Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #4201
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Nagisa/nams are what I have, they are pretty low. Buddy club don't go low at all, even though they say super low rails.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #4202
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
Whats the lowest rails I can get for this thing? (I know I can prolly find if I search lol)
we had bride talk like 2 pages ago
Old 01-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #4203
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Brideeeeeeee ffff ggggg
qwerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #4204
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxdriftin View Post
Nagisa/nams are what I have, they are pretty low. Buddy club don't go low at all, even though they say super low rails.
Thanks, thats exactally what I was thinking. Just wanted someone whose owned them to chime in.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #4205
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i kno you guys kno what your talkin about with the nrg hub,.....but ive never had any problems, noises, alignment issues, ext.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #4206
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
I had Nagisa's in my last 240 with jimmy up buckets, sat lowwwww!
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #4207
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
i made a thread about it i think
some people said they had the same problems, others didnt, iirc

could be hit or miss, i dont know, but i've also never seen much negative feedback from nrg to be honest
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #4208
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
Thanks, thats exactally what I was thinking. Just wanted someone whose owned them to chime in.
i'm currently using the nagisa's and they are ultra low. buddy clubs are as useful as a fanny pack full of dick. horrible product and shit design. nagisa are as low if not lower then bride fg's. BUT in addition to being slightly cheaper, they also have the ability to work with wider seats. from what i've heard fg's don't work all that well with wider buckets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
could be hit or miss, i dont know, but i've also never seen much negative feedback from nrg to be honest
i've only had nrg hubs and never really had an issue. good product for a great price. only thing was the safety nipple (the thing you press in conjunction with pulling the ring back to release from hub) got stuck in. wasn't really a bad thing cause it was easier to remove the wheel at that point. so take that for what it's worth. i contemplated pulling the trigger on their carbon fiber seats but decided against it.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #4209
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
i'm currently using the nagisa's and they are ultra low. buddy clubs are as useful as a fanny pack full of dick. horrible product and shit design. nagisa are as low if not lower then bride fg's. BUT in addition to being slightly cheaper, they also have the ability to work with wider seats. from what i've heard fg's don't work all that well with wider buckets.
Thanks, good to know. Looks like I'll be picking up a Nagisa rail soon.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #4210
andrew600
ill tongue punch her fart box

Trader Rating: (12)
andrew600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
nothing special. but i like it.
andrew600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #4211
89JDM240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
89JDM240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
^ got that too
heres a close up shot of it...lol
This is a nice cage!!
89JDM240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #4212
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Is there such a thing that replaces the entire stereo head unit with just a USB or headphone jack port?

I barely ever listen to music in my car, and when I do I plug a phone or mp3 player into the headunit. Thus, other than serving as a 'middle man,' the head unit is useless and I would like to eliminate it if possible.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #4213
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Is there such a thing that replaces the entire stereo head unit with just a USB or headphone jack input?

I barely ever listen to music in my car, and when I do I plug a phone or mp3 player into the headunit. Thus, other than serving as a 'middle man,' the head unit is useless and I would like to eliminate it if possible.
You would at the very least need an amplifier that runs all of the speakers in the car. You could then just run an 1/8" to RCA that plugs into the amplifier. Depending on the device you may need a preamp, but probably not. Without the preamp you would obviously use the volume control on the device. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #4214
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
That's actually useful info, because I was wondering the same thing. I'd have more space for other things, and my phone can work as a radio as well, so I have no need for an actual headunit...
Old 01-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #4215
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
You would at the very least need an amplifier that runs all of the speakers in the car. You could then just run an 1/8" to RCA that plugs into the amplifier. Depending on the device you may need a preamp, but probably not. Without the preamp you would obviously use the volume control on the device. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Makes sense. Did not know the head unit also acted as an amp, I assumed the speakers had their own separate power source.

Without the preamp, could the volume not be adjusted directly on the phone/mp3 player, or is that just not strong enough? What if the amplifier has a volume knob on it?

