Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #661
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobestudios View Post
you cant ask for updates in the middle of the weekend, updates come on monday/tuesday, if he was updating us on the weekend that would mean he isn't working on it!
we know that were just wanna see it in a hurry already
Old 12-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #662
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUTH'LESSDET View Post
we know that were just wanna see it in a hurry already
+1. dont care. need pictures to drool over.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #663
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
so is this project complete now? amazing work to the op!
spikNspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #664
low and slow
Zilvia FREAK!

low and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfectionlow and slow is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikNspan View Post
so is this project complete now? amazing work to the op!
Done? With no windows? And who knows what else? Please, tell me you are kidding.
low and slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #665
wonkuuzenki
Zilvia Junkie

wonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-known
Hey Gavin do you mind if i come check it out sometime?
do you think you will drive it in the NM drift series next year? haha.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #666
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Oh man you guys are in a frenzy for an update huh??? Ill answer q's first!

spikNspan, no way, not even close to being done!

wonkuuzenki, send me a PM, you can def come by!

So and small update for those who asked! The crazy end-of semester time is destroying my ability to really put good time into the car in the last few weeks I did get to work on it today a bit which was nice! Since its been painted, Ive mostly been doing bits of assembly work. The doors, locks, etc have been put together (nothing worth documenting) and today I started putting together the brakes/hydraulic system. I need to put the new flare fitting into the Z32 master cyl still but I mounted it up anyhow. I also installed some brand new OEM pads for now that will work to get the car up and running (some other good pads later!), SPL SS lines, cleaned up the rusty rotors, and all the nasty caliper parts. In addition, I finished cutting away excess metal under the wheel tubs, and undercoated it! I know this sort of update isnt the most exciting, but this sort of assembly work will be fairly dominating in the next month of so while Im on my winter break. Next weekend Im shooting for my motor install, finishing my rear brakes/lines this week, and setting up the clutch lines so look out for that! With any luck at all, it will be road worthy in the spring! Here are a few shots of the work today:

Pair o' masters!

Parts to be installed, R33 GTST calipers + hardware, OEM Sumitomo Pads

NASTY rotor

Clean rotor, I <3 wire wheels!

Nastiness + Scotch brite, steel wool:

Bolted up

Lines too! Still waiting on hew hardlines

Tubs free of excess metal, tons of room at full lock!

Mmmm rubberized coatings...mmmmmm

Coated! No rustiness from here on!

Thanks, and hope you all enjoyed the boring update
Old 12-10-2007, 02:06 AM   #667
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
Awesome! The little stuff will definately add up!
J-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:09 AM   #668
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Pair o' masters!
is that a z32 booster? how was the install process? there's a discussion going on about it here...
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=167669
Old 12-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #669
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
I can't get enough of this thread.. such an awesome build.

Pacifico is pretty good.. I got the impression the Sol's is like the cheap crappy beer though
nsn240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #670
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
wow...i have never seen anything like this before.. i want to see it finished!!!
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #671
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Mmmm rubberized coatings...mmmmmm

Coated! No rustiness from here on!

i used that stuff in myspare wheels tub and it kept rubbing off and if oil gets on it and penatrates it you will have to take it all off and redo it. im not a big fan of that. thats my only concern other than that great job
Old 12-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #672
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Could you just og over it with some rattle can clear? Anyway, the hole that brake line is going through...are you thinking about putting something like a rubber grommet to keep it from cutting the line, or you think it will be okay.

Looks good...sick work with the rotors
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #673
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
s13pignose...that spot with have the factory rubber grommet once the hard-line from the master cylinder is installed!

civilized...yeah, i think a lot of that undercoating can come off, i cleaned under it well so hopefully it will stick! If not...its easy to redo!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:38 AM   #674
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Gav this thing is coming along pretty amazing man seriously. Giving that it's the holidays and all when are you projecting this to be complete by? Tracking it I hope?
Old 12-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #675
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Edgar, thanks!! Track events that i will participate in start locally Feb 2nd...I think that might be pushing it a little, but I seriously hope for completing it by march...I think that may be reasonable!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #676
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
thats alot Gavster, i have to buy a new keyboard now that ive seen this build thread!!! (mine is covered in goo now)

So glad i came across this its amazing what some people can pull off. I read all 23 pages....... wow
Old 12-13-2007, 03:43 AM   #677
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
sorry guys, I just looked at the first few pages of the thread and seeing as how they are over a year old I figured it might be done now and was just wondering. no need to get all on my case! lol.
spikNspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #678
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Haha no worries spiknspan!

So a little update for everyone...Ive been out of school for break for a few days and Im workin on the car! I feel pretty motivated so hopefully this break from school will prove fruitful as far as accomplishments on this thing goes. My short list of goals by jan 22 (when school gets back in) is to have the motor in, turbo set up fabbed, intake mani fabbed, the wiring started, and the car sanded out/buffed....its a tall order but I think its entirely possible!

So the update...Ive taken the first steps at getting the motor in for good. That first step being fabbing the new oil pan and oil pickup tube. As I mentioned a few posts ago, Im returning to wet sump for budget/simplicity reasons. As such, I had two options...modified pan/pickup and slightly modified xmember OR new xmember all together and stock pan. I chose the first option in the interest of time. I started with a stock pan, and "notched" it so to speak to gain clearance. Once i mod the existing xmember it should fit awesomely! Ill post pics of the xmember when I get it all to fit up. I did lose some oil volume, but the new pick up tube is definitely in a location where it should remain submerged and hopefully keep me from starving ::crosses fingers::. Pics and explanation to follow....also, tonight I put on all the hardlines for the brakes and clutch...they are off an S13 and fit the Z32 master perfectly...no line bending for me except for the rear line, which required mild bending to meet the junction to go to the rear of the car. I also installed the vac lines for the brake booster (which is from an ABS auto S14) which Im hoping will give me some space back there for a large downpipe, etc! Now the pics:

Stock RB Pan

Notched and mounted to the block

A rare look into the pan, haha!

Now in this pic, my notched pan, which I had planned to simply block off, shows the need for the new pick up tube, you can see the stock pickup being very much in the way of my plans...

Solution....new tube!

New tube sitting on the block...you can see how tightly it sits to the block! I needed the tightest possible vertical clearence since i lowered my motor more than a tad!

Here you can see how I eliminated much of the fitment issue

A better profile shot showing "flushness"

And the new pan, tacked and ready to weld out!

The hardline install...came out super clean!

And a few pics of the car for fun...had to roll it outside so I thought Id snap a few teasers! Cant wait to get my spacers and get some rad fitment!

Bling bling!

Thanks for looking! Im shooting for the motor to be in very very soon...watch for it!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #679
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
daaamnn... this is my first time seeing ur thread. i saved that shieet... cant wait to c the finished product
240cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 AM   #680
naed240sx
Zilvia Member

naed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
is that a z32 booster? how was the install process?
Yeah thats a Z32 master. I have a z booster and z mc in my s13. The install is just like stock. The only difference is that the bolts going through the firewall are slightly longer, making it more difficult to thread the nuts...but other than that its a piece of cake. You do have to buy a new brake pedal pin from nissan because the old one gets destroyed in the removal process. Ohh, and make sure to read the fsm to properly adjust the diaphram.

That being said, z master's are badass. My brake feel is amazing.
naed240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:51 AM   #681
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hey so uhh... who's doing your vinyl when it's all done?
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:36 AM   #682
ESCALVANTE
Leaky Injector

ESCALVANTE is making a name for him/her selfESCALVANTE is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ESCALVANTE
Thumbs up One day I'll have something like this...

Wow! Can't wait to see this finished!
ESCALVANTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:49 AM   #683
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Good Lookin shit yo! I bet it's fun workin in the freezin garage, unless it's heated. I 'm in Abq. right now and it is freezing balls outside.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:32 AM   #684
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Hey Gav, it's been a while since I've checked in on your build thread ~ it's looking great! It's also great to see that you're on track with school, and haven't gotten rushed to finish (meaning you haven't half-assed a single thing yet!)

The paint looks great, the more aggressive wheels are definitely a hit, and that turbo is a monster. We'll all be waiting for your timely update

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #685
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
my daily log-in on zilvia, i always hope to see this thread updated. nice work man. I cant wait to see the finished product and this thing tearin it up at the track.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #686
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
YAY MORE UPDATES!!!

that is all.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #687
Team Aero-K
Zilvia Junkie

Team Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant future
damn seriously i can't wait to see this machine finished...it looks amazing right now! I just sat here at work for 45mins scrollin through all 23 pages.....Awesome work man, keep us updated!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #688
AllShowNoGo28
Zilvia Member

AllShowNoGo28 is on the path to ruinAllShowNoGo28 is on the path to ruin
i just started on my s14 project and i have it mostly stripped down and this by far was the most motivating thread ive ever seen hahaa. sick work gav, glad to see you did it all yourself and wish that i had your amount of talent in this!
AllShowNoGo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:23 PM   #689
hellaflush
Zilvia Member

hellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to hellaflush Send a message via MSN to hellaflush
more more more!

paint the ganadors black IMO
hellaflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:49 PM   #690
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
U better Tig That Oil Pan =)

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote