Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (45)
bornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Lexan hatch window

Hey everyone,

I emailed LS automotive on purchasing their 240sx Lexan window Hatch Kit. I haven't gotten a reply yet. I don't see a telephone number on their site. I'll just send another email.

Does anybody know of anybody else selling Lexan hatch windows or a kit similar to LS automotive?

I checked two hardware stores and they sell pieces that are of course too small and both said they would have to special order my window size. I even found Orchard Supply/hardware selling a Lexan spray cleaner. I should have taken a picture or at least written the name of it. I'm going back so I'll post again.

Anyways, I have the Seibon carbon hatch and just asking around if anybody knows something I haven't come across.

Thanks for any advice you can pass along.
bornslippy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
unless its a track only car, i wouldnt advise doing it.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
Trader Rating: (0)
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah, it may be crazy light but lexan windows wont last long, I dont know the technical name of the process but the surface gets "etched" very easily and will fog up (the "glass" itself, not actually fog) and you wont be able to see properly

there IS a company that makes a glass/plastic polymer thats supposed to be 40% lighter than glass but retains all other features, I cant remember who makes it though and I have no personal experience with it so it may be crap also.
genericforumname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboyoracle
http://www.peak-performance.net/content/view/211/130/

Acrylic windows?

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/HPI-...ia-180sx-50791
bboyoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
what?????//

if glass is too heavy for your car,, your motor sucks dicks in hell
Old 05-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well
100% of car glass is above the center of gravity, and glass is kinda heavy

so it makes sense to switch it to something lighter for better handling.

on the other hand, you have to be doing some pretty competitive stuff for that to even make a difference.
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

bornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the rough
Haha! My motor is still a stock KA! So there is one question answered! I'm of course going to turbocharge it but really going about purchasing the parts and how I want to approach in a "measure twice cut once" method. Know what I mean?

Anyways, one of the reasons I'm getting a lexan is well spending on the CF hatch and then reinstalling the glass. I figure why? I might as well go "light" all the way. Another reason is my entire suspension is redone with RUCA, TC rods, arms, etc. coilovers, Poly bushings, sways, struts, pwer brace and its super stiff and I can feel almost evry crack on the road and knowing I got a heavy glass on a CF hatch..I'm not sure if all that vibration can be handled by CF. I run a lot of autocross more than drift so weight is something I consider.

I still appreciate everyone's advice and comments (positive or negative)...why take this too seriously right? Its all about how much fun we all have driving what we love.

Thanks again to you all!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
chargespeed has acrylic windows for the hatch. that, and a cf trunk.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
just wondering, are there wiper holes and 3rd brake lights holes on the seibon cf hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

Yup, I checked Chargespeed. Compared to LS Automotive and Seibon CF hatch Chargespeed cost more. Thanks Bro. I checked the other options mentioned from the other members too. As long as the Lexan does not crack or shatter under the stiff suspension vibration then I'm already committed to getting the Lexan. I'll figure something out to protect the surface.

Seibon does have the wiper hole punched out and "cut-away" sections for the 3rd brake light. BUT I've seen a couple without the "cut-away" sections so I'm not sure if these are the new versions or what. I've had mine for a while just never installed cuz I was figuring out if I'll stick with the stock glass or go Lexan.

I'm gonna contact Peck Performance on Monday to see what kind of Lexan kit they have and for how much?

I'm not using my 3rd brake light or the wiper unit. Check www.moonface.com/mfr/wiper/index.htm cuz they have a rear wiper hole cap. Its made out of silicone and heat-resistant. It has MFR stamped on the cap. Be aware they offer two sizes.

A little patience and diligence and anyone can find a inexpensive alternative instead of buying this wiper hole cap.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #11
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

Oops. I mean Peak Performance....not Peck.

If anybody has a Seibon rear CF hatch I'd like to know if you have the wiper hole punched out or not and the 3rd brake light "cut-away" section or not.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Kevin from LS should get back to you. They've been busy with Formula D stuff. I think he sells the seibon hatch with it for a special price too.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #13
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

Yippie skippy!

Perfect timing! Good thing you told me.

If Kevin can cut me a deal with a Seibon CF hatch and Lexan kit together then I could sell my CF hatch to my buddy.

Thanks bro for the status on LS Automotive.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #14
CSil80
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (2)
CSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonster139 View Post
what?????//

if glass is too heavy for your car,, your motor sucks dicks in hell
It's not the motor that's in question for this.

Basically if the glass is too heavy, then the carbon will crack when closing the hatch or over a nice sized bump, and end up looking like shit.

Like giving a big BIG girl a piggy back ride. It hurts.
Then try jumping up and down. Something is bound to break.

Carbon fiber hatches tend to be fiberglass with a carbon fiber overlay anyways, so they aren't the strongest things out there.
CSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #15
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
LS Automotive sucks I had very bad experiences with them. Had to have paypal file a claim on them to give me money back. I don't know if they even exist in this world anymore as they never ever respond to emails.. EVER... or I just had one real bad experience, but another two guys had the same issue on nico... I was just ordering bloody steering column bushings

I would like to get a couple of things from them but they NEVER respond I bought a few things online through the site, I sent the money, paypal took the money, and they never emailed me once despite me emailing them several times over a period of a month...
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #16
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Csil80 do you know that from personal experience?

I have a vis cf hatch with glass in it and have no problems cracking whatsoever. In fact it helps in locking the trunk which is considerably light from stock. Id imagine anything with less weight......acrylic, lexan....you would definately need trunk pins to keep it down.

Here is a picture of my vis hatch with stock glass. I dont know how seibon is but my hatch had no third brake light hole. If you look closely you can see an indent where the hatch wiper would be. So if you wanted to run one its marked for you.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #17
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
^Yes from personal experience a year ago... even after paypal filed a claim and got my money back they never emailed me. That is really lame
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #18
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSil80 View Post
It's not the motor that's in question for this.

Basically if the glass is too heavy, then the carbon will crack when closing the hatch or over a nice sized bump, and end up looking like shit.

Like giving a big BIG girl a piggy back ride. It hurts.
Then try jumping up and down. Something is bound to break.

Carbon fiber hatches tend to be fiberglass with a carbon fiber overlay anyways, so they aren't the strongest things out there.

Thanks CSil80. That is exactly whats on my mind. Some assume people go the "lightweight" route to be just faster (to compensate for other areas lacking in performance) and nothing else, but when you commit to CF there are other issues to consider like mounting and the hardware used to install the CF.

If anybody buys CF hoods and trunks just for looks and doesn't research all the long term issues then you are setting yourself up for a headache. Always good to ask around. Thanks again bro.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #19
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
The new owner of my s13 has a carbon hatch on it,

I cant remember if he put lexan or glass into it.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #20
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
^Yes from personal experience a year ago... even after paypal filed a claim and got my money back they never emailed me. That is really lame

What!? Yikes! I haven't ordered from LS yet, but What The Deuce!!?? I'm still waiting on a reply from them (Kevin). I already sent two emails the past week.

That doesn't sound reassuring at all. Did you install that stock glass yourself? Looks clean. Faded stock burgundy with JDM tails and lower panel in black....that is a mirror image of my RPS. hahahaha!

So you don't see any integrity issues with your CF hatch with a glass? Any other pics of your hatch inside and out? You used the stock hinges and hardware too?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #21
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
I have a LS auto lexan rear window, its just made of GE high performance lexan. I would remove the stock glass measure the hole and cut yourself one, it would be cheaper.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #22
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornslippy73 View Post
What!? Yikes! I haven't ordered from LS yet, but What The Deuce!!?? I'm still waiting on a reply from them (Kevin). I already sent two emails the past week.

Looks clean. Faded stock burgundy with JDM tails and lower panel in black....that is a mirror image of my RPS. hahahaha!

So you don't see any integrity issues with your CF hatch with a glass? Any other pics of your hatch inside and out? You used the stock hinges and hardware too?
Car should be painted with new aero soon so shouldnt look like yours for too long.

No integrity issues at all. Yeah i used the stock hinges to mount the hatch. To get to the hinges just pull back the headliner closest to the hatch (opposite from the headliner towards the front window) Theres just a panel holding it up after that you should be able to pull it back.

I inplugged the harness rather then splicing them.

Here is the hatch off:

Hatch back on!

FYI!!!!! When i got the back window removed I had to get new molding (existing molding cannot be used again) I had to buy new molding from the dealer. The price was......ready for this......200 dollars. A lot but it got the job done. Just something to think about.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #23
fromxtor
Post Whore!

fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
^^Thats weird its only like $35 on courtesy's site:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasit...4-p-65571.html
Unless you referring to the metal trim and thats still not $300 through them.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #24
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Edited but it was about the same price on courtesy parts. The piece i was refering to is a 8pc set(4 corners and 4 sides):

http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasit...-p-184464.html

The part you are referring to goes underneath the window.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #25
fromxtor
Post Whore!

^^ Yea I dont think I'm even going to re-install that trim stuff as I will be getting a FPR hatch as soon as I can afford one.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #26
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
running just a lexan window is almost as light as a carbon hatch.

every lifted a stock hatch without the glass? shit is light as fuck.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #27
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
hopefully you save your stock hatch for inspection.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #28
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Are you referring to the third brake light? I'm sure you can add one rather then resort to switching hatches.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #29
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
no, lexan windows = illegal. euro gt3 rs has lexan rear window, us version doesnt. why they arent in US standards i dont know.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #30
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Just another way for the US to dick us over