Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #151
jofus228

Trader Rating: (5)
jofus228 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Amazing build, I can't wait to see this thing running. Any thought about getting rear over fenders to give the back a little flare to match the front fenders?
jofus228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 01:38 AM   #152
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I really hate build threads with pictures of "LOOK WHAT I JUST BOUGHT" with no building involved so fucking lame.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #153
fastbackinit

Trader Rating: (1)
fastbackinit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I really hate build threads with pictures of "LOOK WHAT I JUST BOUGHT" with no building involved so fucking lame.
Then you can really hate yourself for speaking... had you read the thread or heck, even skimmed the pictures you would know that there was some serious fab efforts put here. Next time think before you make yourself look like a idiot. And if I could afford a s15 conversion id show it off too. If you don't likey don't looky.

Anyways....

Awesome build!!! Bay looks clean! Keep it up!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #154
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Not every One takes a pic of every step they take Its NOT a Writeup its a Build!

I know for a fact there was a lot of building going on, there was no time for "stop! i gotta take a pic for my build thread"!

Not trying to sound rude but im pretty sure this was a kinda spur of the moment post of a build thread! I know! i have helped him throughout his build!
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #155
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdinfinirx7 View Post
I saw your car at driftspeed a few days ago while we were dropping off parts for my brother in laws car. The blue s13.5 on the lift on top of your car.

Your car looks so nice in person specifically the engine bay. Good luck with the build
Thanks! Yeah I see that s13.5 there all the time now waiting for a heart transplant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofus228 View Post
Amazing build, I can't wait to see this thing running. Any thought about getting rear over fenders to give the back a little flare to match the front fenders?
Thanks! I'll probably get some over fenders to match the fronts later. I'm not too sure if I even like the fronts for keeps. Something's gotta give though to make it flow right!

Quote:
LOL! If you're so blind that you missed all the building involved parts than why do you even care? I didn't mean to offend your little brain with pics of just parts, I've been so busy with work lately I haven't got a chance but to drop parts off to my tuner and my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbackinit View Post
Then you can really hate yourself for speaking... had you read the thread or heck, even skimmed the pictures you would know that there was some serious fab efforts put here. Next time think before you make yourself look like a idiot. And if I could afford a s15 conversion id show it off too. If you don't likey don't looky.

Anyways....

Awesome build!!! Bay looks clean! Keep it up!
LMAO! Thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essforteen View Post
Not every One takes a pic of every step they take Its NOT a Writeup its a Build!

I know for a fact there was a lot of building going on, there was no time for "stop! i gotta take a pic for my build thread"!

Not trying to sound rude but im pretty sure this was a kinda spur of the moment post of a build thread! I know! i have helped him throughout his build!
Yeah it sure was a spur of the moment build thread! Thanks for all your help man! I'm sorry but I forgot to take some pics of the Z calipers you painted for me. I'll have them up soon.

Updates:
Well I took the car to Driftspeed a few weeks ago now to have it tuned by the infamous "Koji"!
I didn't get to finish a lot of the little things before taking it to him so he's been stuck having to do the little tedious tasks on top of the major one's like starting up the SR24 Beast for the first time and inspecting it thoroughly and so on.
My plan is to do a drive-ability tune initially so I can rack up some miles on the motor before we start boosting and putting down some heavy #'s. I'm still not sure, but I think I'll be tuning on pump gas for now till my fuel system is ready for ethanol later.
I got a chance to drop by Driftspeed for it's first start up and warm up yesterday, here are some vids and pics. More updates coming soon!

Last edited by ETHANOLED SR; 12-31-2010 at 01:23 PM..
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #156
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Nice... Glad to know this is actually almost done.
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #157
Darkvillin
Leaky Injector

Darkvillin is an unknown quantity at this point
keep pushin. looks great!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #158
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
man,that thing is going to make power everywhere!!!i talked to geoff from full-race about oh,two years ago,and at the time ,he said one of the sickest cars that hed driven so far was a 2.4 30r car!!should be a blast man!!

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #159
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

SR

Thanks guys!

I'm getting the final touches done on it! I should have it running for break-in driving soon.

I ended up exchanging the AEM wide band for the new Innovative MTX unit. They're supposed to be better and more accurate than AEM!
I'll have some pics up soon.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #160
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

SR

Here is the Innovate MTX unit I picked up in exchange of the AEM.
I should be installing it sometime this week. Looks pretty clean!

My Baby is pretty complete now, can't say fully yet till I do the full tune on the motor. We set the fuel cut @ 4500rpm and or 10-12psi of boost for the break in drive. The motor is insane with response and wants to spool instantly. My tuner says it's almost impossible to keep it out of boost! @ 2800rpm it's already spooling with not much throttle. I can't wait for the full tune and better yet for the race gas tune. I gotta do some installs and prep work on it myself and bring it back when it's ready! I guess all good things come in time!

