Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
home theater guru's???

alright, i kinda searched on the web, but didn't find anything really... i'm looking to take my rear surround speakers and make them wireless so i dont have to go through the bs of running wires through the wall again(moving to a bigger place)

anyone know where to look for systems?... i have a spendy setup and dont want to buy new shit... just looking to find the adapters to convert the 2 rear speakers to wireless

thanks
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
I'm not a home theater guru and I don't know of any wireless adapters. But I get a free subscription to home theater mags and read it when I'm *cough* umm doing #2 haha

Anyways, I've seen speaker systems that are wirelessly prebuilt but haven't seen a wireless adapter yet. You're planning on going wireless adapter -> poweramp -> speaker right? Or can they wirelessly send amplified signals now?

The only thing I can think of is using these flat copper adhesive wires. You stick em on your wall, put plaster over it, sand it and it's hidden.
http://www.audaud.com/audaud/MAY02/E...uip3MAY02.html

Pricey though..
Xandy Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
well i just dont want to go through the hassel of running the wire through the walls again...

best buy has a system for 99 bucks, but idk how well it works, and i'm 3 hours away from the nearest best buy...dont feel like ordering until i know that it works perfectly
Old 12-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IF you want some Gurus

www.hometheaterforum.com
Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
IF you want some Gurus

www.hometheaterforum.com
that, or just ask me.

i walked into my metrosexual friend's apartment the other day and noticed he purchased a "new home theater system." I guess thats what they call AM/FM alarm clocks w/ 5+ speakers.

Sony? Sony.

Wait a sec.... WIRELESS rear speakers? Yep.

Nice shit, really amazing technology. Something about "if you walk in front of the IR-signal and stand there, the rear speakers stop working"

Wow, thats a really cool feature, Sony!

I've made posts about this before in the past. Personally, I recommend staying away from gay/feminine/metrosexual stereos. The definition of such is a stereo that is small, cute looking, doesnt take up much floor space: tall and thin (as in anorexic, like most women *would* look if there werent real men in this world to appreciate thick asses).

Anyway, jokes aside... to me, a stereo should always be large and heavy, clunky.. that is, if you want good sound. If you dont want good sound, then buy a small alarm-clock of a system.

I listen to a lot of music, my speakers alone are probably about $2000 and stand as tall as I do. There is an amplifier for each speaker, including the subwoofer which is a 15" model... also amplified by its own monoblock subwoofer. A pre-amp controls the entire setup.

Not to go on a tangent, but if you want good sound.. wire up your speakers. If you want girlie sound, go wireless.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
WIKID S4TEEN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her selfWIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey 20 til 3, I work for a company that is semi-related to home theater.
I don't know the answer to your question, but i know where to find it.
The BEST PRO AV forum....http://www.remotecentral.com/
GL
Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

lol wtf at the 4th post haha

its not for music..., i am a hardcore movie fan i guess... but i have exactly what i want right now(ps3 blu ray) 50" samsung flat panel, infinty surround sound(idk the model, was roughly $1600) but if the sound quality is going to go down.. or if there is any lag time with wireless... i dont want to touch it.. i just wanted wireless so i didnt have to run wires through the walls again... but i might luck out because i'll be redoing of of the rooms by the living room... and i might be able to just run the wires before i put up drywall

thanks for the imput
Old 12-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seems wireless isn't the way to go.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=205103

And I agree with ixfxi, stay away from the micro sized crap. And most importantly stay away from anything Bose. Its GARBAGE. Bose is the equivalent of Sportmax/Rota in the audio world.

http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/PICS/stereo/bosefaq.htm
Old 12-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #9
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
Trader Rating: (1)
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yea my friend does home theater setups for high rollers, i use to help him out, but i have no interest in it.

anyways, i asked him the same question a while back because if i were to set one up for myself, i'd hate to run the wires (think its tacky if you go the lazy route). he told me theres no quality wireless speakers. only way is to run wires, that or you can settle for those simulated surround sound units that you put up front; those are at best decent.

all this info tho is from a while back when i use to help him out (6months-a year ago). this might have changed since then.

but yea, bose suzucks; bose no lows
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey guys, Mike, know if this is any good?

http://www.projectorpeople.com/panas...0u/default.asp
Old 12-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensreliableb18b View Post
all this info tho is from a while back when i use to help him out (6months-a year ago). this might have changed since then.
haha. no, audio technology doesnt get "dated".. atleast not that soon.

honestly, i believe that audio technology hasnt changed much at all. thats why i have 1970s amplifiers, they were built tough back then. shit nowadays sucks big cock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
And I agree with ixfxi, stay away from the micro sized crap. And most importantly stay away from anything Bose. Its GARBAGE. Bose is the equivalent of Sportmax/Rota in the audio world.
http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/PICS/stereo/bosefaq.htm
haha WORSE. i ripped the cd-player and built-in BOSE amp and left a bigass hole in the wife's miata center console. i stuffed 3 gauges there, and a storage box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Hey guys, Mike, know if this is any good?
http://www.projectorpeople.com/panas...0u/default.asp
no clue
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote