Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
drft-s12
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
drft-s12 is making a name for him/her selfdrft-s12 is making a name for him/her selfdrft-s12 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Shipping a front clip?

Has anyone shipped a front clip freight before? What the cheapest route to shipping a clip with no motor? I've tried getting quotes but I'm not sure which class or other bs they ask. So I wanna know if anyone has shipped a clip before thanks. Going from cali to NY
drft-s12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Been covered before. Use the search function. There are many Jdm companies that you can call and ask politely for some info. Google is your friend.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I'm pretty sure you throw it on a pallet, secure and tie it down tightly, wrap it all up with plastic, and freight ship that bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
drft-s12
Leaky Injector

drft-s12 is making a name for him/her selfdrft-s12 is making a name for him/her selfdrft-s12 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
Been covered before. Use the search function. There are many Jdm companies that you can call and ask politely for some info. Google is your friend.
I've searched. Obviously you don't know so thank you for your brilliant answer.

I'm trying to get a real answer not get a uhaul and take a road trip fuck that I want a name of a company that someone on zilvia has used to ship a front clip with no motor.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Lol obviously I can give you the dry weight of a front clip without a motor (since i had one shipped for my rhd conversion) just by going to a Jdm motor company, and looking at their front clips section that have ones with and without motors. Weight is in their description. Since you can't search for shit, and want people to do your fucking leg work...... I hope you get fucked on shipping.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
drft-s12
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
Lol obviously I can give you the dry weight of a front clip without a motor (since i had one shipped for my rhd conversion) just by going to a Jdm motor company, and looking at their front clips section that have ones with and without motors. Weight is in their description. Since you can't search for shit, and want people to do your fucking leg work...... I hope you get fucked on shipping.
Thank you.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
seesquared
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
seesquared is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I literally just looked at a JDM front for my Integra from a company in Orlando Florida. Their flat rate on shipping that is $225 to the Lower 48. Front clip, no motor. That should give you a rough estimate.

Expect to pay $200-$350. And possibly more if the delivery address does not have a dock or forklift. Companies will charge more for a truck with a lift gate if its being delivered residential
seesquared is offline   Reply With Quote