Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
pole drift

Trader Rating: (0)
pole drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Nissan Cefiro A31

Well for once i actually got a good car!!!!

Most people know this car and its history, i fucking love it!!!

And the spec

Engine Spec
-rb20det
-apexi air filter
-autobahn88 hard suction pipe
-autobahn88 intercooler
-TD05 turbo
-GTR injectors
-stainless elbow, downpipe, exhaust, and shotgun end section
-Nistune ECU 389bhp and 346 lbft at the fly at 1.2 bar with all the dyno sheets to prove.

Drivetrain and footwork
-new exedy clutch
-2 way diff which has locks strong both on accel and deceleration
-Tein coilovers
-Driftworks complete hicas elimination kit
-Some form of uprated tension rods

Exterior
-Origin style kit
-Nismo bonnet vent
- Facelift lights which are a million times better than what you see on other cefiros!

Interior
-KTS 6 point rollcage
-Nismo gearknob
pole drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
Awesome man! Love your head lights!

I just got mine last month!
got any extra parts?
I really need a/c lines. Let me know if you do I need the ones from the compressor to the condenser and firewall.

here is my thread: http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...an-cefiro.html

Keep this updated i love to see what you do! more cefiros the better!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
pole drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRB View Post
Awesome man! Love your head lights!

I just got mine last month!
got any extra parts?
I really need a/c lines. Let me know if you do I need the ones from the compressor to the condenser and firewall.

here is my thread: http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...an-cefiro.html

Keep this updated i love to see what you do! more cefiros the better!
Im not sure if im keeping the a/c it might be nice during the summer. What parts are you looking for cos I know of a complete car for breaking without running gear and suspension. Ill update this soon
Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
pole drift

Picked up a steering wheel and a works bell snap off boss kit for added piece of mind

Ill probably change the wheel again for something a bit fancier but ill be getting decent wheels before that!!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
pole drift

Started to make a list of what needs to be done.

-Battery is loose so it needs to be secured
-Rear door window wont close properly
-Looks like there was a sound system in the boot at some time, the wires need to be ripped out for the amp
-The horn doesnt work(the cars horn, not mine)
-The speedo isnt working and neither is the rev gauge

Fitted the works bell snap off kit with the dished steering wheel i got, the wheel is very close to where im sitting

The body work isnt too bad but there's a few bits that need to be sorted, like the side skirts and mounting the bumpers properly.

Gave it a wash and started to polish it but it started to drizzle so i brought it into the garage, took out all the seats and gave it a good hoover, and while the seats were out I wiped out the roll cage as the colour has faded so im gonna sand it down and give it a fresh coat of paint. Car looks so strange without the cage

Old 10-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
pole drift

Got my wheels, Rota Boost 17x8J. They'll do until I find wheels with some dish.

Managed to get around to trying the wheels on the front, need spacers to bring them out as the previous owner had flared the shit out of them

Also got the chip in the windscreen fixed, parts are rare enough for this without searching for a windscreen!!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
pole drift

Took the car for a little spin earlier, funny when some random farmer pulls into the petrol station and shouts over "shes some lovely lookin machine that yoke" ha ha

Im in the market for new wheels to fill the arches, 18x10J all round thinkin of getting another set of SSR's as they really suited the car when PeterT had them, ill hold onto the Rota's for messing

Took a few pics while i was out, the rota's are actually really nice on this i think.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
pole drift

Spent the day prepping the cage for paint, the pink that was on the cage had faded and i wanted to clean it up, so using a patio heater and an old light stand i had i made up a stand to spray the bars of the roll cage

I sprayed it pink again, i hate it. Gonna strip the paint off it again and decide on the paint again. Im thinking about either green or blue
Old 11-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
pole drift

Got my seat back from the valeter today, now I just need to get the holes stitched and get the rail

Old 11-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #10
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
you should buy my wheels.
18x10+12 all around.
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuck ya man! I love your car wish we could have them in the u.s. without a ton of b.s.
i like its still got the rb20 and has good #'s. I have a mx83 with a rb20, 240sx suspension and more, my soloution to a laurel or cefiro lol.
def watching this one forsure!
Should put up some bay pics man.
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #12
pole drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
you should buy my wheels.
18x10+12 all around.
Those are some sexy rims, however the car is 4 stud and im trying to get my hands on a set of these bad boys!!#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
Fuck ya man! I love your car wish we could have them in the u.s. without a ton of b.s.
i like its still got the rb20 and has good #'s. I have a mx83 with a rb20, 240sx suspension and more, my soloution to a laurel or cefiro lol.
def watching this one forsure!
Should put up some bay pics man.
ill get a few pics of the engine bay up for ya dude, im thinkin of paintin it Kawasaki green like i did with my 180sx

Old 11-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
pole drift

Engine pics as requested

Fancy oil catch can
Old 11-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
pole drift

Right I always wanted to get this yoke up in the air and have a proper look under it, not 100% happy with what iv discovered!!

