Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 06-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
alpha180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
alpha180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals - Yahoo! News

"Anchor babies" isn't a very endearing term, but in Arizona those are the words being used to tag children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants. While not new, the term is increasingly part of the local vernacular because the primary authors of the nation's toughest and most controversial immigration law are targeting these tots - the legal weights that anchor many undocumented aliens in the U.S. - for their next move.

Buoyed by recent public opinion polls suggesting they're on the right track with illegal immigration, Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona - and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution - to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens. The law largely is the brainchild of state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican whose suburban district, Mesa, is considered the conservative bastion of the Phoenix political scene. He is a leading architect of the Arizona law that sparked outrage throughout the country: Senate Bill 1070, which allows law enforcement officers to ask about someone's immigration status during a traffic stop, detainment or arrest if reasonable suspicion exists - things like poor English skills, acting nervous or avoiding eye contact during a traffic stop. (See the battle for Arizona: will a border crackdown work?)

But the likely new bill is for the kids. While SB 1070 essentially requires of-age migrants to have the proper citizenship paperwork, the potential "anchor baby" bill blocks the next generation from ever being able to obtain it. The idea is to make the citizenship process so difficult that illegal immigrants pull up the "anchor" and leave. (See pictures of the Great Wall of America.)

The question is whether that would violate the U.S. Constitution. The 14th Amendment states that "all persons, born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States." It was intended to provide citizenship for freed slaves and served as a final answer to the Dred Scott case, cementing the federal government's control over citizenship.

But that was 1868. Today, Pearce says the 14th Amendment has been "hijacked" by illegal immigrants. "They use it as a wedge," Pearce says. "This is an orchestrated effort by them to come here and have children to gain access to the great welfare state we've created." Pearce says he is aware of the constitutional issues involved with the bill and vows to introduce it nevertheless. "We will write it right." He and other Republicans in the red state Arizona point to popular sympathy: 58% of Americans polled by Rasmussen think illegal immigrants whose children are born here should not receive citizenship; support for that stance is 76% among Republicans.

Those who oppose the bill say it would lead to more discrimination and divide the community. Among them is Phoenix resident Susan Vie, who is leading a citizen group that's behind an opposing ballot initiative. She moved to the U.S. 30 years ago from Argentina, became a naturalized citizen and now works as a client-relations representative for a vaccine company. "I see a lot of hate and racism behind it," Vie says. "Consequently, I believe it will create - and it's creating it now - a separation in our society." She adds, "When people look at me, they will think, 'Is she legal or illegal?' I can already feel it right now." Vie's citizen initiative would prohibit SB 1070 from taking affect, place a three-year moratorium on all related laws - including the anchor baby bill - to buy more time for federal immigration reform. Her group is racing to collect 153,365 signatures by July 1 to qualify for the Nov. 2 general election.

Both sides expect the anchor baby bill to end up before the U.S. Supreme Court before it is enacted. "I think it would be struck down as facially unconstitutional. I can't imagine a federal judge saying this would be OK," says Dan Barr, a longtime Phoenix lawyer and constitutional litigator. Potentially joining the anchor baby bill at the Supreme Court may be SB 1070, which Arizona Republican Governor Jan Brewer signed into law in April. It is set to take effect July 29, but at least five courtroom challenges have been filed against it. Pearce says he will win them all.
alpha180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats about the worst copy/paste ever.
renegade_ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
alpha180sx
Leaky Injector

alpha180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_ewok View Post
Thats about the worst copy/paste ever.

really? no one is perfect.
alpha180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
This is going to get the government of Arizona removed. This is NOT a state's rights issue and they are pushing way to hard against the Federal government.

This is in the wrong section btw.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
the 'cut & paste' is just fine.
(if it isn't, at least be constructive enough to state the reasons why)

I do think a more appropriate forum would be Loud Noises.
Ppl are prob going to get riled up about this.

Have to think about this one, AZ has some interesting stuff going on these days.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
They are fascist at this point.