Here are some recent pics:

Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #161
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
looking real good ....sorry for the lack of words its lookin great
AGNT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #162
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
that setup looks so mean! great looking build so far, deffinitly coming along well. good luck with the rest of the build!
Imarvin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #163
RickyS13.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
RickyS13. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Its builds like these that make me wonder why people sell their SR's and go a different route. Im soooooo loving this build!!! I guess i just have an obsession with the SR like you do ................im also an S13 fanboy so thumbs up lol!
RickyS13. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #164
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
whats early word on hp/tq? I need something to aim for, then surpass... shit looks nice and clean under the hood!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #165
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Really impressive build. curious to see driving impressions on chasebays brake lines, Toby has them too and i think he's going to post up his thoughts. +1 for being impatient. My build is going on 6 years and I can't wait to be finished.

P.S. the key your looking for is between the , and the / not next to the ` lol
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #166
Garage.Works
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Garage.Works is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
such a bad ass car!
Garage.Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #167
NYS13SLIDER
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
NYS13SLIDER is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
one of the nicest engine builds ive seen on zilvia
NYS13SLIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #168
mdc240

mdc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is def sick! More please!!
mdc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #169
mdc240

mdc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stupid question, what about smog?
mdc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #170
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Interesting, what did you end up doing for hte crank case line?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #171
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Great build.

I would look into getting the ID2000's if you're planning on running e85, I maxed mines out at 613hp on e85, 100psi.
s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #172
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNT84 View Post
looking real good ....sorry for the lack of words its lookin great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
that setup looks so mean! great looking build so far, deffinitly coming along well. good luck with the rest of the build!
^^^Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyS13. View Post
Its builds like these that make me wonder why people sell their SR's and go a different route. Im soooooo loving this build!!! I guess i just have an obsession with the SR like you do ................im also an S13 fanboy so thumbs up lol!
Thanks! Definitely not the best route as far as cost, but the obsession is there for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
whats early word on hp/tq? I need something to aim for, then surpass... shit looks nice and clean under the hood!
Thanks!
Hard to answer but let me break it down as follows:
Block built to handle 1000hp+ on a bigger turbo setup of course.
My current setup is capable of 700hp+ with race gas and high boost.
With my current setup on pump gas and low boost should be in the 500hp neighborhood. Key factors for me are response, power band, and reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
Really impressive build. curious to see driving impressions on chasebays brake lines, Toby has them too and i think he's going to post up his thoughts. +1 for being impatient. My build is going on 6 years and I can't wait to be finished.

P.S. the key your looking for is between the , and the / not next to the ` lol
I haven't really driven the car hard at all so it's hard to comment on the performance. But so far so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage.Works View Post
such a bad ass car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS13SLIDER View Post
one of the nicest engine builds ive seen on zilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc240 View Post
this is def sick! More please!!
^^^Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc240 View Post
Stupid question, what about smog?
LOL! What about smog???

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Interesting, what did you end up doing for hte crank case line?
I have no clue what that is exactly, please clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15specR View Post
Great build.

I would look into getting the ID2000's if you're planning on running e85, I maxed mines out at 613hp on e85, 100psi.
Thanks! My fuel sysem is far away from ready for e85 so for now I'll be ok. Great #'s by the way, Interested in seeing your setup!

Here are some pics and recent updates:

Got all the wiring squared away for now. Thank you Sirac! you're the man!

Head lights are on and mounted but unfortunately I had to cut out sections of the core support. I will just have to redo it again and I'll add gusset plates for better support this time around. That's what I get for being impatient!

First drive with head lights on!

I know they don't sit flush and perfect as of right now. These mounts are only temporary and will look better once new core support is done. I hope!!!

Here are some compilation pics for you Sirac!!! Raise the rear soon bro!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #173
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
i am starting to really want to do an s15 front on mine with a 50mm over fenders, after seeing yours.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #174
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
this car looks so sick! great job man
Old 01-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #175
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
i am starting to really want to do an s15 front on mine with a 50mm over fenders, after seeing yours.
The only way a s13.5 should be done.

Stock width + s15 front = soooo gawdy
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #176
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_04K View Post
The only way a s13.5 should be done.

Stock width + s15 front = soooo gawdy
i agree because the front end is already so much wider on a s15 I am digging the flat black though.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #177
TwItCh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
TwItCh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwItCh
it is amazing.
TwItCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #178
oompa

oompa is an unknown quantity at this point
This makes me cry.
oompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #179
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i had no idea this thread was this good
Old 01-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #180
TwItCh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
TwItCh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwItCh
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
i had no idea this thread was this good
neither did i

i never wanted to get and sr but this thread makes me want one, even though i dont have that kind of money
TwItCh is offline   Reply With Quote