Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mastaflash05
Tein HR Coilovers - Info Wanted

there is a local guy selling a set of tein coilovers. im going to try to get them for $600, he is asking $725. he said they have around 10k miles. i took a look at them and they are prety clean and dont seem to be all that old or anything. first i would like to know if 600-700 would be a good fair price for these.

i have tried to search for these but to search a word it must be 3 letters long. so if i search tein hr i get results for tein and theres way to much BS that comes up.

i would just like to know the general specs for these coilovers. when i lookes at them they had the pillowball top, didnt seem to have adjustable shocks, had a main spring and had a smaller one on the bottom. personaly i am into grip driving and good handling characteristics. i do drag, but im not interested in seting my suspension up for it or anything.

if you have some opinions about these coilovers please let me know. im just trying to find out if this is what i need and want.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I got used HRs, I paid bout 600 for mine used as well.. Its the same *if not simular* specs as the HA but without damper adjustiblity and include pillow ball mounts.. They are good enough for what I do, they kinda like Install it Forget it. But im planin to go with a more stiffer suspension some time.. Just to let you know, it would be better to save a little more and buy brand new coilovers... As much as I am happy with mine, I will never buy used coilovers again..
Old 04-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #3
srpowereds14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
srpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to srpowereds14
The HR's are a jdm version and are discontinued i have a set of these in my s14 and i paid $400 for mine i would only pay no more than $600 for them. The HR's are stiffer than the BASICS.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

mastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nice
so would you say these are a good budget coilover system, and are good for "multi purpose" use?

are they hard to adjust and get setup right? what exactly is the smaller spring on the bottom used for?
Old 04-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
srpowereds14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
srpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to beholdsrpowereds14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to srpowereds14
Yeah i say there good for mulitpurpose for the price and no there not hard to adjust the smaller spring on the bottom is the helper spring.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #6
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

since you own these coilovers srpowereds14 and hypertec ..

can you tell me about the ride quality, any thing that you like or dislike about them, or if you think a different type or brand are better ect. lmk what you think.

im leaning twards getting them. all i realy need for now is something to lower the car, and have somethign stiffer. im not too big into competition racing, just more backroads fun.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
then they are good for those purposes... im happy with them, got my moneys worth.. they are pretty stiff enough , you will think they are really stiff if you never had any other coilover. But they are not bad. If I need to make adjustments to teh handling, just gotta play with other aspects, like tire pressure, running strut bar or not, switching sway bar etc...
Old 04-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #8
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

ok thanks for the help guys. im going to offer the guy 550 and see if he wil take that. then offer up to 600 if not.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:01 PM   #9
BlackTWO40

Trader Rating: (0)
BlackTWO40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know im late as hell but is the Helper spring a necessity ??? I barely bought some SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
im trying to lower it
BlackTWO40 is offline   Reply With Quote