Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #31
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i like these... they visually look the same as PBM, but judging by the reviews, they sound like a much more street friendly version. So thats really cool.

Wouldn't mind trying these in hte future, but for now my PBM's will suffice
Old 10-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #32
Charsiu
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Charsiu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I gotta say Taiwan does make most of the decent budget coilovers around the market these days
Gotta love their bargain and performance.
Charsiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #33
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry@Fortune-Auto View Post
I think you meant ISO 9002

Fortune Auto Taiwan received there ISO certification several years ago. I honestly do not no much about ISO and if it is renewed or how it exactly works. I was told that to receive ISO certification every coilover must be dyno-ed. I will try and get in contact with the factory tomorrow and see if I can get some documentation.

Again nobody has ever asked for this in all the years that I have sold suspension and I am not very familiar with ISO so I will see what I can do.

Terry
oops, typo on my part... yeah, ISO 9002:1994 is what I meant
basically a set of guidelines that describe a company's quality management system
current version is ISO 9001:2008
it's funny to me that it's being used here as a feature to add value to a budget coilover is all

Last edited by ManoNegra; 10-14-2009 at 01:29 PM..
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #34
justinedible4
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
justinedible4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to justinedible4
Will these go low enough on a stock s13 with 17x9 +12 with 225/40 to be pretty flush without removing collars? Cuz idk how to do that or flip the bracket.
justinedible4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #35
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you don't know how to spin a collar off a thread?
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #36
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
The collars just twist off. You just unscrew the lower bracket and unscrew two of the collars, then twist the bracket back on and twist the two collars back on so you still have something to lock against the bracket. They are just below the bracket instead of on top of it.

You'll have to pick between a 215/45, 225/45, and 235/40 because finding a 225/40/17 will not be cost effective.

Either way, you should be able to go low enough without removing the collars with a 215/45 and 8k springs, the 9k springs are a little longer so you may have to remove the collars.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #37
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry@Fortune-Auto View Post
I think you meant ISO 9002

Fortune Auto Taiwan received there ISO certification several years ago. I honestly do not no much about ISO and if it is renewed or how it exactly works. I was told that to receive ISO certification every coilover must be dyno-ed. I will try and get in contact with the factory tomorrow and see if I can get some documentation.

Again nobody has ever asked for this in all the years that I have sold suspension and I am not very familiar with ISO so I will see what I can do.

Terry

I'd like to see a shock dyno please of these!

And do you have z32 rear lower mounts optional for those of us using the aluminum uprights from the tt?
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #38
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
They have shock dynos up on their site.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #39
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Yes, they have Z32 lower mounts. I just converted the rears on my car.

The shock dyno is at the bottom of the page:

Fortune Auto USA. Home of 50mm Performance Coilovers, Titanium Shift Knobs & Titanium Lug nuts - Fortune 500 series coilovers

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 12-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #40
justinedible4
Leaky Injector

justinedible4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to justinedible4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
you don't know how to spin a collar off a thread?
I have never owned coilovers before so I didnt know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
The collars just twist off. You just unscrew the lower bracket and unscrew two of the collars, then twist the bracket back on and twist the two collars back on so you still have something to lock against the bracket. They are just below the bracket instead of on top of it.

You'll have to pick between a 215/45, 225/45, and 235/40 because finding a 225/40/17 will not be cost effective.

Either way, you should be able to go low enough without removing the collars with a 215/45 and 8k springs, the 9k springs are a little longer so you may have to remove the collars.
Thanks man, that is the exact info I was looking for.
justinedible4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #41
Chris@Fortune-Auto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Chris@Fortune-Auto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chris@Fortune-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
I'd like to see a shock dyno please of these!

And do you have z32 rear lower mounts optional for those of us using the aluminum uprights from the tt?
We have Z32 lower mounts in stock for you guys running alum rear uprights. They can also be added to you coilover order for a small fee.

We are also s-chassis enthusiasts, so we keep you guys in mind with what we have on hand!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #42
SkyHighPsi
Leaky Injector

SkyHighPsi is an unknown quantity at this point
it says that fortune auto basically copied the technology of making coilovers from japan. So how would these be compared to the Japanese coilovers like Tein? They are similarly priced after all
SkyHighPsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #43
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
anymore reviews on these? I'm torn between these and stance GR+ Pros.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:56 AM   #44
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
I have these on my S13 and i absolutely love them. On the softest setting they're about one step up from lowering springs.
Its like the jump from stock suspension to lowering springs, you notice the 'stiffness' but its really not that bad. I have mine at about 5 clicks for daily, and it handles bumps really well.
I was going to go with stance, but for the $200 or so more you'd have to spend, i highly doubt they could be any better than these.
Well, in my opinion, id rather have the $200 in my pocket, since i dont think there could be much better coilovers for the money lol.
HIGHLY recommend these to others. I've ridden on D2's, Megans, and BC's, and i must say i like these the most.

If you're looking to go HELLA low, i MIGHT pass, as i had to flip the bracket as well as remove all collars to get to this height.

not toooo big of a deal. crossmember to ground is about 3 fingers i think? dont know how much lower you really want to go lol.
Zero-Offset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:39 AM   #45
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I daily on these as well, I think I have em 3 clicks up all around and they are slightly better than my old lowering spring combo.
I'm on 7k/6k springs and it's only slightly uncomfortable on the really whacky bumps or potholes, other than that it's fine.

At my current height, in the front I still have about 1cm left before I have to remove a collar, and the rear I can drop it down another 3 or 4 inches.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #46
idriveattz32
Zilvia Member

idriveattz32 will become famous soon enoughidriveattz32 will become famous soon enoughidriveattz32 will become famous soon enoughidriveattz32 will become famous soon enough
Thats good to hear. Thanks for the review. I was also impressed with their race version which I didnt know about:

Fortune Titan Coilovers - Fortune Auto USA. Home of 50mm Performance Coilovers, Titanium Shift Knobs & Titanium Lug nuts

I just thought they were another showy super low coilover company.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #47
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighPsi View Post
it says that fortune auto basically copied the technology of making coilovers from japan. So how would these be compared to the Japanese coilovers like Tein? They are similarly priced after all
$700 less -_-
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #48
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post
anymore reviews on these? I'm torn between these and stance GR+ Pros.
I"ve had them on the 240 for two months now...daily driving in shit-hole South Bend. Siberian has better roads than this town.

They work flawless on the street. Finish looks brand new still, great company, warranty, rebuildable. The unit is beefier then Ksport as well.

I bought these for reliability and durability, not necessarily for the best performance, so far they are living up to my expectations.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #49
teh smithers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
teh smithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Has anyone compared these to PBM's? I'm guessing the PBM's will be stiffer, but for those who have experienced both, it'd be interesting to know.
teh smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #50
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
if i remove 2 collars from my pbm up front i will either lay frame or hit the top of the fender frame
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #51
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I thought I'd give this a little bit of an update. I recently took my shocks up to Fortune to get them rebuilt for some Swift springs. I went from a 9k/7k set up to a 10k/9k set up. I haven't been able to drive on them yet, I just got them on the car tonight and its raining until Saturday.

As you can see the front swift springs are 1" shorter then my old ones:

The car on the ground:

If you were running anything other then OEM aero this height just wouldn't be possible. I can't even get my finger under the lowest parts of the side skirt:

As you can see the front fender (which has been flared and therefore the edge of it is up higher then a stock fender) is ~22.5" off the ground. The Fender is resting right on the tire at this point.

A side shot:

If you had a stock fender beam the tire would be resting on it for sure. I have about 1-1.5" of clearance and I have shortened mine by ~2".

Here's my shock dyno, it got a little damaged in shipping, but you can clearly see the digressive compression curve on the top part of the dyno - this is something no other coilovers have in this price range.

