Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Why does green freeze faster?

ok so yesterday I bought some otterpops and put them in the freezer

today I went to grab one, and only the green ones are frozen, but some of the pink ones are starting to freeze too.

WHY?
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #2
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
maybe the other ones have more antifreeze in them. duhh!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
im thinking it has nothing to do with the color but more of the ingredients used in the green. This comes after extensive research of dying water with different colors and then freezing, the water froze same time, didnt matter color.
mjjstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #4
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
yes sir..different flavors have different ingredients. I think more sodium makes it take longer to freeze
Old 06-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #5
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
well,,, my observations were incomplete, that was only on the first couple strips of otter pops i found,

now its been a few hours and Ive eaten about half the box and I have had a few unfrozen green ones, and most of the other colors are about equal in numbers of frozen and unfrozen otter pops.

but I have noticed that I have not had any frozen blue otter pops. and I also feel like I should eat something solid
Old 06-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
bobafett
Zilvia Member

bobafett is an unknown quantity at this point
damn gotta get eat some of my otterpops now! mine are all frozen though, i think they are from last summer lol
bobafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #7
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

I just counted, ive had 50 otter pops today,
Old 06-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
bobafett
Zilvia Member

bobafett is an unknown quantity at this point
hahaah man u are more addicted than me

i still havent gone downstairs to get any otterpops yet, but i think im gonna go grab some right now!
bobafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #9
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
dude, step away from the otter pops. its like when i bought christmas tree cakes in bulk... then foiund out i didn't want em... then had like 40 boxes of em

still got em.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #10
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
it's the seaweed.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:22 PM   #11
rokmplutonium
Zilvia Junkie

rokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the roughrokmplutonium is a jewel in the rough
The Green's might be diluted more.

Last edited by rokmplutonium; 06-09-2005 at 12:05 AM..
rokmplutonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:00 AM   #12
FastBack 240
Zilvia Addict

FastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymoreFastBack 240 is not welcome here anymore
All taste horrible. Rather run after the ice cream man.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:18 AM   #13
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
Otter Pops are gangster. You can get a big fucking case of like 100 for $8 at costco.

sentinelguild.com/nzo/PFCDB/
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #14
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

dude, we bought 2 boxes of 100 for 2.49 each at Rite aid, me and Chris have gone through the first box and are pretty far into the second box already... MMMM

Wal mart has an different type that have boxes of 250 for like 2 bucks.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #15
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Bumping because I just had this same question pop into my head as i've been eating my box of 100 otter pops. I made the mistake of only putting a couple strips in the freezer at a time and noticed that each color takes slightly longer to freeze than the next. Green always first, then pink, blue last of course.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #16
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you lay them out flat in the freezer they should freeze faster. The freezing time is probably due to the flavoring used.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #17
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
This is the only time it is acceptable to bring threads back from the dead.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #18
tdaffern
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
tdaffern is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Bumping because I just had this same question pop into my head as i've been eating my box of 100 otter pops. I made the mistake of only putting a couple strips in the freezer at a time and noticed that each color takes slightly longer to freeze than the next. Green always first, then pink, blue last of course.
Holy thread from the dead! You must have been really bored to find this on page 19187382000877

Check out West Motors for all your automotive needs https://www.facebook.com/WestMotorsAz
tdaffern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
This should be illegal......

But to answer the question, it probably has nothing to do with the ingredients and everything to do with how they were stored in the freezer. If they were wrapped together and the green ones were on the outside, they would be insulating the other pops, or if the green ones were in a colder part of the freezer, they would freeze quicker. Freezers are not a constant temp everywhere.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

I'm honored.

No, it wasn't only green ones on the outside, and there were green ones frozen earlier than other neighboring colors in different parts of the box.

I wish there was room in my freezer for otter pops
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #21
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
They are in the strips randomly so it's not like all the greens were on the outside. And they were all layed down flat as well. It's simply the different ingredients for the different flavors.

Finished my box of 100 yesterday. I think I took out 40 in the last sitting.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #22
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I think they freeze by the popularity of the flavors to piss people off that often check to see if the one they want is frozen.
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #23
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Just threw another box in the freezer. All bundled together randomly. Will come back with results.