Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
SPL RUCA spacers not fitting

While installing SPL RUCAs on my S13 today, I wasn't able to get the joint side bolted up because the spacers were too wide to fit in the mounting point on the subframe. Am I missing something? Anyone had this problem before?
Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
I've installed RUCAs before but never had a problem. Are the spacers for S13 and S14 different sizes? Box says S13, but maybe I somehow got S14 RUCAs
Old 05-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
How much is "too wide"? Sounds like something a hammer would fix...

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Cash
Zilvia Addict

I tried prying the mount open some. They're about 5mm too wide. I'm not hammering in $350 RUCAs. Something's up, because I'm sure they should fit just as well or better than circuit sports RUCAs which I've installed in the past.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Yeah I'm guessing you have the wrong spacers then. Call SPL tomorrow and they'll get it sorted.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
The ends for s14 are roughly 5mm wider than s13.
Call tomorrow and have em send out The s13 ones, sounds like you got the wrong ones.
The only difference between the 13 and 14 ones is those cone shaped inserts. The rest of the arm is the same

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Just got off the phone with SPL, and they said the S13 and S14 spacers are the same size, so that's not the issue... I'll have to try again next weekend. I'll take pictures this time.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
My bad. It's the TOE arms that have different widths, not rucas.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Update - The problem was a previous owner installed one of the megan racing RUCAs with just one spacer. I guess they lost the other and just figured they could just tighten the piss out of the bolt and nut and all would be okay.

Anyway, installing with just one spacer pinched the mount, so I had to bend it back to 90 degree angles. Once I did that, the control arm fit in with both spacers.