Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #1
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Computer help

Hey I know this isn't the best place to put it but its the only forum I go to...
Anyways my trouble is that I got some sort of Virus... I got AVG free and the virus thing doesn't let it open so theres no way to get rid of it. It got all my passwords and stuff. I know because I went to log into my myspace and the password was set to crazy numbers and letters like: 2khj231jk3jk2kj and stuff. I dont have a system restore because the virus shut it off... My CD drive doesn't work so I can't restart the whole thing no CD anyways. I'm scared I canceled all my cards and paypal and stuff. What can I do to save my PC and all my other personal stuff?

Is there anything I can do? I obviously cant take to a repair man because no money, my economic status is horrible.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
beat that shit like the fax machine on office space and buy a mac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrs5S5gOgAU
MisawaJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
do you have a win cd?

try a install repair
as soon as that works, than id go thru uninstalling some of the software you use and reinstalling.. at least you can keep your documents, but sometimes spyware will simply install something stupid and it will be listed in your software list.

than try avg scan, get some spyware scanners etc
Old 02-12-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
neverrain
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
neverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ZlowZ View Post
My CD drive doesn't work so I can't restart the whole thing no CD anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
do you have a win cd?
Reading comprehension for the win.

Take it to Best Buy and have Geek Squad format it. Or replace the hard drive. Whichever is cheaper.

neverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #5
Pank
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what? replace the hard drive??
He doesn't need to replace it, he just needs to format it.
If he has a floppy drive, he can get a boot disk and do just that. If you dont know what that is or how to use one, you shouldn't be using a windows machine.

basically, you're boned. You can try to move some of your files to a flash drive and scan those on another machine, or you can just suck it up and format that drive

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute
Is there a free Virus removal I can use. I tried google and downloaded some and they scan but they don't remove until I pay. I have 932 infections. So much for AVG. I can't really afford much of anything at this point in time. I want something to stop all the things because I have a bank account online and they could steal what money I have left or overdraft. Help please.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:15 AM   #7
neverrain
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
neverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank View Post
what? replace the hard drive??
He doesn't need to replace it, he just needs to format it.
I only said new hard drive because if he has to pay someone to format it, it will probably be cheaper.

You can always boot into DOS and format it like that too.

neverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:59 AM   #8
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
no cd drive huh well than man your fawked..

Try booting into safe mode *i think its f5 or f8 i dont remember*
and doing a virus scan there.

if you had a working cd drive and a win xp boot disc it would be easy.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:18 AM   #9
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

I can't open AVG thats the problem or else I'd do a virus scan. Is there anything I can do to open AVG? Like forcibly open it to run a scan. If I take screen shots of stuff can you guys help me to see what could be causing it to not open?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:34 AM   #10
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

Heres some screenshots that might help some to people that know.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #11
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
¹²³Klan™ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
are you sure its a virus?

give me a run down on what the virus is doing exactly.

also your system idle is high as fuck is it always at around 80s - 90s?
or was it just because you had some things loading up

if its anything, it would be minor so just :

1) Download spyware doctor
Spyware Doctor - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

2) Update it

3) Dont register since you dont need too

4) find the name for me

5) I will show you how to remove it through pm.

btw,

if you ever download something you are unsure of, scan it with this.
Online malware scan

can catch basically any little virus easy.
I use to make trojans for fun and just upload it to see if it was detectable
and AVG never had a shot.

A simple encrypt and avg sucks
just because you have a anti virus doesn't mean your going to stop anything.

not all anti virus were created equal!

Last edited by ¹²³Klan™; 02-12-2009 at 06:45 AM..
¹²³Klan™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #12
noodl35
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
noodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to noodl35
go download malware bytes and delete that shiz
noodl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:02 AM   #13
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
If your myspace password was cracked it could be a keylogger. I have no idea what sites you visit, but those were floating all over the WOW forums and places like that.

Best thing to do is just reinstall windows.

Borrow a CD drive and winxp cd from a friend, or torrent a cracked copy until you can afford to buy a new copy of windows.

Another option is to copy a friends windows CD (or a win xp torrent) onto a usb drive and install from there
(Install Windows Vista from Bootable USB Flash Memory Drive ) directions are for vista, but it should be basically the same im sure.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 AM   #14
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
If your myspace password was cracked it could be a keylogger. I have no idea what sites you visit, but those were floating all over the WOW forums and places like that.

Best thing to do is just reinstall windows.

Borrow a CD drive and winxp cd from a friend, or torrent a cracked copy until you can afford to buy a new copy of windows.

Another option is to copy a friends windows CD (or a win xp torrent) onto a usb drive and install from there
(Install Windows Vista from Bootable USB Flash Memory Drive ) directions are for vista, but it should be basically the same im sure.

you dont have to RE INSTALL for a fucking keylogger
hes running XP btw.

what a waste of time.

I use to keylog wow accounts and then sell them on ebay.
easy to remove.

just pm me OP and I will get it out for you

no problemo!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #15
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ¹²³Klan™ View Post
you dont have to RE INSTALL for a fucking keylogger

what a waste of time.

I use to keylog wow accounts and then sell them on ebay.
easy to remove.

just pm me OP and I will get it out for you no problemo.
Reinstalling is the fastest way to get rid of anything. Chances are if he has a keylogger he has a bunch of other shit on his computer too.

OP don't listen to this kid. Just reinstall and call it a day.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:12 AM   #16
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

hahahha re install?
what a fucking waste of EVERYTHING

dumbest shit I have ever heard.

your a dumb ass.

a keylogger takes 3 minutes to find and remove

if it was some type of backdoor then o yea bro then maybe, but wtf a keylogger is a fucking simple trojan that does nothing to harm your computer.

None of the symptons he described even come close to being a keylogger!
he cancelled his shit just INCASE.

if you want me to help you, I dont mind.
if you want to listen to these retards who know nothing about computars and say to reformat/re install then do it, it will just waste your time.

Grendel

buy a shotgun with ammo, wait the approval period, get the gun, go to your car, aim the gun toward your head, pull the trigger.

The world would be better without you.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:16 AM   #17
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
hahahha re install?
what a fucking waste of EVERYTHING

dumbest shit I have ever heard.

your a dumb ass.

a keylogger takes 3 minutes to find and remove

Grendel

buy a shotgun with ammo, wait the approval period, get the gun, go to your car, aim the gun toward your head, pull the trigger.

The world would be better without you.

Haha looks like I struck a nerve.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #18
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

Im trying to help the OP, because O hey I program in C++, java, html but naw I know nothing.

and some random ass guy tells the OP (who obviously needs to use his computer) something thats misleading and a complete fail of a answer.

He COULD reinstall/reformat and get rid of it.

Im showing him how to do it without wasting time.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #19
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Im trying to help the OP, because O hey I program in C++, java, html but naw I know nothing.

and some random ass guy tells the OP (who obviously needs to use his computer) something thats misleading and a complete fail of a answer.

He COULD reinstall/reformat and get rid of it.

Im showing him how to do it without wasting time.

Judging by your other posts I doubt you know how to do more than power on a computer.

Even though this is a blast, I'm going to stop arguing with you so this guys thread doesn't get locked.

Anyways OP, you can take advice from this scumbag that admits to jacking peoples stuff. Or you can take 45 minutes to reinstall windows and have a fresh slate. Your call.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #20
eazye2000
Leaky Injector

eazye2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to eazye2000 Send a message via MSN to eazye2000
Get on AIM and add me. EazyE4You.
I will send you the program that the military gives us to keep our home computers clean since work is brought home sometimes. Best thing, is it never expires and always updates automatically.
eazye2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #21
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

If I get on MSN or AIM it starts spamming the hell out of everything and somehow gets new people on my buddy list I dont even know. I Pmed ¹²³Klan™ since everything else suggested I can't do to limited resources.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #22
emersonLP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
emersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to emersonLP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye2000 View Post
Get on AIM and add me. EazyE4You.
I will send you the program that the military gives us to keep our home computers clean since work is brought home sometimes. Best thing, is it never expires and always updates automatically.
Don't listen to him! Its a trap, hes the one who is stealing your personal information!

Me- "what the f*ck did we do to my boost controller" Brandon-"I dunno?"
emersonLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #23
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

Hey ¹²³Klan™ I haven't recieved PM back but, I installed the spyware thing and it wont open I mean it does everytime for like less than a second and it closes... I don't know what to do, I'm trippin I don't want my identity stolen.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #24
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
EDT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
OP, I'm a network admin. I see this type of stuff all the time. Send me a PM w/ a # I can call you at.
EDT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #25
LeftNutOfGowd
Post Whore!

LeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LeftNutOfGowd
see what happens for downloading that porn...Why is your window firewall turned off did the "VIRUS" do that

LeftNutOfGowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #26
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

if it keeps blocking

download this: http://www.download.com/3001-8022_4-...e15e0c6e741670

its called hi jack this

run it and copy/paste the results in this thread.

also

start > run > msconfig > open the start up tab > take a screen shot of the list and post on this thread
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #27
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
EDT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
For the record, he did not get a "aim virus". This has attacked his registry and will not allow him to run any programs, get into safe-mode. The "folder options" option under windows explorer is missing so it will not allow him to search for any hidden folders. I explained to him the best thing to do at this point would be to take his documents, move them, scan them and rebuild before putting them back on. He doesn't have a working CD-drive nor the XP CD. If anyone is near his area I'm sure he would appreciate the help if someone could go by and take a look. To the OP, goodluck and keep me posted.
EDT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #28
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Try using Avast Home Edition and do a BOOT scan, Works like a charm, Keep it updated, PLUS its free, If that doesn't work and if you think you found the virus, but cannot delete it, use UNLOCKER, find it on google. Find avast through GOOGLE pm me if you still need help
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #29
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

^^^ avast / boot scan might work.

if not

run safe mode

use hi jack this and send me the log

^ hi jack this shows me all your registery, I can try and locate what doesnt belong and you can delete and maybe it will allow you to run a AV/SD
Old 02-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #30
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT007 View Post
For the record, he did not get a "aim virus". This has attacked his registry and will not allow him to run any programs, get into safe-mode. The "folder options" option under windows explorer is missing so it will not allow him to search for any hidden folders. I explained to him the best thing to do at this point would be to take his documents, move them, scan them and rebuild before putting them back on. He doesn't have a working CD-drive nor the XP CD. If anyone is near his area I'm sure he would appreciate the help if someone could go by and take a look. To the OP, goodluck and keep me posted.

this happened to a friend of mine before.

do

start > run

type regedit

enter

Go to Hkey_current_user--> Software --> microsoft --> windows -->
CurrentVersion--> Policies --> Explorer

To the right of the screen, you will see alot of registey names.

Right click on NofolderOptions and click Modify Option

screen pops up type 0 and hit enter, reboot and walah

since you can't run a program

go to http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/index/

its a BROWSER SCANNER =)

if the virus is found and removed

back up all your FILES

then

go to http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html