Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 10-06-2003, 03:45 PM   #151
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by westboroughpimp
I'd like to organize somthing a little more "driving oriented". You know for people who like to "drive" their "cars" through "turns". No parking lots, no show cars. dented fenders and stripped interiors kind of thing.
I sure hope you are not talking about my lady... she's super 240sxy on the outside and mod'd for turns... and the dented fenders and stripped interiors are not needed for what you like to do... I make *controlled* mountain passes all the time in my s14... like NZO said... if you want to crash do it on your own time man!
Old 10-06-2003, 04:05 PM   #152
Var
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Var
Quote:
Originally posted by iEATrice
I sure hope you are not talking about my lady... she's super 240sxy on the outside and mod'd for turns... and the dented fenders and stripped interiors are not needed for what you like to do... I make *controlled* mountain passes all the time in my s14... like NZO said... if you want to crash do it on your own time man!
People showed up. No one was talking. I went around and looked at the tight cars(props to everyone for their rides) Then i figured this was it. It was a little boring. And where was the guy with the sodas?!? I was thirsty! Hey guys i didnt mean it to be totally demeaning, it was just my opinion of the meet. The dented fenders and stripped interior thing was a joke, and i also make controlled mountain passes all the time. I havent's yet crashed a car in 5 1/2 years of driving muscle cars and sportscars..knock on wood. I dont know why you assume i crash my car. So YOU go crash YOUR car on YOUR own time. And dont do it on the next meet when we go driving.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 04:57 PM   #153
mililani
Leaky Injector

mililani is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mililani Send a message via Yahoo to mililani
what are mountain passes?
mililani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:46 PM   #154
someguy_240
Zilvia Member

someguy_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to someguy_240
Just wanted to say thanks for the meet it was my first and had a blast.

I had a Black 98, stock looking

Hopefully we can do it again soon!
Daniel
someguy_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:47 PM   #155
JH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
JH is making a name for him/her selfJH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Hah, you obviously didnt see my car. After D&B's i decided that the meet was super lame so didnt bother going to the other spots. Bad place to meet. I'd like to organize somthing a little more "driving oriented". You know for people who like to "drive" their "cars" through "turns". No parking lots, no show cars. dented fenders and stripped interiors kind of thing.
Oh, you mean a meet of northern california 240sx owners?
If you thought those cars at the meet were show cars... ohhhh man....
When norcal 240 folks get together for a drive, I so fear this will happen:
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...5&pagenumber=1
JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:03 PM   #156
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
hehh show cars? we're not civic drivers ya know ...oh yeah damn you jon for cappin on my auto 240 ..i plan to do a conversion soon so that should be fun.

even if it was mostly everyone standing around, i did meet some coo ppl.. including my next door neighbor back home hahah.
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 07:19 PM   #157
black180sx
Zilvia Member

black180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by iEATrice
Hey black180sx... why no moving shots or clear ones of NZO and me??? J/K I know it's hard for your passenger to stick his head out while you're turning LOL! Nice pics anyway... even though there were like 50+ cars there and you only got like 10 or less LOL!
haha did u see the flash while driving? Too bad there were cars in front of us for most of the drive. Yah.... I was pretty lazy about taking pics.
black180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #158
JH
Zilvia Member

JH is making a name for him/her selfJH is making a name for him/her self
Ok ok.. I took one pic at the event:
JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 07:53 PM   #159
95Blue240sx
Post Whore!

95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection

OwN3D!

Please leave me feedback

Last edited by 95Blue240sx; 10-06-2003 at 08:47 PM..
95Blue240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:18 PM   #160
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Hey nokeone, sorry I didnt get to meet you and have you help me out with the HE coilovers. I was being antisocial as well that day. I was lazy and hot all day. For some reason Im diggin that big ass panda on the side of your car. Figured it was yours.

Same with you scott. Still need to talk to you about the lsd...once i get the money. hehe.