Terry at Fortune made a video of the rebuild process, and outlined what they do and why its so special:

I will be sure to update the thread with my thoughts on the springs/rebuild after I drive on them.

Instagram - SJKnoop

Last edited by 95KA-Turbo; 02-25-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Old 02-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #52
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
So basically, people would buy these over Stance? Stance's are cheaper with the helper springs :P. Too bad they don't come stock with swifts though lol.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #53
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I'm not trying to starting anything, but you don't see stance posting pictures of the internals of their coils or shock dynos. I had talked with stance a while back about revalving shocks and they were great with communicating with me, that is until I said I would want a shock dyno for each shock when they were done. They literally never responded to me again. This leaves me to believe they were going to tell me they did something and then not do it - ie rip me off.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 02-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #54
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
are the fronts on top and rears on bottom? looks like the compression is the upper part of the graph, and the rebound is the bottom half, right?
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #55
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Got my fortunes the other day, put them on (on one corner) and found out that my weak ass FWD wheels (getting better wheels come summer) rub a litte bit (these coils are a LOT beefier than they look in pictures!) so i have to get a 5mm spacer.

Also i have to call fortune today and figure out whats wrong with my set. 3 out of 4 of the adjustment knobs refuse to turn. I tried using as much force as possible (like opening a brand-new ragu bottle without hitting the bottom of the glass) and they managed to turn barely 1/4 turn in either direction. The one working coilover turns without a problem and clicks and everything.
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #56
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapants View Post
are the fronts on top and rears on bottom? looks like the compression is the upper part of the graph, and the rebound is the bottom half, right?
I'll get one of my friends who knows shock dynos inside and out to explain it to me completely. I do know that out of the < shapes the top part is the compression and the bottom is the rebound and that as you go from left to right the rate at which the shock is moving up and down increases. I also know that on the lower set of <s the bend in the top (compression) curve shows it is digressive, meaning it is softer when you hit a bump then when you take a corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal- View Post
GOt my fortunes the other day, put them on (on one corner) and found out that my weak ass FWD wheels (geting better wheels come summer) rub a litte bit (these coils are a LOT beefier than they look in pictures!) so i have to get a 5mm spacer.

Also i have to call fortune today and figure out whats wrong with my set. 3 out of 4 of the adjustment knobs refuse to turn. I tried using as much force as possible (like opening a brand-new ragu bottle without hitting the bottom of the glass) and they managed to turn barely 1/4 turn. The one working coilover turns without a problem and clicks and everything.
Definitely contact Terry. He stands behind all of his products and will correct any issues you have. I assume you tried moving them both directions? Just asking to be sure, haha.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #57
HayaiSaru

HayaiSaru is an unknown quantity at this point
If you they are calling their shocks digressive because of the compression curve than almost all coilovers in this price range are digressive. If you compare this to a megan dyno, its the same valving, megan's look more digressive. if anything it's got less rebound force and less adjustment range than megan's. better off buying megans if you want something cheap.

megan has 600lbs at 10secs , fortune has 400lbs at 10secs.

HayaiSaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #58
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Am I missing something? Those shock dynos aren't even kind of the same.

The shock dyno you posted shows a nearly linear compression curve and an almost flat rebound - like the rebound is basically constantly at 100-200 ish.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #59
HayaiSaru

HayaiSaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Am I missing something? Those shock dynos aren't even kind of the same.

The shock dyno you posted shows a nearly linear compression curve and an almost flat rebound - like the rebound is basically constantly at 100-200 ish.
haha. its same. your dyno is flipped. the compression is on the bottom on megan. look at your dyno, your compression barely passes 100.
HayaiSaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #60
The_Other_Aaron
Leaky Injector

The_Other_Aaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have any experience with their "Titan" two way adjustable coils? Looks like their coming out with a revised version here soon.
The_Other_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote