Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #1
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
To keep this on topic, it sounds like you'd like to run the nismo units, but are afraid that the HICAS eliminator would not fit up because of poor tolerances, so you've picked the SPC adjustable as a just in case.

From what I've seen, it looks like GK manufactures to a high standard, and don't seem like the kind of company that would sell/ship out a product that didn't meet their specs. Personally, I'd go with the nismo units, you know they'll be in factory tolerances, and will be reliable for years. If you try to install them, and something isn't fitting, you're not left guess which aftermarket part is causing the issue, you know it will be the GK product.
The Nismo toe arms use the factory eccentric bolts for adjustment. The GKTech HICAS eliminator doesn't facilitate the use of the factory eccentric bolts (thus the adjustable arms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
I would also suggest contacting GKtech, telling them what you plan to do, and ask if you should expect any problems. You may get a copy and paste answer giving you no answer, or you may get what you're looking for.
He did. The problem is not the tolerances, but the lack of any adjustment with the Nismo toe arms.

*Edit: mav1178 beat me to it.

Also, looks like Hardrace makes an adjustable hard rubber rear toe arm as well: https://hardraceusa.com/products/240...ubber-2pcs-set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
so after several posts here's the answer you want:

1) page RA-6 of the FSM tells you that yes, the factory rear toe arms have an adjustment eccentric bolt.
2) every HICAS eliminator kit out there is a simple bar with holes for a bolt and wide enough to mount it with any rear toe arm that is a factory replacement unit. So the short answer is, yes it will be fine. I don't recall people having magical sideways, unadjustable rear toe settings with other brands of HICAS delete bars.
The mounting hole on a non-HICAS subframe is elongated for adjustment. There isn't enough elongation in HICAS delete kits to use a eccentric bolt.

You can see what I'm talking about in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjCSSC8D25I
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #2
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
The Nismo toe arms use the factory eccentric bolts for adjustment. The GKTech HICAS eliminator doesn't facilitate the use of the factory eccentric bolts (thus the adjustable arms).

He did. The problem is not the tolerances, but the lack of any adjustment with the Nismo toe arms.

Bingo.

Quote:
Also, looks like Hardrace makes an adjustable hard rubber rear toe arm as well: https://hardraceusa.com/products/240...ubber-2pcs-set[/B]
I wonder if that's the same thing as Truhart.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I wonder if that's the same thing as Truhart.
Quick google search shows that Hardrace, Truhart and Megan are all likely the same. Nice catch.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:21 PM   #4
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Quick google search shows that Hardrace, Truhart and Megan are all likely the same. Nice catch.
Just about to say, looking at their catalog of arms, bushings, and parts - it's Aussie branded Megan.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:52 AM   #5
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Just about to say, looking at their catalog of arms, bushings, and parts - it's Aussie branded Megan.

Truhart is a US company, based in NC. They do have distro in AUS though.

Like Megan and a few other brands, they private label Hardrace arms for most applications.

More than give any zilvians a hookup on their parts for future ref
Old 08-03-2021, 05:21 PM   #6
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Correct.... but the GKTech rear arms (that work with their HICAS eliminator rear arm) works with both factory rear subframe as well as the HICAS eliminator kit.

So by conventional wisdom, wouldn't the bushing end of the arm be the same width as the S13/R32 rear subframe opening for non-HICAS toe arms?

That's what I was getting at. Eccentric bolt or not, it still offers adjustment on the arm.

OP asked about whether factory has toe adjustment or not, I answered him by pointing out the page in the FSM. Only real solution for the problem is one of the rubber bushing adjustable rear arms, or swap the subframe.

I really just wish he was clearer in his original post.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:10 PM   #7
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Correct.... but the GKTech rear arms (that work with their HICAS eliminator rear arm) works with both factory rear subframe as well as the HICAS eliminator kit.

So by conventional wisdom, wouldn't the bushing end of the arm be the same width as the S13/R32 rear subframe opening for non-HICAS toe arms?

That's what I was getting at. Eccentric bolt or not, it still offers adjustment on the arm.
That's because you just bolt them onto the factory sub-frame, don't care where the camber-bolt aligns, you just adjust the arm it's self.
Quote:
OP asked about whether factory has toe adjustment or not, I answered him by pointing out the page in the FSM. Only real solution for the problem is one of the rubber bushing adjustable rear arms, or swap the subframe.
Correct