However, I just looked up amplifiers and most seem to be as big as a head unit, if not bigger. So unless there is a 'mini' amplifier with USB or 1/8" input and RCA output, it would be pointless to do. I was hoping to just put it in place of the cigarette lighter.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #4216
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Makes sense. Did not know the head unit also acted as an amp, I assumed the speakers had their own separate power source.

Without the preamp, could the volume not be adjusted directly on the phone/mp3 player, or is that just not strong enough? What if the amplifier has a volume knob on it?

However, I just looked up amplifiers and most seem to be as big as a head unit, if not bigger. So unless there is a 'mini' amplifier with USB or 1/8" input and RCA output, it would be pointless to do. I was hoping to just put it in place of the cigarette lighter.
The amplifier will have RCA inputs and speaker outputs. So like I said, you would need an 1/8" to RCA cable from your headphone jack on your device, to the RCA inputs on the amplifier. The amplifier has a gain control, but that is used to match the preamp voltage out of a headunit(or in your case a device) to the input stage of the amplifier. You would only need a preamp if your device did not have enough preamp voltage out even with the amplifier gain turned all of the way up.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #4217
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
so im thinking a four channel amp would do the trick
Old 01-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #4218
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

Bolt the amp down in the trunk, run a female 1/8" input to male RCA output from the amp to where the cigarette lighter would be. Place the female in there so it stays. Then use a male to male 1/8" cable to connect your iPod or phone into the actual plug you just made on your center console.

This stuff makes sense in my head, not sure if it does typed out.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #4219
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat240 View Post
so im thinking a four channel amp would do the trick
Sure, or you could save yourself some money by buying a 2-channel... you won't have fade capability anyway.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #4220
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
i can't post in the review section
a guy left me negative feed back on some interior pieces that i was selling and called me scammer

but this guy never made any attempt to to contact me and he stated that he paid and i didn't ship it out
what kinda stuff is that?
qwerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #4221
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerth View Post
i can't post in the review section
a guy left me negative feed back on some interior pieces that i was selling and called me scammer

but this guy never made any attempt to to contact me and he stated that he paid and i didn't ship it out
what kinda stuff is that?
PM a mod... not here.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #4222
Matej
Post Whore!

Would a motorcycle amplifier/stereo work in a car?
I only have the two front door speakers, so I do not require anything powerful.
Some of the motorcycle ones look tiny, and many seem to utilize USB and SD card ports, which is neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Bolt the amp down in the trunk, run a female 1/8" input to male RCA output from the amp to where the cigarette lighter would be. Place the female in there so it stays. Then use a male to male 1/8" cable to connect your iPod or phone into the actual plug you just made on your center console.

I really do not know much about car audio, I will need to look at the connectors first to see what is what. For example, until now I thought the RCA outputs went to the speakers.
The phone/mp3 player to amplifier connection is clear now. Now I need to understand the amplifier to speaker connection. The amplifier will also need a power source, correct?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #4223
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post

Correct, I sell these all of the time when I do AUX inputs in cars where the customer is not using an Apple device:

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #4224
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Would a motorcycle amplifier/stereo work well in a car?
I only have the two front door speakers, so I do not require anything powerful.
Some of the motorcycle ones look tiny, and many seem to utilize USB and SD card ports, which is neat.
I'm not really sure what you are talking about... I have never seen an amplifier with a USB or SD card input!?!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #4225
Matej
Post Whore!

Something like this. Except not a Chinese off-brand.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #4226
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Something like this. Except not a Chinese off-brand.
Yeah, I highly doubt you will find anything like that which isn't Chinese crap. I guarantee you that thing is a noisy hunk of dick.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #4227
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Why not use a single cable and retain a bit of audio quality?

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #4228
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah, I highly doubt you will find anything like that which isn't Chinese crap. I guarantee you that thing is a noisy hunk of dick.
Good to know.

Are there any specific amplifiers you would recommend?
I only have the two front door speakers, and I would prefer the amplifier to be as small as possible.

Would this a plug & play affair, or is custom wiring required?
I would be willing to purchase a complete plug & play kit.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 AM   #4229
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

This is what i was thinking.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #4230
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

This is what im currently rocking with my alpine deck and it rocks quite nicely.
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote