Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #1921
Stanced

Trader Rating: (0)
Stanced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my buddy chris' RHD Silvia....thought id put my wee lil input...lol
90'/wingless/no sunroof/no hud/5 speed(i THINK it was originally auto/NC...well...japan...but nc for now...lol

Old 05-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #1922
Pink Slut
Zilvia Member

Pink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud ofPink Slut has much to be proud of
fix that saggy lip tho, i HATE that
Old 05-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #1923
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
yeah, would look way better without any lip.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #1924
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Im really considering NOT putting a piggy lip on my silvia front.

Im also not talking about my 2tone so I guess ill shut up.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #1925
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I hate the way it looks.

Maybe because kids are always using the lip as a snow plow.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #1926
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I don't get it.... Why can't they mount it correctly? Does it not fit over the ridge on silvia front bumpers like it does stock?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #1927
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
I have all the OEM mounting hardware from the original lip and a bunch of spare shit siting around that I was planning on using, But I dunno. If i do it and it doesnt look like complete ass i might stick with it.

I guess I cant really hold my breath for a silvia lip. 2tone is getting a aero bumper asap so its not a situation i have to worry about.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #1928
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I need to find a spot that repairs urethane in the bay. My aero bumper is still sad after a car hit it during tandem.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #1929
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
s13Kurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vw203 View Post
I can play, 91 silvia K aero (all factory) my first S chassis car got it basically stock about a month ago parts arrive daily for my build. I will say I own a e46 M3 as well and have had a TON of euro cars, I absolutely love my s13 and I may never be able to part with it. Not many cars I can say that for

Color of car: tan/grey
Build date: 91
original transmission: 5sp
sunroof: no
HUD: no
wing: factory yes, now no
State: CT
black/grey interior

couple changes since these pics, have a few little nismo items shift knob braces ect and a c pillar bar as well
Can I get a paint code on this. Fuck platinum blue my car has to get repainted this color. Much more classy in my opinion.
s13Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #1930
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I need to find a spot that repairs urethane in the bay. My aero bumper is still sad after a car hit it during tandem.
I have repaired two damaged aero bumpers recently. And yes, since they are urethane you cant plastic weld them- but any urethane glue (I used selleys usethane glue) works very well. A very strong bond if the urethane is sanded before the glue is applied.

The best method i've found to work is: get a hot glue gun and from the front- use the hot glue to hold the cracks in the right position- then from the back, use a dremel to scuff up the crack and create a gulley/groove and sand all around the crack with 60/80 grit, at least 25mm on both sides of the crack. Then after the front side is all sealed up (since the urethane glue can run), apply the urethane glue and let it sit over night. then once cured, pull the hot glue off the front, and use a dremel to bevel/groove the crack on the front side. Then, if you really want a right bond- go get a 1mm drill bit and drill a bunch of holes right along either side of the crack- very tight to the crack- then run hobby wire through the holes and criss cross it and pull very tight. Then you can finish up with fiberglass filler on the front and block sand smooth. I usually only use the hobby wire if I can bevel the crack low enough so that the hobby wire wont show though the filler once it is sanded. After that, you will have a very strong repair. The urethane glue is great stuff. I can post photos if you would like?
spray2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #1931
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
http://www.cartype.com/pics/305/full/volvoc3008_08.jpg

anybody seen this color in real life? its amazing! would look fantastic on a coupe imo, the white is filled with metallic
Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #1932
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've considered downgrading to an S13 just so I can have a two-tone coupe. I love these things!
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #1933
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
I've considered downgrading to an S13 just so I can have a two-tone coupe. I love these things!
yup it is that cool
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #1934
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
s13 ain't a downgrade from nothing.

I'm offended.

especially if you have an s14
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #1935
!Zar!
Post Whore!

I've gone from s13 to s14, back to s13.

It's a downgrade.

And my car is two tone.

Fuck me.

I would trade it for an s14 in a heartbeat.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #1936
Wake
Premium Member

i have been considering buying a zenki for DD duties. However it will NOT be 2tone.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #1937
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13Kurt View Post
Can I get a paint code on this. Fuck platinum blue my car has to get repainted this color. Much more classy in my opinion.
Anybody? Mssglegnth
Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #1938
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I've gone from s13 to s14, back to s13.

It's a downgrade.

And my car is two tone.

Fuck me.

I would trade it for an s14 in a heartbeat.

obviously, I'm joking.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #1939
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Old 05-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #1940
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Im always bummed to come here and not see the stock purple two tone coupe.

Its the only 240sx i think is worth saving.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #1941
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^example photo?

edit: this one?
spray2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #1942
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
everytime i look at this thread it makes me want another two tone lol

pic of my two tone before i sold it

there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #1943
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

My twoe.
Platinum blue with blue interior
Hud
Power windows
No wing
5 speed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338254914.442703.jpg (248.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338254954.080043.jpg (203.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 05-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #1944
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

Couple more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338255295.490001.jpg (184.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338255316.959326.jpg (252.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #1945
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Im always bummed to come here and not see the stock purple two tone coupe.

Its the only 240sx i think is worth saving.
There is no such thing as a "stock purple two-tone 240SX." You will forever be bummed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray2020 View Post
I can post photos if you would like?
Please do.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #1946
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
There is no such thing as a "stock purple two-tone 240SX." You will forever be bummed out.
I always thought it was 2tone, but its just a single color.
Think its the rarest of them all though, right?
Think Ive only ever seen 1 picture of a car this color and it was for sale but in bad shape.

Lavender Metallic
Medium Lavender Metallic Clearcoat (2-tone) LG1 Touch Up Paint for 1989 Nissan 240SX

All the 1989 colors
1989 Nissan 240SX Touch Up Paint - Colors for 1989 Nissan 240SX

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post

Lavender frost. This color was offered in the US only in 1989. In Japan it was offered on the Silvia as a two-tone scheme, and was still offered on the SR-powered S13's

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/101705-s-ch...-egg-hunt.html
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #1947
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^That particular color was never offered in a two-tone scheme. We debunked that claim some time back in this very thread. But yeah, it is the rarest US S13 color, and it would look rad as a two-tone.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #1948
Wake
Premium Member

Yes to that mans statement.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #1949
ladylike
Leaky Injector

ladylike is an unknown quantity at this point