Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
Maloner

Trader Rating: (0)
Maloner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14/15 sr20det Maf on s13 blacktop sr20det

I apologize to anyone who finds this an easy thing to find out w/ research, but I am not coming up with anything. I feel like issues people run into are too specific sometimes to find a good search.

Anyways. I'm swapping an s13 blacktop into my 98 kouki. I've basically got all the pieces, but I've just realized 1 of 2 things.

1. The pigtail for the MAF I bought doesn't fit the MAF I bought (bought the parts at seperate times, one from a store, one from the interwebs)
2. The MAF I have is an s14/15 sr20det MAF.

I'll be running the blacktop s13 sr 100% stock w/ an e5 ecu, so there is no need to question modifications and the wiring will be 100% stout.

My question(s) being:

- Is the s14/15 maf going to be compatible with the e5 ecu or will I have problems?
- If not, is it a matter of switching wires around from the pigtail?
- What would I need to make the MAF work with the ecu?

I've spent about all my munz on each of the components and this is the last area that's still up in the air.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (even directing me to the right area for gaining knowledge)
Maloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
S14/15 MAFS' are different on account of VVT (maybe acouple other things too- not too savvy on 14/15 SR). Not a matter of switching wires around- it's not the right part; and no matter what, your E5 ECU won't read it properly.

Best choice is an S13 SR20 MAFS- then your pigtail will fit perfectly. Sell the 14/15 MAFS & use the money to get an S13 one. Easy peasy.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
S14/15 MAFS' are different on account of VVT (maybe acouple other things too- not too savvy on 14/15 SR). Not a matter of switching wires around- it's not the right part; and no matter what, your E5 ECU won't read it properly.

Best choice is an S13 SR20 MAFS- then your pigtail will fit perfectly. Sell the 14/15 MAFS & use the money to get an S13 one. Easy peasy.
Not sure i agree, but maybe that is because i dont understand properly (we dont have SRs in S13 where i live, they come in S14&S15).

What i know is S14 MAF with reference 69F00 has the same electrical response as the S14a MAF with reference 69F01. Only the plug changes. So if you have the first and need the second (or the opposite), a simple plug change will do.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Electrical range is incompatible without adjustment via SAFC-type fuel computer.

S13 SR MAFS will not work with S14/S15 SR ECU and vice-versa. Good news is that S14 is much harder to find - sell it on ebay, you will get more than enough to buy an S13 SR MAF.

Also, a SOHC 240SX 89 & 90 MAFS will work. Electrically identical, only the plug is different.
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
Maloner

Awesome! Thank you for the info! Sucks to hear but I'm glad I didn't gnar up the MAF too much. Selling and buying an s13 MAF today
Maloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
Badraymond901

Trader Rating: (1)
Badraymond901 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If u still got the maf with that pigtail I buy it from u!! Give me a pm plaese
Badraymond901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
Maloner