Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
bubzb20z
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
bubzb20z is making a name for him/her selfbubzb20z is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Auto to manual/sr swap Q's

I am just completing an S14 blacktop swap into a s14. The last thing I am running into is the transmission plug (e202) into the chassis harness by the (e19)Fuse box. I cannot find any documentation in the FSM for either the SR20 or the KA. I may have the plug names wrong(e201, e20) because the chassis was an auto and the SR is a manual, but it is the plug that comes from the transmission. I thought I could start the engine without this tranny plug wired, but the engine only cranks with no fuel. Fuel pump does not prime, but the relay clicks. Fuel pump fuse is good. The vehicle has an aftermarket keyless entry system, but I disconnected the brain. The vehicle also has the factory alarm. Could this be a problem? I noticed on a power routing diagram in the FSM that the white/red wire in the tranny plug has some function, but other than that diagram, I find no reference to this plug anywhere in the FSM. This swap is with a NA ECU to an early model (obd-1) 240sx. I had to diagram all the pins and ring them with a multimeter to identify the correct locations. Any idea would be appreciated
bubzb20z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
TTrx7Pete
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
TTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her selfTTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her selfTTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i'd like to know the answer to this as well as i'll be embarking on the same project in a couple weeks.
TTrx7Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:06 AM   #3
PXRdriFT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
PXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PXRdriFT
We had the same issue with a swap we did and found that it was caused by the factory alarm. Pg 28 of the EL section in the FSM shows the starting system for the auto and the theft warning relay 2 was what was causing our issue. We jumpered 3 and 4 and it started up. Try that and see if it works. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #4
bubzb20z
Zilvia Member

bubzb20z is making a name for him/her selfbubzb20z is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by PXRdriFT View Post
We had the same issue with a swap we did and found that it was caused by the factory alarm. Pg 28 of the EL section in the FSM shows the starting system for the auto and the theft warning relay 2 was what was causing our issue. We jumpered 3 and 4 and it started up. Try that and see if it works. Good luck.
thanks..I will give it a shot.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
bubzb20z
Zilvia Member

No luck...I hardwired the pump and it fired right up.