How the arm should be

What the other side looks like, this will explain why the car pulls to one side!!

And instead of actually removing the HICAS and looping the system the pipes were just bent over. The power steering fluid was leaking out of the pipes so ill be fully removing this and sorting it out, basically doing a proper job.

On the up side iv been told that the coilovers are awesome Tein HR coilovers or something like that

Also for some random reason the passenger side headlamp is broken, ill need to put a fish in the light

Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
nice man, that sucks always finding b.s. you weren't expecting lol
bay should look dope painted that. You plan on a forward plenum? actually cleans up nice and removes a ton of piping. I have my i.c. flipped and high mounted with a foot and a half of piping on each side.
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
pole drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
nice man, that sucks always finding b.s. you weren't expecting lol
bay should look dope painted that. You plan on a forward plenum? actually cleans up nice and removes a ton of piping. I have my i.c. flipped and high mounted with a foot and a half of piping on each side.
There's a GTR style plenum for sale over here in Ireland but i dont really see the point in buying it!!! The car has nearly 400BHP which is plenty in a road car, maybe too much. Im just gonna drive the shit out of it, much to my girlfriends dislike!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #17
pole drift

Treated the car to some Driftworks adjustable arms for the rear. Since the car has the Driftworks HICAS lockout kit there is already toe arms on the car so with the camber arms and the traction arms its pretty much the back end sorted, all that's left to do is the alignment.

Collected another few bits for the car, gonna try make them fit and if that doesn't work then up for sale they go (friends always get first refusal )

First off is this engine damper, I know this is for an SR20 but since this car uses all S body suspension the R32 engine damper won't bolt on. So ill see if I can make up some sort of a bracket to make it fit.

Next is a Cusco oil catch tank, the Lucozade spec one looks like it'll destroy the engine bay if the oil comes out!!

Then I got this alloy coolant bottle, in order to be able to fit this the HICAS pipes will need to removed which I plan on doing anyway.

Tried to repair the headlight last night but could only glue a few pieces of glass back in, so I ran a couple of layers of tape over the top of the light and job done, it probably won't pass an nct but it'll stop the water getting in

Also got the paint for the cage, gonna spray up some of it tonight and see how it goes. Then get everything bolted up and ready for mondello on Sunday

I got my seat rail today

Iv no pictures of it in the car, but its low!! Feels like your sitting in the back, you kinda are as my shoulders are behind the B pillar. It'll be interesting to see what position I can have the seat in when I have the cage back in the car
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #18
Cefiro_506

Cefiro_506 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Guys! I'm form Costa Rica and I own a A31 Cefiro (here it's called Laurel Altima). I'm looking forward to work a little on the suspension and since it's such a rare car here I'm wondering if it shares some parts with the S13/240sx??? I'm talking about shocks, springs, bushings, etc... any idea?

Thanks for any help you can give, I love my car and I'm trying to bring it up again!
Cefiro_506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #19
pole drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cefiro_506 View Post
Hi Guys! I'm form Costa Rica and I own a A31 Cefiro (here it's called Laurel Altima). I'm looking forward to work a little on the suspension and since it's such a rare car here I'm wondering if it shares some parts with the S13/240sx??? I'm talking about shocks, springs, bushings, etc... any idea?

Thanks for any help you can give, I love my car and I'm trying to bring it up again!
All the suspension is S13 which is the beauty about this car
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
CefiroA31

CefiroA31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cefiro_506 View Post

A31 can use all s13 suspension and brake parts, difference are s13 springs+shocks will make a31 lower almost an inch iirc.

A31 is basically same as C33 Laurel only different exterior sheetmetal between them, both use same as r32 floorpan and engine bay with same as s13 suspension and brakes.
CefiroA31 is offline   Reply With Quote