Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
SED180

Trader Rating: (0)
SED180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help w/ 3105v (350+) viper alarm in 240sx

Hello all! I'm very excited to join the forum as I have recently purchased a 1990 240sx. I've decided to install a 3105v (350+) Viper alarm in the vehicle, however I can't get the alarm to chirp or turn on at all.. Here is what I have wired:

Red/white to (-) trunk light
Red to driver kick panel constant 12+V
Brown to siren (+) (red wire on siren, black wire is grounded)
Black to ground (filed mount to be sure it has good connection. Tested by touching siren's red wire to constant and siren chirped so ground works..)
Violet not run to anything yet
Blue to (-) trunk light
Green run to door signal wire
Black/white not run to anything yet
White/blue run to (+) parking light (I think this needs switched to (-) parking light wire, but would think alarm would still turn on?)
White to (+) parking light

Orange is run to relay, which is setup like this:
Green to ignition side of harness(think it was black/white?)
Black to starter side of ignition harness(black/yellow?)
Then the yellow wire is run to a constant 12+V wire

When I plug the harness in, along with the antenna, I get nothing.. I'm not really sure what I am missing? I've tested the mother board of the brain to confirm it is getting 12.5V w/ the key out of the ignition. The car runs fine with everything working that I tapped into so I'm fairly confident the wiring is ok..

I've been searching for a few hours trying to figure out what it may be, but its hard to figure out because 350+ isnt very common cause its the base model and the higher up models have slight changes. I've noticed a lot of similarities between other models as well as far as wiring, but i still feel i have it just about right for the 350+ setup. Anyone know what's up?
SED180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
techbiker

Trader Rating: (0)
techbiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know that this thread is months old, but I would like to point out a few problems with your setup.

I just installed a 350 plus on my sister's Scion TC and the red/white wire should be for output 2. This is to tell the car to pop the trunk, etc. Not to notify the alarm of an open trunk.

2. If the 240sx has a (-) parking light wire, you might have damaged the alarm cpu, etc. by testing it in positive mode.

3. The yellow wire should be tapped into an ignition wire (12v while ignition is on).

Finally, I will have to check again but isn't the white/blue wire another output? If so, it should not be connected to the parking light wire.

Any one of these issues might have damaged the alarm controller. I would correct them, then try testing again. If you still have a problem, you can investigate the circuit board and see if you have any damaged components.
techbiker is offline   Reply With Quote