All in all the meet was great. Just wish the security didnt have to come every 5 minutes asking us to leave. The drive was fun too...dam celica in front of me..

still need to get those pics up.....i will eventually!
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:39 PM   #161
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Re: Re: Nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Danio
Yeah, even though Art was revving like crazy just before leaving, which was probably why they showed up. Thumbs down for Art!
You know what? The cops were already turning into the lot as we left (In fact, I shifted right in front of them at a good 40MPH -- Over the speed limit AND loud-ass "ppsht") and they didn't even waste their time pulling me over. And I was the last one out of the lot to boot (which means they obviously must've seen us coming a mile away)

If the cops came, it wasn't cus of me. And given that they didn't bother pulling me over I don't think they cared that much. (Later on, those of us who went to Golfland ended up at Q-Cup and spoke to a guy that organizes SRO meets -- he told us that there's actually a few bike cops in the area that are cool with the meets, which is prolly why they didn't trip)

Frankly it wasn't the most intelligent thing I've done but I'm not gonna make excuses for it.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:44 PM   #162
kazuo
Post Whore!

kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone

i think my car was the most ghetto there...lol...
haha yes but its tite cus its two-tone!! the vinyl was pretty nice. i didnt get much of a chance to look cus i was tired/sleepy/irritated and we took off to Golfland.

But I don't think it was nearly as bad as what my car looked like at the last meet... that **** nearly brought me to tears. yours wasnt THAT bad. no bumper, no fenders... no biggie.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:49 PM   #163
kazuo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hah, you obviously didnt see my car. After D&B's i decided that the meet was super lame so didnt bother going to the other spots. Bad place to meet. I'd like to organize somthing a little more "driving oriented". You know for people who like to "drive" their "cars" through "turns". No parking lots, no show cars. dented fenders and stripped interiors kind of thing.

Did you not look around? Mismatched panels, dents everyone, people with no fenders/bumpers/primer everything/broke-this-broke-that... show cars? I didn't see anything that could come close to being called a "show car." (Except for maybe one of the dimes, and even that is stretching it)

There were no "show cars"

There were stripped interiors, dented fenders, battle scars a plenty.

Stop tryin to act like you're better than everyone else. Just don't come to meets at all if thats the attitude you're gonna have.

But I will give you that whoever came up with meeting @ D&B's was smoking a fatty. Great Mall meets are a BAD idea...
Old 10-06-2003, 09:58 PM   #164
kazuo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by JH

When norcal 240 folks get together for a drive, I so fear this will happen:
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...5&pagenumber=1
Uhh we've been on drives several times, and the worst that has happened was one guy (from Frisco, I know him name but it escapes me at the moment) went into the side of a hill for whatever reason (go look at the BBQ thread)

Then again we weren't driving that "hard" seeing that there was like 20 or so cars on a two-way, two-lane PUBLIC HIGHWAY at like two in the afternoon...

I don't think we'll be doing any tofu runs with 20-plus cars in broad daylight...
Old 10-06-2003, 11:39 PM   #165
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
oOops.....that was me.. haha I just though that it could be good at the great mall because they have a big enough parking lot for the 50 plus cars that showed up. Malibu was the other choice but I decided it would be too small after all the people that replied.

Next time it will be somewhere else...(McCarthy Ranch again?!) oh wells it was fun anyways...
Drift Unit
Old 10-06-2003, 11:42 PM   #166
projectsilvia1
Leaky Injector

projectsilvia1 is an unknown quantity at this point
all in all the meet was just that, A meet. This wasn't some kind of get together for a race up some random hwy...there were some nice cars and some bad cars but you know what everyone starts somewhere. So for those that thought it was lame and what not then go find some other group to drive with. Or start your own meet! Dont get all butt hurt cause we didn't go on some high speed run so that you could show off your skills. It was nice meeting some ppl that i only talk to on aim and it was coo seeing old friends. Oh yea and props out to lloyd(demented) for driving over a hour i think to show up to this meet.
Later
Mike
red hatch with black lip
projectsilvia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:00 AM   #167
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by kazuo

Stop tryin to act like you're better than everyone else. Just don't come to meets at all if thats the attitude you're gonna have.
wtf is your problem man? I said i was kidding about the show car statement. Why does everyone get so tough when they're back behind their computer screens? BTW which car were you in? I'd like to know who im speaking to.

Last edited by Var; 10-07-2003 at 12:08 AM..
Old 10-07-2003, 12:27 AM   #168
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
I think that although Kazuo was being a little harsh, I do see his point. You just have to understand that a lot of the people at the meet make driving a big part of thier lives...it's not about show at all for most of us. If you wanted to see a stripped car you should have come checked mine out. It ws the hatch s13 that was primered.

