Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #181
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Touge_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I don't see a problem with the brakes, people here who are on the jdm tip give me shit because I have wilwoods. But my shitty usdm brakes will lock up the tires no problem and stop the car with minimal effort. I think they're great without the retarded jdm price tag.
These Rotoras work awesome on the track and there is NO brake fade. As for the front end being a s15. I like it! I have another S14 (zenki) with a s14 sr20 and had a s13 (2 years ago, sold) and before that a 473whp Z32 TT. I like the s15 front and it was cheaper the redoing the Zenki front end. Everyone likes what they like. I dont care for S13's and '97-89 front ends, But I like the S13 Sil80 look. But thanks for the input.......Looking forward to the dyno and driving it this summer!

No tune No life
Touge_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #182
sr2os13abel

Trader Rating: (0)
sr2os13abel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_drifter View Post
I have a friend who owns a tuning shop with a AWD dyno. so ill be letting it run for a couple hours on that dyno. change oil and do it again, Then start low boost tuning, change oil.....ect. When everything is tuned I pln on not doing anything stupid and letting everything settle for 3K miles.
i break in my motor on the fwy.. just cruising it around n made 500 ponies. now am shooting for 600 but i do drag. i be driving the LA fwy soon..
sr2os13abel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #183
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
I don't see a problem with the brakes, people here who are on the jdm tip give me shit because I have wilwoods. But my shitty usdm brakes will lock up the tires no problem and stop the car with minimal effort. I think they're great without the retarded jdm price tag.
Peole give you shit about WilWoods? They are excellent calipers!

No doubt most people on here would be perfectly fine with a upgraded compound on stock stuff, however for track you'll certainly run into issues with repeataility and durability.

Another thing: Has Rotora gotten any better with their stuff? I know for a while they were much like any other CHinese item: Junk.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #184
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Let me guess, Its bad because I didn't get Endless
Wrong guess.

Quote:
I just dont care for drawn out forum battles. I dont really post my stuff online. My friend said I should and it is what it is. I've been a member since november and dont know what to think about this site yet. The moderators are bossy and even the slightest hint of something they ban or block you. its like 1943 Germany. Ill probably just finish the updates for the engine and thats about it.
Yeah, you're pretty right about that. Often times I wonder why I havent been perm-banned, because its happened almost everywhere else. I think I'm like an old family dog, I shit on the floor accidentally (sometimes purposely) but they keep me around until I eventually die. That, or they take me in the backyard.. put a bullet in my head.. old yeller style.

Quote:
shut up wayne. who the fuck has a problem with WILWOOD? leno runs wilwoods. only problem i see with them is that they typically dont have dust boots, but whatever.. not a major issue for most people. wilwoods are cost effective and high quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Peole give you shit about WilWoods? They are excellent calipers!

No doubt most people on here would be perfectly fine with a upgraded compound on stock stuff, however for track you'll certainly run into issues with repeataility and durability.

Another thing: Has Rotora gotten any better with their stuff? I know for a while they were much like any other CHinese item: Junk.
rotora is rotora, simple as that. its just funny seeing someone blow their load on the motor build and then skimp a la sponsorship route for the rest of the build. again, nothing wrong with that.. its just a different mentality. i've saved and paid for every single part on my cars. to each his own.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #185
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Wrong guess.

Yeah, you're pretty right about that. Often times I wonder why I havent been perm-banned, because its happened almost everywhere else. I think I'm like an old family dog, I shit on the floor accidentally (sometimes purposely) but they keep me around until I eventually die. That, or they take me in the backyard.. put a bullet in my head.. old yeller style.

shut up wayne. who the fuck has a problem with WILWOOD? leno runs wilwoods. only problem i see with them is that they typically dont have dust boots, but whatever.. not a major issue for most people. wilwoods are cost effective and high quality.

rotora is rotora, simple as that. its just funny seeing someone blow their load on the motor build and then skimp a la sponsorship route for the rest of the build. again, nothing wrong with that.. its just a different mentality. i've saved and paid for every single part on my cars. to each his own.
The rotora brakes have been on this car fro 3 years, I like them and they work...great I might add. I my go different brakes later on (in the fall for next season) then just put these on the other S14 im doing right now. I really havent skimped on anything. everyone has there opinion. This whole car works flawlessly and was a great car at 380whp maxed. I look forward to driving her this summer. its going to be a whole new car. Thanks for the input!

No tune No life
Old 02-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #186
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
They are perfect for what I need them for. I would spend money on them.

No tune No life
Old 02-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #187
!!chuy!!
Leaky Injector

!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore
briliant build!
anychance of track/dyno vids when u get her broken in....?
!!chuy!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #188
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
so since i used 300zx brakes did i cope out on my build, even though i have a mazworx sleeved and prepped block.....?

thats thats bull. any upgrade is just that upgrade if its a quality part, any of the big name brands are good an have to be better then using stock parts off other nissan cars that happen to be bigger.

i like the front end, the flat black, and the rear fenders.

only complaint i have is your back wheels need spaced out a little bit more.
but i like the wheels
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #189
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
so since i used 300zx brakes did i cope out on my build, even though i have a mazworx sleeved and prepped block.....?

thats thats bull. any upgrade is just that upgrade if its a quality part, any of the big name brands are good an have to be better then using stock parts off other nissan cars that happen to be bigger.

i like the front end, the flat black, and the rear fenders.

only complaint i have is your back wheels need spaced out a little bit more.
but i like the wheels
Thanks, I love the car, its hit or miss. Cant have everyone like the car right

No tune No life

Last edited by Touge_drifter; 02-15-2011 at 12:58 AM..
Old 02-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #190
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Next update will be up soon

No tune No life
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #191
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
They are perfect for what I need them for. I would spend money on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post

i think if either of you guys lived in areas with canyons, you'de probably understand.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #192
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

I wish I didnt live in Michigan. I would love some MT. roads Your lucky

No tune No life
Old 02-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #193
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

i think if either of you guys lived in areas with canyons, you'de probably understand.
oh we have roads that are narly. infact almost every road i would take from my house to the nearest town, are winding two lanes.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #194
newslidz
Zilvia Member

newslidz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newslidz
Lol why even bother trying to pkease the people on zilvia its never gonna happen even when theydrive a bucket

JUST A RED TOP SR
newslidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #195
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

I dont care too. Like I said there are only a couple of cars everyone likes on this site. I love mine, and I'm looking forward to the summer!

No tune No life
Old 02-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #196
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
I dont care too. Like I said there are only a couple of cars everyone likes on this site. I love mine, and I'm looking forward to the summer!
That's really all that matters.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #197
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
That's really all that matters.
Yup. I only built this car for me, The other cars I build are for customers!

No tune No life
Old 02-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #198
itwillboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
itwillboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have two questions for you why bosch injectors and why not a bigger or double wastegates ? Also this build is unreal, it's like a dream build if I could afford it. Everything really looks impressive.
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #199
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwillboost View Post
I have two questions for you why bosch injectors and why not a bigger or double wastegates ? Also this build is unreal, it's like a dream build if I could afford it. Everything really looks impressive.
The dual wastegate works better for GT3582R turbo and up. I've used them before and they have always been good. Thanks, this is gonna be a really fun engine/car I cant wait to drive it again

No tune No life
Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #200
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Props to you building a Monster SR and not going the the LS, RB, JZ route. I have alot more respect for this build then I would ever have for a LS,RB or JZ swapped 240sx. Any interior shots of the car?
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #201
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Props to you building a Monster SR and not going the the LS, RB, JZ route. I have alot more respect for this build then I would ever have for a LS,RB or JZ swapped 240sx. Any interior shots of the car?

Thanks. I dont think a LS engine belongs in a 240sx. Plus its more of a trendy/bandwagon thing to do right now. The SR is nissans 4G63.....and you'd never see a LS/RB/JZ engine in a evo. as for the interion I'll look around for some pictures.

Interior list
Defi live unit II
Defi display unit
Defi oil temp sensor
Defi water temp sensor
Defi oil psi gauge
Defi boost psi gauge
Greddy turbo timer
B & M short throw shifter
Tomei shift knob
AEM wideband oxygen sensor
Tein electric dampening force controller
Sparco steering wheel
Custom roll cage (being mocked up)
Battery mounted in trunk
Momo steering wheel hub

No tune No life
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #202
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Oh, boy. Here comes a lot of "this engine is superior, cry cry cry" responses.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #203
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
Oh, boy. Here comes a lot of "this engine is superior, cry cry cry" responses.
All engines are good, I just like the SR. its never let me down yet. everyone has there own taste and choices. Two type of people leaders and followers.....all Im saying!

No tune No life
Old 02-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #204
HOOCH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
HOOCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Good gravy you owe me a new key board cause mines ruined from all drool! Im in the process of building an S13 and im going the satin black route as well so its nice to actually see a similar car!...How do you like the AEM? I am torn right now between the power fc and the AEM EMS cant really seam to get a straight answer from anyone on that subject!

And for the guy that said there are no winding roads in Idaho is high on crack, there happens to be one of the most twisty roads in the country between Montana and Idaho! Its like 100+ miles of winding mountain road! Never been on with a car but its a hoot on a bike!
HOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #205
sr20s13abel
Leaky Injector

sr20s13abel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH View Post
Good gravy you owe me a new key board cause mines ruined from all drool! Im in the process of building an S13 and im going the satin black route as well so its nice to actually see a similar car!...How do you like the AEM? I am torn right now between the power fc and the AEM EMS cant really seam to get a straight answer from anyone on that subject!

ok. they are both great computers... apexi power fc. is cheaper and a complete bolt on whether u buy the regular or d-jetro. and the cool thing is that u got a commander that displays readings such as speed- engine knock- water temperature- engine rev. and lot more all in one control.. ive had this computer in my daily for years now and i love it...

on the other hand aem in my opinion is a better computer... it is a lil expensive, not a complete bolt on. just got to buy a map sensor and ait sensor and very recommended to own a laptop. lol aem controls nitrous has anti-lag 2 step if u wanna do drag no need of airflow meter. for another 100 bucks u buy a solenoid that controls boost and can do boost by gear .. i personally like my aem ems better than my power fc cause on my race car i can run turbo or turbo nitrous just by flipping a switch.... or pump gas low boost or high boost since i can have different maps.

i think aem ems is for high horsepower car and while the power fc can be used for a daily/weekend track car. ohh btw if u get the power fc. dont get the d-jetro.. just an advice
sr20s13abel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #206
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH View Post
Good gravy you owe me a new key board cause mines ruined from all drool! Im in the process of building an S13 and im going the satin black route as well so its nice to actually see a similar car!...How do you like the AEM? I am torn right now between the power fc and the AEM EMS cant really seam to get a straight answer from anyone on that subject
^^thanks. Sorry about your keyboard, BUT its even worse in person. lol

OK.....I had the PFC (d-jetro) and It was good. You can do everything with the fC that you can do with the AEM. Other then one thing. I have a toggle switch the when I flip it switches the tune map to 118 octane and High boost. Then flip it back and run 93 octane and low boost. Im not a big fan of MAF sensors.

Like sr20s13abel said the Power fc is perfect for a street car. The tuning software for the PFC SUCKS! I switched to the AEM for this sr22 and bought it again for my other S14 w/sr20. so I have both cars running this EMS. So far I like it. Ill post some pictures of the laptops screen w/AEM software.

No tune No life
Old 02-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #207
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

some shots of the AEM tuning software

No tune No life
Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #208
HOOCH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
HOOCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Hey thanks for the advice it sounds like the EMS is what I want, it is a street car but will rarely be driven, I guess I should get with my tuner and find out which one I should get! Glad to actually hear from people that have first hand knowledge. One of the other things is I live about 8 hours from the closest tuner, don't know much about EFI but I know my way around a diesels and carbureted V-8s
HOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #209
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Glad I could help out

No tune No life
Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #210
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

The Aem unit is really nice, Sadly they are only making the series 2 EMS for the S13. Which is a different tuning program. I have both for tuning other cars. Only bad part for you about the series 2 is that the tuner can lock is so you cant see the tune he did. Kinda sucks for people getting stuff done. If you have any questions feel free to ask

No tune No life