick myself for not doing it.
I love it! Did you have the USDM "wood" where it was a sticker or the euro market hydro dip one? Mine is actually dipped I did it forever ago.
Old 05-16-2023, 07:57 PM   #131
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240dreaming View Post
What AC condenser did you use? and where did you get the fittings for the evap? since the one is so huge
It's a 23x13 universal one with integrated drier. I'm not sure if there's a specific application. The firewall fittings I cut just after the compression nut fittings and left a bit of straight tube there and welded reduced barrier crimpable hose fittings. Part number RB6601 adn RB6603 from Cold Hose. All the hoses were done with goodyear reduced barrier to help with routing.
Old 08-16-2023, 07:02 AM   #132
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Totally sweet. I'm really into that color. JZ swap is cool. I have open dp right now but would like to have a full exhaust like yours. My floor and dash and console get SO warm that I can't even store my phone or anything I don't want melted in any of the cubby holes.

The 'lectric ps is cool and something I thought about doing but I'm pretty comfortable with no ps atm. If I had more room and time alone I would def love to get into the level of fabbing that you do. Is that your industry/career or is welding/fab just a hobby?

Cheers from Tampa Bay =D
Old 08-22-2023, 11:41 AM   #133
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Totally sweet. I'm really into that color. JZ swap is cool. I have open dp right now but would like to have a full exhaust like yours. My floor and dash and console get SO warm that I can't even store my phone or anything I don't want melted in any of the cubby holes.

The 'lectric ps is cool and something I thought about doing but I'm pretty comfortable with no ps atm. If I had more room and time alone I would def love to get into the level of fabbing that you do. Is that your industry/career or is welding/fab just a hobby?

Cheers from Tampa Bay =D
Hey thanks!
JZ's definitely need a full exhaust or they sound like ass! Haha. Get you something going, definitely 3.5 or 4" all the way out the back. There was a company doing full EPS kits for these cars but I don't remember the name, it was like $1500+. This is really just a hobby for me but I do some of it on the side here and there. I am building a car from scratch right now with an aluminum body and it has been a true test of my fab skills!

I forgot to post about another little mod I did. I switched up to cwest clear front turn signals (OEM style just clear) and decided to do some fog light deletes also with clear lenses that lit up too. I made some silicone molds and cast new replica lenses from OEM amber just in clear. If anyone is interested in these just let me know, I have several and can make more. Same with the OEM style clear lens for the third brake light.

also did the fan shroud in wrinkle black. I think it looks a lot nicer than the raw aluminum

Old 08-25-2023, 10:29 AM   #134
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
What an amazing build, thanks for sharing with us. Love the EPS system, so fricken cool
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:40 PM   #135
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
Christ this thing is beautiful. Good work.
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote