Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Talking Champ Car and Indy Car to be reunited!

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...car-deal-done/

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
eh.... while this is good in principle, all it means is that we get to see more lametown oval racing. i was looking forward to the assen and zolder rounds of champ car, but i guess that's not gonna happen. i would like to see a more even mix of oval and road courses, and a switch to the panoz champ car chassis with the irl honda v8 in it.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
I agree totally ovals are lamezilla but atleast it will help combat NASCAR.
Edit: I think the turbo Cosworth is an awesome engine package.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknbkthrsdy4anfg View Post
Edit: I think the turbo Cosworth is an awesome engine package.
yeah, but honda is the main sponsor of IRL, so the cosworth must go. i've always been a fan of the 2.75L turbos.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Agreed, but hearing pop off valves echo off of sky scrapers while dual wastegates scream is fucking awesome.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I hope it all works out! Open wheel racing in the US just hasn't been the same since they split. I think they should use the champ car chasis though, they just look meaner and faster than the IRL cars. It would also be a shame to lose the only turbocharged open wheel series left in the world. Oh well maybe we'll start to see a variety of chasis and engine combos like we saw in the early 90's, that would be cool.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I hope it all works out! Open wheel racing in the US just hasn't been the same since they split. I think they should use the champ car chasis though, they just look meaner and faster than the IRL cars. It would also be a shame to lose the only turbocharged open wheel series left in the world. Oh well maybe we'll start to see a variety of chasis and engine combos like we saw in the early 90's, that would be cool.
That would be awesome, they should give the Panos/ Cosworth combo some kinda of handicap and race em against the Dallara/ Honda. oooh that woudl be awesome.
I think the Panos is wayyyy better looking...

Than the Dallara.

Besides High nose cars are the wave of the future, look at F1...

Plus having Bridgestone / Firestone competing agains itself... wow

Old 02-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
when i was a kid, i loved watching indy cars in the early 90s.. it was my favorite racing series, i loved the malboro /penske teams.. now i would say F1 is my favorite..

Hopefully with the merger it will rekindle open wheel racing in america and people will fall back in love with it.. urban city grand prixs are awesome! ripping through city streets.

my newspaper has a whole section devoted to nascar!!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #9
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
this is a sad day but i knew that tony george would get his way eventually his series is so fucking boring! Ive been to tons of champ car races and a bunch of irl ones too and there is no comparison. Better technology, better motors, better drivers, what a same cart is done.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #10
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
My boy just did champ car last year and is supposed to do indy this season..i wonder how he feels about this.
Matt Lee-44

Old 02-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #11
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
^^^That's not a champ car dude! That is one of the new mazda powered formula atlantic cars. Champ car runs the series, but it is nowhere near the same thing.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #12
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

We've talked to some atlantic teams, they got kinda fucked by the deal. Champ Car used to own them and now I think they're doing they're events with ALMS.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #13
racepar1
Post Whore!

It fuckin pisses me off that the atlantic's are running fuckin rotaries now! ONLY because mazda offered up the big bucks. Oh well I guess the ae86 guys will have a LOT of cheap ex-atlantic 4AG's!
Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #14
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Wait wait wait.
Thats not the case.
The new Atlantic car is using a Cosworth built ford based motor. The MZR I think. I think its a duratec
Its a 4 cylinder, not a rotary.
Pro Mazda is the only series running all rotaries.
This is a picture I took when we were running atlantics. This is the Swift 16 with the Cosworth motor before they made us put the Mazda badging on the carbon valve cover garnish.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #15
racepar1
Post Whore!

Is it the same cosworth that they used to run in atlantic in the mid 80's to early 90's? I hope not because the 4AG is FAR superior to that motor! I'm gunna do a little google search to see if I can find the engine code for the old cosworth motors. I assumed that it was the rotary, but I guess I was wrong. Mazda has been trying to get the rotaries into atlantics since the late 90's. They ran them for a while in SCCA club racing with some success. Also have they finally developed the swift chasis to the point where they are FINALLY faster than the old RALT RT41's? The 008's were crap (flexy chasis I think), the 014's were pretty close, but I haven't been around lately to hear about the 016's.