Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
McDannyboy

Trader Rating: (0)
McDannyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Help! Broken door lock

Hi all,
So today when I went to unlock the door to my car (an s13 with manual doors if that makes a difference), the key cylinder kept turning until it had made about 3 or 4 complete revolutions. Curious I drove home and took off the door panel only to discover that the metal piece that attaches the key cylinder to the rod that unlocks the door had sheared off. I checked courtesy parts and realized I couldn't buy just that piece and I would have to buy a whole new lock. What are your guys thoughts on how to fix it? JB weld maybe?
Thanks in advance for the help!
McDannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
See if there are any S13's in your local junk yard. Pay them a visit & get the part from there.

If that is not an option, then go to the Market Place here on Zilvia & see if anyone is parting out their S13. Hit them up for the part & see what price they quote you for part & shipping. If you're lucky you might find someone local to you that's got the part you need and you can drive down & pick it up.

Other option is try the dealer....

Hope this helps...

ID