You have to have your papers for fear of deportation. Now they are denying papers to LEGAL citizens.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
oh yeah compare things to the nazis..... magnitude doesn't matter when examining history

guess what? it was illegal for the mothers to be here... hence the kids shouldn't have legally been born here

other countries don't award birth certificates to non-citizen births, let alone ILLEGAL presence on their soil.

sure it sucks that your parents broke the law when you were born, but guess what? you were supposed to be in mexico or canada or ireland or wherever the hell your parents are citizens of..

will it be a disaster/mess to implement? ABSOLUTELY

does this law make perfect sense? ABSOLUTELY

do i care what kingkillburns or whoever's retort to mine will be? ABSOLUTELY NOT

hey guys we should go on the gold std. btw
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Just a matter of time before those ne'er do wells in AZ set up concentration camps and attempt to summon the devil.

ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
oh yeah compare things to the nazis..... magnitude doesn't matter when examining history

guess what? it was illegal for the mothers to be here... hence the kids shouldn't have legally been born here

other countries don't award birth certificates to non-citizen births, let alone ILLEGAL presence on their soil.

sure it sucks that your parents broke the law when you were born, but guess what? you were supposed to be in mexico or canada or ireland or wherever the hell your parents are citizens of..

will it be a disaster/mess to implement? ABSOLUTELY

does this law make perfect sense? ABSOLUTELY

do i care what kingkillburns or whoever's retort to mine will be? ABSOLUTELY NOT

hey guys we should go on the gold std. btw

I have German citizenship for being born there so you are once again wrong.

The citizenship of the mother is irrelevant.

Comparing a little fascism to a lot is a fair and correct.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
As a legal non-citizen US resident, I support what Arizona is doing.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

spools420a is a well-known jackass
As a person living in AZ I support what AZ is doing,I'm ot much for immagrants trashing are land and economy leading to our biggest econimical disasters in hystory for arizona,Our land is being destroyed and our money is all being sent out to familys in forign countrys and were getting boycotted for trying to not fall into a depression?
http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/ra...tucson-az.html

this is one of a few immigrant trafficking highways from the mexican border to arizona in the senora desert.

And people think AZ's to strict about our immigration laws lol please,If they dont want to be so targeted by the community and being unwanted then maybe they should,..um maybe clean up after themselves for starters.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I love it, way to set the example Arizona. Three cheers for Arizona!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

If this is what you guys want then get the law changed that makes the children citizens. I still wont agree with it but to deny them what is(currently) rightfully theirs is just wrong.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It will pass, then none-AZ residents will go over there and boycott, because they know whats right for AZ people when they do not live there.. lol

I support AZ in wanting to clean up, they are just protecting themselves.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #15
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
It will pass, then none-AZ residents will go over there and boycott, because they know whats right for AZ people when they do not live there.. lol
I think it's funny how thing in one state can be legal but in another it's not. We're all part of the same country yet we're divided in so many ways.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #16
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

This is a Federal law.

If you are born on American soil or to American parents you are American.

There is no interpretation to be made. No debate to be had.

If the problem is illegal immigration then heavily guard the ports and borders. Neither of those are Arizona's right or prerogative to do.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #17
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
There is no interpretation to be made. No debate to be had.
"Under Section 5 of the 14th Amendment, Congress has the power to prevent the children of illegals from automatically becoming citizens."

14th Amendment | LII / Legal Information Institute

So this isn't one of those thing that can't be changed. I'm quoting the Heritage Guide to the Constitution, btw.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
You're a Fascist!

No you're a Fascist!

Maybe we're all just a little Fascist

FascistFascistFascistFascistFascistFascistFascistF ascistFascistFascistFascist
Old 06-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
You're a Fascist!

No you're a Fascist!

Maybe we're all just a little Fascist

FascistFascistFascistFascistFascistFascistFascistF ascistFascistFascistFascist
It's all your fault.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #20
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i love how california is drowning in debt and swirling the bowl, meanwhile its politicians are making resolutions to boycott another state...bunch of pandering whores.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #21
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post

Dude, you are So wrong about that, lol.
fucking Christ you're off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiperuvian View Post
i love how california is drowning in debt and swirling the bowl, meanwhile its politicians are making resolutions to boycott another state...bunch of pandering whores.
California doesn't do anything smart.
A large part of the dept comes from letting other states take our film industry away for the last several years.
Entertainment is a 3rd of CA economy.

Dont expect CA to ever do anyting smart as far as government issues, lol

Yeah, shits crazy.
The dude leading this thing is actually tied into the KKK in his past.
Im not sure, but i would assume this is also involved with a big TEA PARTY following?
You hear about he mural on the school building the other day?
There were white children, latino and black children painted on the side of an elementary.
People kept driving by and yelling n****r and sp*c out their windows.
So the fucking school decides to paint all the people white!!!!

Are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!

As a mexican American of SEVERAL generations.
I would be so hurt and pissed if i got pulled over because of my race.

Kinda like,...."well, there was a robbery in the area so we are pulling over all black people and running their ID's"

Complete BS.
Unconstitutional.

And i dont know any white person in La that would take the 1 1/2 hour bus to Malibu, walk a few miles to work and be there at 6am to work 8 hours in the hot sun, then go home the same route for $10 an hour.
You cant get an mountain dew drinking obese white american to work a full time job as is, and you want them to go the extra mile?............

c'mon son.
just cause the economy is bad, doesn't mean we need a witch hunt AZ
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #22
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Dude, you are So wrong about that, lol.
fucking Christ you're off.
HAHAHA you're damn right i am
(edit: thats the case for germany, im sure there are ''other countries'' out there that dont have such laws, so until someone proves me wrong, that there are no countries with such laws, then i'm not 'expletive, christ off')

i was going to pull a rush limbaugh style move, you know, say something as fact then look up an example to support it after the fact. based on 130 whatever countries in the world i'm sure one or two have stupid laws like that. but do you know what? i got lazy.

this is a car forum and one thing is for certain, you can put all your effort into crafting perfect little zilvia essays on why your opinion is right (im guilty of having done such in the past), but that doesnt change the fact that doing so accomplishes little to nothing. its like we're all playing intelectual poker with full tilt-style play money. sure some people win but in the end we're all just wasting time. we SHOULD be calling our congressional representatives or whatnot, moving something in the direction we see fit however minute that move is. alas, we'd all rather accomplish nothing except beat down some anonymous online ideological objector like a bunch of asses.

damn i just wrote another worthless political quazi-essay on zilvia

have fun accomplishing nothing guys
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #23
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
"Under Section 5 of the 14th Amendment, Congress has the power to prevent the children of illegals from automatically becoming citizens."

14th Amendment | LII / Legal Information Institute

So this isn't one of those thing that can't be changed. I'm quoting the Heritage Guide to the Constitution, btw.
Under section one:

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States

Congress does have the ability. Arizona has no authority, not even an opinion on the matter.

Until the Constitution is amended or Federal law is changed Arizona is again breaking the law.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

ranger240

I love how even after being called out you are still pompous.

I would hope that you fact checked any and all of your public statements.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #25
lou's40sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (54)
lou's40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
My solution is to let all the illegals be legal, and make them pay heavier taxes to obtain their citizenship. Gather up all the illegals, let them build us new freeways and tracks, tax the heck out of them. Boost the economy, raise the living standards, we all win.
lou's40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #26
Finchie
Zilvia Member

Finchie is an unknown quantity at this point
God I love my state!
Finchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 AM   #27
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

spools420a is a well-known jackass
Or we can just build a 200 ft wall all the way around mexico

then fill it up with water
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #28
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
From a Canadian perspective. It doesnt make sense to allow people to live and work in your country if many of them are not paying taxes, and taking that money back to their native land to support its economy.

This is not a Racist thing.

I'd just like to see your country get smart and stop giving money to China for building TV's, Iphones, Ipads, blue ray players, clothing, and also car parts. ...Just an Idea.

Cause for many years now, so many billions of dollars have been leaving your country. Then when you start a war on top of that all, ouch. bye bye money.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:24 AM   #29
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
...bringing up ww2 also has nothing to do with this. stupid kids.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:25 AM   #30
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
I'd just like to see your country get smart and stop giving money to China for building TV's, Iphones, Ipads, blue ray players, clothing, and also car parts.

You say that like the shit you buy doesn't come from the same place. . .

I agree with you though. Just saying.