We had a drive after the BBQ I threw last month...I think there were like 15 cars...you could NOT do anymore than that.

If you really want to drive you should just go out with your friends...otherwise it's just to many people to keep track of.

Sorry to see that you didn't have a better time at the meet.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:29 AM   #169
kazuo
Post Whore!

Quote:
wtf is your problem man? I said i was kidding about the show car statement. Why does everyone get so tough when they're back behind their computer screens? BTW which car were you in? I'd like to know who im speaking to.
I was in the beat-all-to-**** two-tone S13 that was five different colors.

And I'm not "acting tough" -- I'm telling you that if you're just gonna sit there and complain about the meets being "whack" or "lame" or whatever you wanna call it just because we didn't go on some tofu run with 50 cars (that wasn't what the meet was for anyways).

I'm not tryin to start ****, all I'm sayin' is if all you're gonna do is complain about this n that and judge people then just don't come out. We're out tryin to talk to people, have a little fun, maybe go on drives or whatever. Not trying to critize each other cus we don't "drive our cars"

Shrugh.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:33 AM   #170
Var
Post Whore!

OK. I apologize for accusing you of acting tough. I wasnt judging anyone. I made a joke about the meet because i found it boring. I came on the forum and expressed my opinion of it in hopes of the next one being better. I guess i have to personally organize and actual drive if i want one. understood. have a nice day
Old 10-07-2003, 12:34 AM   #171
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hey chica, are your seats comfortable on long drives? i was thinkin of gettin some of those
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:47 AM   #172
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
ehh...maybe it'll be better next meet
Old 10-07-2003, 12:47 AM   #173
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by JH
Ok ok.. I took one pic at the event:
hahahah...oh man...i think i'm laughing too hard to be ashamed...lol...

edit: resized it for you..sorry
Old 10-07-2003, 12:48 AM   #174
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

c'mon..meets are how you make it..if you just stand around and not talk, its GONNA be boring.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:53 AM   #175
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by ootranceformeroo
Hey nokeone, sorry I didnt get to meet you and have you help me out with the HE coilovers. I was being antisocial as well that day. I was lazy and hot all day. For some reason Im diggin that big ass panda on the side of your car. Figured it was yours.

no worries man...Scott and i showed up super late..next time we'll be sure to hook up and i'll be happy to take a look at the HE's...and next time i wanna try to meet more people in person from this board..

haha..yeah i guess the panda was pretty hard to miss...thanks though man...a friend and i did the whole design from scratch ourselves...so i appreciate any possitive feed back...
Old 10-07-2003, 12:57 AM   #176
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
haha yes but its tite cus its two-tone!! the vinyl was pretty nice. i didnt get much of a chance to look cus i was tired/sleepy/irritated and we took off to Golfland.

But I don't think it was nearly as bad as what my car looked like at the last meet... that **** nearly brought me to tears. yours wasnt THAT bad. no bumper, no fenders... no biggie.
haha...true true, yours was pretty bad..

man, sorry i didn't come up and say hi..i was talking to Georgia a bit and then i was looking around and she said you guys rolled out to play some Initial D..so next time for sure though..

and i was DIGGIN!! the collage that you call a car..
Old 10-07-2003, 02:20 AM   #177
Danio
Zilvia FREAK!

Danio is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Nice

Quote:
...he told us that there's actually a few bike cops in the area that are cool with the meets, which is prolly why they didn't trip
Yah they didn't make us leave or anything, which was why this pic was possible... LOL thanks BJ. In fact one of the officers recognized someone at the meet and chatted with him for a while. And later we watched him chat on his cell phone, haha...
Danio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:27 AM   #178
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

aww we missed the cops hah.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:01 AM   #179
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

hmm...I will just have to match the screen names and pics of the cars with the owner of the cars. ahha that will be tough.

Hey did anyone catch one of the officers stall on his bike and try to play it off? ahahaha I know me and NZO did. The officer started up his bike and all of a sudden....chhh and it was off and he started looking around smiling to see if anyone saw him.....haha boy that made my day!
Drift Unit
Old 10-07-2003, 03:32 AM   #180
Danio
Zilvia FREAK!

Danio is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw Art stall. ^_^

Heh heh just for fun...
Danio is offline   Reply With Quote