Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #31
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'd probably be driving and S13 with a 90s riced bodykit that all the fanboys love.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #32
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
OP said he "missed out" because he was playing Pokemon during recess in 1999 because all fun "affordable" cars had ceased to be in 2002.. which is 100% wrong.

Example? FT86 etc.
WRX, STi, Evo, SRT-4, Ford Focus ST, Ford Focus SVT, Turbo Cobalt, RSX, RX-8, 350Z, Mustang S197, 2nd Gen Tacoma, Lancer Ralliart, CTS, GTO, Cayman, E46 M3, C6, TT, 03 Cobra.... honestly, I could go own for an hour...

What the fuck was actually "fun" and readily available in the 90's for the US market?

Our 240sx had an ass thumping 150hp, only a handful of Honda's had B-series motors, the Japanese Super Cars were still stupid fucking expensive... and that was about it.

OMFG 220HP V8 MUSTANG!! Watch out yo, my V-TAKE 115hp SOHC Honda just kicked in!!

You had DSMs and they are built from garbage. Awesome Engine, Awesome Styling - Chrysler 90's build quality 100%
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #33
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
mkiv supra.. the best car ever
Then why don't you have one now?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #34
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sxmaniac View Post
How many Japanese FR layout cars after 2002 could compete(price,performance,potential,appeal) with all the legendary jap fr cars from the 90s? Only one comes to mind S2k. Yes in 99 I was a 4th grader playing Pokemon Yellow Edition and my gameboy color was teal green to be exact.
Uh... are you stupid?

The 350Z and RX-8 both matched their 90's counterparts in stock-form and cost well under half what either of those cars cost new - they also get better fuel economy and are easier to maintain.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #35
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I respect that,I'm definitely an FR layout guy and thats largely due to my 2005 Irwindale D1GP experience having the privilege to sit alongside Yasuyuki Kazama on a few test runs as he drove what is now the legendary Kei Office green S15. So for me turbo rwd cars that pull you out of your seat are what I consider fun cars. I think the cars you mentioned can be cool cars(wide wheels, stanced,nice fitments, aftermarket parts,etc) but I don't find them necessarily fun. The Evo and Sti are great I actually have nothing negative to say about those 2 monsters. Rx8 feels smooth but that's where all the good stops. z is too heavy and g35 isn't a sports car. Miata is a slow convertible so I guess it's a nice cruise around town car just not a sports car in my eyes. Mr2's aren't bad if you can find a turbo model.

Blah blah blah -

The Z/G are no heavier than the GT-R, Supra and Z32 of yesteryear. They are also just as much a "sports car" as a S-chasis, Supra and the Z-series of the past.

Turbos? Somehow i think that Kei Office car was modified, and honestly, all the 90's turbo cars - in stock trim - suck balls.

They suck big giant hairy lice covered donkey balls.

It's not until you start modifying and upgrading them that anything gets interesting, and honestly, you can modify new N/A cars too... Just look at the success they are having with the FRZ - $6k turbo kits are putting down 400whp. You are swapping the exact same parts on a SR-S13/14 to get the same results, so starting with a suck-ass t25 and 3" IC doesn't exactly mean squat in the end.

The only thing lost from the 90's are some of the crazy over built Japanese engines. The JZ, 4g63, VG30 and 3GSTE come to mind. You could run crazy boost without even opening the engines. SR gets honorable mentions because while they don't make huge numbers like an Evo - they get abused to no end by all the idiot kids that work on them and just take it .

But there is hope. The 4.6 DOHC S/C engine from Ford was and is a fucking monster. Pound for Pound it womps the 2JZ. GM continues to produce mind-boggling LS motors making crazy power and the new FA Subaru motor is everyone's hope for fixing all the issues from that garbage EJ-series.

BMW's turbo motors are also supposedly crazy wicked.

K-series pwnz the B-series
Mazda and Fords turbo engines rock
The 2.4 SRT-4 engine is stuff of legends
Old 07-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #36
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Really wanted this when I was a kid in the 90s and all the hot boi tunerz had them (probably just the aero on regular models).

Or one of these. Mercedes was my thing back then.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #37
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
People still cannot afford them today.
True.
Clean ones of any mid 90's turbo model are usually 8k plus. Supras and nsx still tip the $20k+ pocket.
Older fc's, z31, mk3, mx83, 240's, mr2's are cheap and easy to mod haha.

Oh btw that top black Mercedes is a big win!
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #38
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I like how everyone is naming cars they couldn't afford then and even now not hating just saying

And I would get an 99-00 civic si, best si in the US in my opinion

And

The integra type R too,

Not a fanboy answer either
Old 07-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #39
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UIJiLWKvh4
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #40
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
if i had the car i wanted in 1999 it would be ferrari 355 f1.

if i had a new car of my choice from 1999 now it would be a miata since there were no 1999 240sx's in the us...
Old 07-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #41
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
180sx-production ceased in 98
Sure the soarer has a new power plant the SC430
but it's far from an enthusiast car and it has no
relevance in any form of japanese motorsports
outside of Daigo Saito using an SC430 for Formula Drift.
Let me shed some light on your statement...

Lexus SC430 GT500

"IN 2006, Toyota abandoned their aging Supra program in favor of a specially developed Lexus SC430 that met SuperGT GT500 rules."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_GT#GT500

SC430 wins:

2006 GT 500 Tom's Lexus SC 430
2008 GT 500 Tom's Lexus SC 430
2009 GT 500 Tom's Lexus SC 430
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
More 90's era car reviews. God, Top Gear has me spoiled. These are interesting, but they suck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDnZE2OZW4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbYQO1UDRAU
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #43
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Evo and Impreza are really the only two
legendary cars that survived the 90s. Sure
the soarer has a new power plant the SC430
but it's far from an enthusiast car and it has no
relevance in any form of japanese motorsports
outside of Daigo Saito using an SC430 for Formula Drift.
yeaaaa soarers are actually still quite a popular car for D1GP as well

(this is the oldest out of all the pictures, and i believe this was the '08 season)

not 90's but you get the idea

daigo's soarer where he competed in china, and nishida also drove it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qD6XO7dEcU

nishida actually competed with a soarer last year alongside with daigo

this is actually the car i wanted before a 240. the potential for them are pretty big
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #44
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
My buddies g35 makes a bit over 450whp on spray and boltons was recently spotlighted on version2 with slicks outback caused quite an uproar lol.
350z is swappable and nimble but to the average person expensive. Rx8 meh I've seen some dope ones even in drifting circuit. Far as the miata goes slap a t28 on it and see what happens at the weight and 50/50 balance becomes quite the car. Just may look a lil feminine driving it haha.
Question is if it was 99 would you be able to afford all these early 90's cars and mod them? Same as the mid 2000 cars you say arn't good Fr layout they are it's just money and time and cheaper to mod old 240's, 300's, rx7's. Far as a mk4 supra goes have fun at the prices I see those I'd buy a NSX and call it a day.
I respect your opinion as well but I think you kind've said it in a nutshell most of the mid 2000s cars require a swap or nos or tons of bolt ons to really enjoy them. If i was the age I am now during 99 I think I could probably afford everything except a VR4,FD,Supra, and NSX. Realistically in 99 I would've opted for a lightly used FC turbo or a zenki s14(I like the zenki face more than the kouki). I've driven modified versions of all the cars you've mentioned I just prefer cars that don't require motor swaps to enjoy them and that's the biggest issues I have about most of the 2000s car in particular the FRS.
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #45
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x13 View Post
Subaru Impreza GC8 STi Type R Version V or a 22B
22b's are legendary but they weren't released in North America
Old 07-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #46
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Blah blah blah -

The Z/G are no heavier than the GT-R, Supra and Z32 of yesteryear. They are also just as much a "sports car" as a S-chasis, Supra and the Z-series of the past.

Turbos? Somehow i think that Kei Office car was modified, and honestly, all the 90's turbo cars - in stock trim - suck balls.

They suck big giant hairy lice covered donkey balls.

It's not until you start modifying and upgrading them that anything gets interesting, and honestly, you can modify new N/A cars too... Just look at the success they are having with the FRZ - $6k turbo kits are putting down 400whp. You are swapping the exact same parts on a SR-S13/14 to get the same results, so starting with a suck-ass t25 and 3" IC doesn't exactly mean squat in the end.

The only thing lost from the 90's are some of the crazy over built Japanese engines. The JZ, 4g63, VG30 and 3GSTE come to mind. You could run crazy boost without even opening the engines. SR gets honorable mentions because while they don't make huge numbers like an Evo - they get abused to no end by all the idiot kids that work on them and just take it .

But there is hope. The 4.6 DOHC S/C engine from Ford was and is a fucking monster. Pound for Pound it womps the 2JZ. GM continues to produce mind-boggling LS motors making crazy power and the new FA Subaru motor is everyone's hope for fixing all the issues from that garbage EJ-series.

BMW's turbo motors are also supposedly crazy wicked.

K-series pwnz the B-series
Mazda and Fords turbo engines rock
The 2.4 SRT-4 engine is stuff of legends

You made some good points, Z/G are as heavy as the GTR,Supra, and Z32 only thing is they don't make nearly the power in their stock form. Yes that Kei Office S15 was modified but it had the SpecR Sr20 original motor along with nos and other goodies but not 60k worth of modifications like alot of these sponsored drift cars. Not hating just stating the facts. When on I go on the T86 forums and ask the guys their what kind of mods they've done only a select few( not even 1 out of 10) have voided their warranty and added superchargers/turbos so although that might be an option it's not practical for people who dd their 86 who want to have fun, now maybe for the track junkie or a sponsored driver but not for the mass majority. The original post was regarding in particular JAPANESE FR LAYOUT cars but since you've mentioned GM and BMW we can go there as well. No doubt LS motors are great but I was talking sport cars not muscle cars, there clearly is a difference. BMW has some nice motors available like in their 135i and 335i but when you can get a fully loaded 335i near the same price as the Shelby Gt500 its blasphemous if you ask me. German cars are too expensive to play in,not to mention how heavy they are the people over at BMW really should put their so called sport cars on a diet,but that's just me

Last edited by 180sxmaniac; 07-28-2013 at 10:19 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #47
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
I like how everyone is naming cars they couldn't afford then and even now not hating just saying

And I would get an 99-00 civic si, best si in the US in my opinion

And

The integra type R too,

Not a fanboy answer either
I almost went on a tirade after reading this lol but it's sunday the lord's day so I'll restrain from taking it up a notch but again I was talking about Japanese FR LAYOUT cars
Old 07-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #48
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
yeaaaa soarers are actually still quite a popular car for D1GP as well

(this is the oldest out of all the pictures, and i believe this was the '08 season)

not 90's but you get the idea

daigo's soarer where he competed in china, and nishida also drove it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qD6XO7dEcU

nishida actually competed with a soarer last year alongside with daigo

this is actually the car i wanted before a 240. the potential for them are pretty big

Yes they are, I love Soarers and JZX100's they represented an iconic car that will never be replicated. The Soared and JZX100 for their time were luxurious, standard with leather,ac,cup holders,moonroof,etc all the amenities for dd and yet they still had jz motors and so you could enjoy them at the track and they were more than reliable and weren't very expensive to maintain. We really missed out on these type of cars here in the states, a car that could multi-task on the street and at the track, that were affordable. We did get the Soarer here but Japan never intended for our versions to be modded which is evident by the lack of 5-speeds that were available and the lack of the turbo version of their jz motors that came.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #49
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You made some good points, Z/G are as heavy as the GTR,Supra, and Z32 only thing is they don't make nearly the power in their stock form. Yes that Kei Office S15 was modified but it had the SpecR Sr20 original motor along with nos and other goodies but not 60k worth of modifications like alot of these sponsored drift cars. Not hating just stating the facts. When on I go on the T86 forums and ask the guys their what kind of mods they've done only a select few( not even 1 out of 10) have voided their warranty and added superchargers/turbos so although that might be an option it's not practical for people who dd their 86 who want to have fun, now maybe for the track junkie or a sponsored driver but not for the mass majority. The original post was regarding in particular JAPANESE FR LAYOUT cars but since you've mentioned GM and BMW we can go there as well. No doubt LS motors are great but I was talking sport cars not muscle cars, there clearly is a difference. BMW has some nice motors available like in 135i and 335i but when you can get a fully loaded 335i near the same price as the Shelby Gt500 its blasphemous if you ask me. German cars are too expensive to play,not to mention how heavy they are the poeple over at BMW really ought to put their so called sport cars on a diet,but that's just me
The Modern Japanese sports cars are within 10-30hp of the Super Sports carTs. They turn similar quarter miles for a fraction of the price or complexity while also have loads more safety and technology features.

I don't follow your tangent about the Kei Office car vs other modern pro-drifters. Drifting is a sport - a sport that generates money. Without rules limiting modifications the cars will continue to get more outrageous and expensive. People hate on NASCAR for not being F1 but at the end of the day - only Ferrari competes in F1 while NASCAR has over 180 teams and you still see smaller teams and independence race. This is because the rules in NASCAR make it possible to build and support a car for the fraction of the price of a F1 car. Cheap cars and cheap racing seasons mean more people can play and be competitive. I'm all for a two class Drift-series.

As far as the new FRZ owners not modifying their cars - duh. They are brand new cars. In 1993 people didn't walk into a Toyota dealership, drop 45k down (nearly 65k today) on a Supra TT and immediately modify it for 700whp. Same is true for the 240SX - it wasn't until ~2000 that people began swapping engines and creating the scene we know today.

Muscle cars... MUSCLE CARS. Puhleazzz. That term makes me think of 4,000lb 30ft long cars from the 1960's like the Charger RT, Impala SS and GTO. Today's Pony Cars - the Camaro and Mustang, are fucking killing it. Mustang GT nearly matches and M3 in performance and the Boss fucking body slams it's Teutonic ass into the tarmac. While both are "weighty", they are handle and brake extremely well. Aftermarket is limitless.

The Corvette (LS-engines) is an honest to god sports car, unlike the Supra, 300ZX, 240SX, etc.

As far as BMW's pricing - leave off the options! It's not like a Supra MKIV came with HIDs, DVD Nav, Bluetooth iPond sink, heated-cooled-vibrating-ball-massasing sports seats, SMG III, etc. But I hear you on the price - but as I've stated, the Super Sports cars where all in the $45-60k range back in the day, in today's money. They where only bargain's in that they offered Ferrari + Lamburgini performance numbers for a quarter the price.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #50
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yes they are, I love Soarers and JZX100's they represented an iconic car that will never be replicated. The Soared and JZX100 for their time were luxurious, standard with leather,ac,cup holders,moonroof,etc all the amenities for dd and yet they still had jz motors and so you could enjoy them at the track and they were more than reliable and weren't very expensive to maintain. We really missed out on these type of cars here in the states, a car that could multi-task on the street and at the track, that were affordable. We did get the Soarer here but Japan never intended for our versions to be modded which is evident by the lack of 5-speeds that were available and the lack of the turbo version of their jz motors that came.

Nobody.

FUCKING NOBODY...

Tracked a SC300 new.

MSRP was $36,700 - that is $60,000 today. The SC430 never moved up in price, it just kept up with inflation. I will admit they are solid cars that have aged very well, when taken car of. Sadly many fell into the hands of inner-city morons looking for a "luxury car" and have been seriously neglected. The car also hides in the shadow of it's brother the Supra.

If they had frameless windows I'd be all over it.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #51
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
I almost went on a tirade after reading this lol but it's sunday the lord's day so I'll restrain from taking it up a notch but again I was talking about Japanese FR LAYOUT cars
Ha we'll it is zilvia, you have to be careful what you post, because they will go for blood, no worries I wouldn't of taken it personal, just trying to contribute to zilvia
Old 07-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #52
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
The Modern Japanese sports cars are within 10-30hp of the Super Sports carTs. They turn similar quarter miles for a fraction of the price or complexity while also have loads more safety and technology features.

I don't follow your tangent about the Kei Office car vs other modern pro-drifters. Drifting is a sport - a sport that generates money. Without rules limiting modifications the cars will continue to get more outrageous and expensive. People hate on NASCAR for not being F1 but at the end of the day - only Ferrari competes in F1 while NASCAR has over 180 teams and you still see smaller teams and independence race. This is because the rules in NASCAR make it possible to build and support a car for the fraction of the price of a F1 car. Cheap cars and cheap racing seasons mean more people can play and be competitive. I'm all for a two class Drift-series.

As far as the new FRZ owners not modifying their cars - duh. They are brand new cars. In 1993 people didn't walk into a Toyota dealership, drop 45k down (nearly 65k today) on a Supra TT and immediately modify it for 700whp. Same is true for the 240SX - it wasn't until ~2000 that people began swapping engines and creating the scene we know today.

Muscle cars... MUSCLE CARS. Puhleazzz. That term makes me think of 4,000lb 30ft long cars from the 1960's like the Charger RT, Impala SS and GTO. Today's Pony Cars - the Camaro and Mustang, are fucking killing it. Mustang GT nearly matches and M3 in performance and the Boss fucking body slams it's Teutonic ass into the tarmac. While both are "weighty", they are handle and brake extremely well. Aftermarket is limitless.

The Corvette (LS-engines) is an honest to god sports car, unlike the Supra, 300ZX, 240SX, etc.

As far as BMW's pricing - leave off the options! It's not like a Supra MKIV came with HIDs, DVD Nav, Bluetooth iPond sink, heated-cooled-vibrating-ball-massasing sports seats, SMG III, etc. But I hear you on the price - but as I've stated, the Super Sports cars where all in the $45-60k range back in the day, in today's money. They where only bargain's in that they offered Ferrari + Lamburgini performance numbers for a quarter the price.
Yea I like a few of the american cars on the current market. Z06 and in particular the ShelbyGT500. That car is a blast and is probably the only sport car/super car that is worth it's price. Drove that car few months ago and it's the total package and has everything you would want in a car and it felt great even though it was tail happy even with traction control on. I appreciate cars like that and I would classify that car as fun. I still separate most of the american muscle from the sport car department because I don't feel they're track(not drag strips) friendly cars. Yes they're heavy but they need to be so that those powerful motors don't put the driver at risk for daily driving, I don't have a problem with their weight they definitely are considered GOD at least here on the 405 freeway nothing can compare but on the track they are average at best. I do agree that the MUSCLE CLASS has definitely made serious strides and they have almost evened the playing field if your looking for the best bang for the buck sporty car.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #53
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Nobody.

FUCKING NOBODY...

Tracked a SC300 new.

MSRP was $36,700 - that is $60,000 today. The SC430 never moved up in price, it just kept up with inflation. I will admit they are solid cars that have aged very well, when taken car of. Sadly many fell into the hands of inner-city morons looking for a "luxury car" and have been seriously neglected. The car also hides in the shadow of it's brother the Supra.

If they had frameless windows I'd be all over it.

Of course SC300's were never tracked here in the states new, I was speaking more for the people in Japan who track their soarers new, and they've never had any real impact here in the states you'll see a few used for drifting and a few here and there that look dope like in the picture you posted. Yes black people love Lexus it's entry level luxury and the older luxury cars(like the soarer) still have leather,ac,cup holders, and hold good resale value, etc. I always thought it was Outer City morons(bcuz they/we get left out) who screwed up the car scene.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #54
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I respect your opinion as well but I think you kind've said it in a nutshell most of the mid 2000s cars require a swap or nos or tons of bolt ons to really enjoy them. If i was the age I am now during 99 I think I could probably afford everything except a VR4,FD,Supra, and NSX. Realistically in 99 I would've opted for a lightly used FC turbo or a zenki s14(I like the zenki face more than the kouki). I've driven modified versions of all the cars you've mentioned I just prefer cars that don't require motor swaps to enjoy them and that's the biggest issues I have about most of the 2000s car in particular the FRS.
I hear ya man. But at the same time a s14 isnt all that great in stock form lol it's slow as shit and stock very bland. A z33 is funner and more powerfull stock vs stock. In 99 a s14 being only 3/4yrs old is still gona hold a hefty price tag lol And to swap and mod on top.
Fuck my cressida off the showroom floor was a $28,000 luxury car in 92 haha. I paid $650 for it 3years ago and is the funnest thing I've ever owned to date. But I sure as hell wouldn't pay 10k or w.e it was in 99 and modify it lol. Granted who in their right mind mods a cressida lmao.
I will say I wish it was 99 there's to many illestjdmhellaflush cars and drifters nowdays haha. Evrything is beat to shit from pre 90's as well.
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #55
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yea I like a few of the american cars on the current market. Z06 and in particular the ShelbyGT500. That car is a blast and is probably the only sport car/super car that is worth it's price. Drove that car few months ago and it's the total package and has everything you would want in a car and it felt great even though it was tail happy even with traction control on. I appreciate cars like that and I would classify that car as fun. I still separate most of the american muscle from the sport car department because I don't feel they're track(not drag strips) friendly cars. Yes they're heavy but they need to be so that those powerful motors don't put the driver at risk for daily driving, I don't have a problem with their weight they definitely are considered GOD at least here on the 405 freeway nothing can compare but on the track they are average at best. I do agree that the MUSCLE CLASS has definitely made serious strides and they have almost evened the playing field if your looking for the best bang for the buck sporty car.
Once again, on a tack - like with turns, a Mustang GT nearly matches the holly-grail M3 and the Boss destroys the M3. The Mustang is a solid car on the track stock and with aftermarket can be made into a monster.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #56
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Of course SC300's were never tracked here in the states new, I was speaking more for the people in Japan who track their soarers new, and they've never had any real impact here in the states you'll see a few used for drifting and a few here and there that look dope like in the picture you posted. Yes black people love Lexus it's entry level luxury and the older luxury cars(like the soarer) still have leather,ac,cup holders, and hold good resale value, etc. I always thought it was Outer City morons(bcuz they/we get left out) who screwed up the car scene.
I wasn't trying to infer black people with my urban comment. It was just I've never seen "country folk" go all "ermagawdd it's a lexus/benz/bmw" like I do the morons in the cities.

People of low economic status from the city (regardless of race) buy the busted as luxury cars to show off to they're equally broke ass friends- people from the sticks in similar situations are driving early 90's Tahoes and 80's K2500s with bald O/R tires and cherry bomb exhausts thinking their badd asses.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #57
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
People in the sticks are driving 'Merica.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #58
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Once again, on a tack - like with turns, a Mustang GT nearly matches the holly-grail M3 and the Boss destroys the M3. The Mustang is a solid car on the track stock and with aftermarket can be made into a monster.
Ok I'll take your word on it because I've never been on a time attack track with another mustang so I honestly wouldn't know
Old 07-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #59
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
I hear ya man. But at the same time a s14 isnt all that great in stock form lol it's slow as shit and stock very bland. A z33 is funner and more powerfull stock vs stock. In 99 a s14 being only 3/4yrs old is still gona hold a hefty price tag lol And to swap and mod on top.
Fuck my cressida off the showroom floor was a $28,000 luxury car in 92 haha. I paid $650 for it 3years ago and is the funnest thing I've ever owned to date. But I sure as hell wouldn't pay 10k or w.e it was in 99 and modify it lol. Granted who in their right mind mods a cressida lmao.
I will say I wish it was 99 there's to many illestjdmhellaflush cars and drifters nowdays haha. Evrything is beat to shit from pre 90's as well.

Yessir those s14's still hold a hefty price tag, here in socal stock ka zenki's go for almost 10k you would think the president initiated an executive order to intentionally charge drift tax it's pretty bad but your absolutely right all the 90s car are beat to hell. I actually ran into a middle aged guy at a Pep Boys few days ago with a 92 180sx body original stock motor and original red paint job, engine bay looked very clean,everything fully loaded moon roof, power everything, original wheels that looked brand new, he had only 57k on the chassis. I tried to buy it off him right then and there for 4k but he told me it was a hand me down car that he got from his parents so he would never be selling it, but a 90s car like that is virtually impossible to find. I'm just hoping these rx8's keep losing their value so I can buy the body for like 5k and sr swap it!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #60
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
Ha we'll it is zilvia, you have to be careful what you post, because they will go for blood, no worries I wouldn't of taken it personal, just trying to contribute to zilvia

yea i was joking, let them go for blood if they want,I'll tell you like Braga told Toretto "don't worry about them,their harmless!"