Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 02-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #1
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Another Reason Why I Hate United Airlines

Shipping pets during PCS could cost nearly $4,000 under new rule - News - Stripes

Overhead Bin - United's new pet-travel rule set to give soldiers sticker shock

Military folks have no choice but to fly United since the gov is obligated to use US carriers by law. The gov pays for us to travel but pets are not entitlements so we pay for us to move them on our own dime.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Wow that is ridiculous and absurd... Its a good thing you left already Ray however, for everyone inbound to there or that are close to outbound... this needs to be re evaluated fast...
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Why not just ship the animal through a different carrier?
Old 02-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yeah it might be a whole lot cheaper to get your own ticket via another airlines.
I don't think it would be more than $1k RT, at least that how much it costs approx flying into Narita from LAX.

I've always wondered how it works if say you had something like Saint Bernard or Great Dane.
can't be easy on the poor dog in any way.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Why not just ship the animal through a different carrier?
Well, then you'll be having the same issue. Cargo fee is cargo fee. As of now, when you fly with your pet, they are treated as excess baggage instead of cargo. Cargo fee goes by the weight of what you're shipping. Excess baggage is a set fee as long as you dont go over a certain weight, think just like bags which is 70 lbs. I paid ANA 21,000y to get my dog from Okinawa to Osaka and paid United $250 from Osaka to San Francisco. With cargo, from what I remember talking to somebody about it, is anywhere between $20-25 per lb depending on the airline. My 60 lbs pitt would have been $1500. Again the cargo fee I've heard is hearsay so I'm not 100% sure how close that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
yeah it might be a whole lot cheaper to get your own ticket via another airlines.
I don't think it would be more than $1k RT, at least that how much it costs approx flying into Narita from LAX.

I've always wondered how it works if say you had something like Saint Bernard or Great Dane.
can't be easy on the poor dog in any way.
Actually, most airline wont even let you ship pets that big.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #6
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
leave your clothes behind, stuff bags with JDM toys for fanboy kids, sell, use that money to pay off the costs of the Cargo fee's of your pet.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
Z3NKIBOOST
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Z3NKIBOOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im paying around 700 for my frenchbulldog from germany to lax but prolly only that much bc he weighs only 28lbs and my carry on dog is around 200
Z3NKIBOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
United waives pet fees for military overseas - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times

Victory!
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote