Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
daveh93s13

Trader Rating: (0)
daveh93s13 is on the path to ruindaveh93s13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 s14 wiper question, ....i already searched

my 96 s14 se came with the wipers unwired, i used the search and found out how to wire it up. now that its wired, the washer function works but the wipers stay on, and when the wipers are turned on, to any position other than off, they only move at one speed and will not shut off unless the key is turned to off. i rechecked the wiring and all is correct. grounds are in place too. would it be safe to say it is the wiper amplifier that is bad? (oh yeh i have the correct wiper box, the brown one not black)
thanks
daveh93s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh93s13 View Post
my 96 s14 se came with the wipers unwired, i used the search and found out how to wire it up. now that its wired, the washer function works but the wipers stay on, and when the wipers are turned on, to any position other than off, they only move at one speed and will not shut off unless the key is turned to off. i rechecked the wiring and all is correct. grounds are in place too. would it be safe to say it is the wiper amplifier that is bad? (oh yeh i have the correct wiper box, the brown one not black)
thanks
I'm somewhat in the same boat as you man, I just picked up an s14 and the wipers don't work at all. I've looked at the fuse box and see that the fuse is in the right place but I have yet to start going through testing the amp signal and such.

The Nissan service manuals provide some info on how to adjust the intervals of the wiping and such, if you don't already have the service manual p.m. me and I will send you a link to my ftp with the service manual on it.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Sounds like your wiper amp is shot, or not wired correctly. Just like the blower motor, if it only has one speed (off or on) its the amp.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote