Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 PM   #1951
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
To condescendingly call someone a "kid" and then use child-like vulgar language in the same context, is well, a little bit hypocritical especially when it's coming from a moderator, who's meant to set an example around here.

I'm sure my post will be deleted in 1... 2... 3... but it was worth making the point.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #1952
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Here's mine. I haven't had time to do my fender work or dial anything in. I just spent the whole day doing bullshit. No, I don't want to talk about sizes. Yes, I'm a hypocrite because I've asked before, too.

I don't think many cars in here fit the title by the way. I always think of the RoseBud Silvia when I come in here and then I just see shitty, high-offset, small-width, fake wheels.

I'm so happy those shitty Grid-Vs are off my new build. I honestly never drove the car when they were on. I just needed cheap wheels with good tires in case my wife had the Forester for the day.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #1953
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Need more pics of it!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #1954
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I'm so happy those shitty Grid-Vs are off my new build. I just needed cheap wheels with good tires in case my wife had the Forester for the day.
Stock wheels.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #1955
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Need more pics of it!!!
agreed!!!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:42 PM   #1956
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Moving on from that kids obnoxious little comments...

Does anyone know of a good 235/60 or 235/55 tire to run? I need to upgrade to a wider rear rim/tire combo and anything over a 225/60r15 seems to be really hard to find now.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mt...HeoaAqn68P8HAQ

IDK how wide your wheels are, but heres a 265/50/15 hankook on a 15x8 (rears)
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:54 AM   #1957
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mt...HeoaAqn68P8HAQ

IDK how wide your wheels are, but heres a 265/50/15 hankook on a 15x8 (rears)
i never wouldve thought to check Summit. thanks man!

Old 02-19-2015, 01:29 AM   #1958
Y0SH
Zilvia Junkie

Y0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the rough
This thread is a letdown. I came here for 13×13s and found 15×8s.
Y0SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:54 AM   #1959
jay70

jay70 is on the path to ruinjay70 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
I've got R-Types in 16x8.5-6 all around. I'm mounting tires on my Volks this week and if I can sneak some money from my tax returns I want to throw a pair of tires on the Wats and use them out back. Seems like a waste to just keep them in the boxes if no one wants to buy them.

jay70 I've always loved your car. Never knew you were on here. It's one of the main reasons I was interested in Wats on the S13 in the first place.
thanks man yeah i had a set of 8.5s too but had the same issue of needing a spacer to clear front brakes that made them sit too far out for my liking, so just ran them on the back. still have them for another car, watanabes are my fave. yours should look sweet on those volks tho

also had these dori mesh for it but the car sold before they arrived
jay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:58 AM   #1960
jay70

Quote:
205s are too skinny for the power numbers I'll be shooting for after a Power FC + injectors + head work. I'm not wanting to roast tires, more interested in keeping as much grip as possible. I don't want to get rid of my SSRs as I spent a good amount of time and money restoring them (giving thought to having them widened to 9") and I love the small wheel look. Just keeps with the old school JDM look and feel that I'm so fond of.

So I'd really like to run wider tires on my wheels and it seems as 15" tires become a dying thing, the optional wider sizes are going with them
i had 400hp and drove a lot on 195/55/r15s and 185/55r14s and it was fine dude. good quality tyre and some throttle control is all you need. only thing extra grip will get you is a broken sr box
Old 02-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #1961
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Finally was able to pickup my wheels, need to get them mounted next... then get the car actually running... Meanwhile here is my son the 15x9.5"

Old 02-19-2015, 05:44 PM   #1962
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay70 View Post
thanks man yeah i had a set of 8.5s too but had the same issue of needing a spacer to clear front brakes that made them sit too far out for my liking, so just ran them on the back. still have them for another car, watanabes are my fave. yours should look sweet on those volks tho

also had these dori mesh for it but the car sold before they arrived
finally a win in this thread, now those would be awesome on a 86
sil80takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #1963
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
I need to get everything adjusted, first. I'm not gonna post pictures prematurely. I'm already thinking the above photo is too much. I could fit my whole peepee in that gap.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #1964
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

I don't think many cars in here fit the title by the way. I always think of the RoseBud Silvia when I come in here and then I just see shitty, high-offset, small-width, fake wheels.

Things that fit the in this thread IMO

√ sub 17in wheels with stretched tires. authentic for extra nerd points.
√ 90's styling- aero, stickers, period correct parts
SHAKOTAN low as fuck

Things that don't belong:

√ your shitbox with tiny wheels
√ steel fucking trailer wheels
√ any new wave swaggot bs
Old 02-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #1965
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post

SHAKOTAN low as fuck

Well said sir!

I think most of the guys posting their own shitbox
read "Small Wheel Thread" and blasted away
and ignoring the "Dorisha | Nagano | Kyusha | Shakotan Style" portion,
or they just don't have a fucking clue what it means
sil80takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #1966
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post

SHAKOTAN low as fuck

...this should just be in the fucking OP. Once I do my fender work and drop my car properly I'll post better pictures. Swaggot BS is going to be in almost every thread. It's the sad current-state-of-affairs for the s-chassis.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #1967
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Right? I mean I'm running small wheels, low as piss and I still won't post it here because the wheels aren't wide enough, nor have a low enough offset to be cool enough for this thread. Know your station in life kids.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #1968
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
Right? I mean I'm running small wheels, low as piss and I still won't post it here because the wheels aren't wide enough, nor have a low enough offset to be cool enough for this thread. Know your station in life kids.
Just run a 155-60 tire and space them out to the fender hahahaha. VW style stretch.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #1969
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Honestly have no idea what dorisha nagano or any of the other words mean. What does it mean and what's the differences.

Also swaggot is the most fucking awful term I have ever Fucking heard. Shut up dork.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #1970
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
Honestly have no idea what dorisha nagano or any of the other words mean. What does it mean and what's the differences.

Also swaggot is the most fucking awful term I have ever Fucking heard. Shut up dork.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #1971
jay70

Quote:

The title doesn't mean anything. Lol at people who are going around calling cars on 15s 'dorisha'. Dorisha just means drift car, Nagano is just a place, kyusha is vintage style and shakotan is low style. So the title irrelevant just changed by a mod with no clue.

Should really just be 90s style
Old 02-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #1972
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay70 View Post
The title doesn't mean anything. Lol at people who are going around calling cars on 15s 'dorisha'. Dorisha just means drift car, Nagano is just a place, kyusha is vintage style and shakotan is low style. So the title irrelevant just changed by a mod with no clue.

Should really just be 90s style
When I think 90s style this is what I think of... Not boxes with 13" wheels and flares
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:50 PM   #1973
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

You know what word I want. It's on the tip of my tongue oh yeah its #snip that's it!.

Maybe I should just start using #snip instead.

#snip
#snip
#snip
#snip
#snip

Lol
Old 02-20-2015, 06:12 PM   #1974
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

shut up, quit talking shit, post pictures or GTFO!

thanks!

Old 02-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #1975
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
To condescendingly call someone a "kid" and then use child-like vulgar language in the same context, is well, a little bit hypocritical especially when it's coming from a moderator, who's meant to set an example around here.

I'm sure my post will be deleted in 1... 2... 3... but it was worth making the point.
QFT.

ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #1976
red92ka

red92ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
205s are too skinny for the power numbers I'll be shooting for after a Power FC + injectors + head work. I'm not wanting to roast tires, more interested in keeping as much grip as possible. I don't want to get rid of my SSRs as I spent a good amount of time and money restoring them (giving thought to having them widened to 9") and I love the small wheel look. Just keeps with the old school JDM look and feel that I'm so fond of.

So I'd really like to run wider tires on my wheels and it seems as 15" tires become a dying thing, the optional wider sizes are going with them
Go with a stickier compound tire then. Wide doesn't equal good traction. And if you're making enough power to spin tires at will, you're not doing yourself any favors running a tire that won't stick.
red92ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #1977
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92ka View Post
Go with a stickier compound tire then. Wide doesn't equal good traction. And if you're making enough power to spin tires at will, you're not doing yourself any favors running a tire that won't stick.
300-350whp on 205's will spin ANYTHING no matter the compound rating.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #1978
red92ka

red92ka is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thompso...oductId=753925

Plenty of FAST cars getting it done on these. With a functioning differential you should get ok mileage out of them.
red92ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:09 AM   #1979
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92ka View Post
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thompso...oductId=753925

Plenty of FAST cars getting it done on these. With a functioning differential you should get ok mileage out of them.
im not gonna debate this anymore... i know what 300whp is like as my last 240 put down 308whp and 302 lbs tq to the wheels. it took 245s with 200 treadwear to get actual grip on -2 deg of camber and an 2 way ATS LSD from a dig. near 300 whp on 205s isnt going to work man as i already spin the ones on my car in 2nd gear pulls and im running an S15 helical diff with -1 deg of camber. i was already planning on mickey tompsons should i get my current SSRs rebarreled.

PS: im a little drunk right now, so dont get butthurt when you read the above statement please. its not meant with any negative undertones.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #1980
jay70

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80takashi View Post
finally a win in this thread, now those would be awesome on a 86
well i do still have this

but i think 15s are too big for ae86s. those are 14x8.5