Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 09-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
Alleged terror threat on NY and DC?!?!?!?

Police Swarm New York and Washington in Wake of 'Credible' New Terrorist Threat

What the hell is this? I'm watching american dad and the previews for the news came on and showed this shit. Really?!?!??

Cliff notes: Florida
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I dunno I have been hearing about it too but nothing is giving specifics...I was just there for labor weekend and I have NEVER seen that many NYPD in uniform all over the place. This was my 4th time heading up there for a long weekend after 9/11 and this was seriously the most NYPD I have seen. Timesquare, Coney Island, Statue, WTC area, subways you name it there was visible police presence.

And when we were taking the Amtrak back to DC the train stations had ARMED cops with fucking M4 carbines fully fitted with eotechs, lights, tactical slings etc...Even my wife was like WTF.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's all FUD.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
It's all FUD.
its all FUD ....just gives them an excuse to deploy me somewhere random now
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just more scare tactics
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
ca18_luv
Zilvia Member

ca18_luv is an unknown quantity at this point
I like how it says they are mostly checking vans and trucks however the smalled car can also carry a bomb......honestly even a bomb can fit on a motorcycle. To me it makes no sense to just pull apart the bigger vehichles cause it could be any vehichle. It does make sense tho that a bigger bomb and xplosion can come from a bigger truck/van.

Idk man some of the ish in this world seems to amaze me on how ppl would even think about bombing places. I think that kind of stuff is so damn stupid even if it is part of their religion or whatever. (Not trying to start a fight about religion).

Stay safe out there in NY i guess.........hell safe anywhere to be honest.
ca18_luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca18_luv View Post
I think that kind of stuff is so damn stupid even if it is part of their religion or whatever. (Not trying to start a fight about religion).

ding ding ding

you just won the ignorant statement of the day award!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
ca18_luv
Zilvia Member

What do i win?

But on the real from some of the things i have learned about suicide bombers and such from different countries and religions it is to be believed that by doing so its a way to complete your life in the best way by serving your leader or god and that you will be rewarded in the afterlife for doing such an act.

Never got too deep into it but based on several times hearing this its what i was lead to believe. Could be incorrect tho and if so someone correct me.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niscur29 View Post
I dunno I have been hearing about it too but nothing is giving specifics...I was just there for labor weekend and I have NEVER seen that many NYPD in uniform all over the place. This was my 4th time heading up there for a long weekend after 9/11 and this was seriously the most NYPD I have seen. Timesquare, Coney Island, Statue, WTC area, subways you name it there was visible police presence.

And when we were taking the Amtrak back to DC the train stations had ARMED cops with fucking M4 carbines fully fitted with eotechs, lights, tactical slings etc...Even my wife was like WTF.
yea i was there one night right and there were cops everywhere. ive never seen more than 5 cops in times square over all the times ive been there. there were atleast 30 cops spread out over different areas. they didnt even attempt to talk to the several guys that tried to sell the 2 girls with me, and me, weed while cops were only a few feet away. it seemed that they were looking for something specific not the normal shit that they would encounter.

and every time ive gone to DC there has always been armed cops in the stations

Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20sean View Post
yea i was there one night right and there were cops everywhere. ive never seen more than 5 cops in times square over all the times ive been there. there were atleast 30 cops spread out over different areas. they didnt even attempt to talk to the several guys that tried to sell the 2 girls with me, and me, weed while cops were only a few feet away. it seemed that they were looking for something specific not the normal shit that they would encounter.

and every time ive gone to DC there has always been armed cops in the stations
Armed cops werent in DC, it was the NJ stations. But hell yes Times Square was friggin over run with cops.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca18_luv View Post
What do i win?

But on the real from some of the things i have learned about suicide bombers and such from different countries and religions it is to be believed that by doing so its a way to complete your life in the best way by serving your leader or god and that you will be rewarded in the afterlife for doing such an act.

Never got too deep into it but based on several times hearing this its what i was lead to believe. Could be incorrect tho and if so someone correct me.

just stop typing please
Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #12
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

negrosx13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to negrosx13
was out driving last night in the city.. damm cops standing on every other corner and a check points the off ramps.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

post was deleted

Last edited by sr20sean; 09-11-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #14
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Sooooo,....

.... we as an educated country believe that terrorist work on a anniversary schedule ??
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #15
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Omg terrors!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #16
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion
Old 09-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #17
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion
Is gay marriage legal in Missurah?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #18
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Is gay marriage legal in Missurah?
shucks naw. they have to go to illinois or iowa for that brand of nonsense, sir.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
x10
x10
x10
x10
x10
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
omg this

fcndkfdmn
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #21
ca18_luv
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Sooooo,....

.... we as an educated country believe that terrorist work on a anniversary schedule ??
i guess so lmao. And thinking that the same exzact location or target will be attacked again even if it was destroyed.

On the real note RIP all the victims of 9/11 from 10 years ago
Old 09-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
at least respect 9/11.. If you celebrate cinco de mayo but dont give a shit about 9/11, than you should leave our country. Not anyone here but i just thought about that after i saw some minorities post up on my friends status about fck 9/11.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #23
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Why do you have to respect it? Because you're told to?

People die all the time, everywhere, every minute. I'm sure with the money spent on remembering 9/11 we could have kept thousands of impoverished people alive all over the world.

Almost 9,000 innocent Afghan civilians died because 3,000 of ours died. How the fuck is that fair or worth remembering. If anything we should just try to be decent and forgiving human beings and forget the whole thing even happened.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #24
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
well, a few bad seeds saying fuck 9/11 should not in anyway affect what holidays we can celebrate.

and i would expect a 130 plus, year old HOLIDAY to get a lot more attention and respect then a 10 year old memorial date.

I dont respect 9/11 at all.
We fucked around with that country for decades, what did we think was gonna happen ??

I posted this today on my facebook instead.

The Greatest Speech Ever Made - YouTube
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #25
Sideways570sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Sideways570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

People die all the time, everywhere, every minute. I'm sure with the money spent on remembering 9/11 we could have kept thousands of impoverished people alive all over the world.

Almost 9,000 innocent Afghan civilians died because 3,000 of ours died. How the fuck is that fair or worth remembering. If anything we should just try to be decent and forgiving human beings and forget the whole thing even happened.
That just sounds stupid. If we went with your mentality then there would be no holidays, nothing to do with history at all. Your missing the point completely. Its about remembering the sacrifices that people made, and continue to make. The fireman that ran in those buildings with no hesitation. The miltary members who go into gun fights no questions asked. The people that died and continue to die everyday for no reason. Yes peoPle die everyday, but its not like 9/11 happens everday. The cycle of life isnt meant to be cut short 3000 people at a time in the fashion they did. Show a little respect. You think that they dont have holidays over there or anniversarys of thier people dieing? Of course they do. Just like we have things like 9/11. They have their shit. Stop being so ignorant and respect the sacrifices that are made for you to run ur mouth on this forum. Whether you agree or not, those people are dead, then we went to war, and people continue to die. Hoorah america.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #26
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
Quote:

cite your claim of 9,000. and what is your definition of innocent. and are you over here (afghanistan) right now? do you have ANY idea what its like to be over here?

its called insurgency. you dont know who the bad guy is. you never do. bout the only time we shoot is when we are getting shot at. hostile act, hostile intent, positive identification. so dont sit there and make it sound we are over here fucking murdering people. innocent people die, mistakes are made, but like i said its insurgency. They use innocent people to sheild themselves, they use them against us. They know we dont just go shooting innocent civilians. No one is going to know how many civilians died. By day they come right on to the FOB and sell us fake jewlery and oakley sunglass. By night they are plotting their attacks. Trusted interpreters setting soldiers up for ambush. I can go on and on. It happens. the Afghan National Army wears uniform. Insurgents don't. Insurgents are civilians. You want to come over here and be the judge on whos innocent and whos not?
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #27
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways570sx View Post
That just sounds stupid. If we went with your mentality then there would be no holidays, nothing to do with history at all. Your missing the point completely. Its about remembering the sacrifices that people made, and continue to make. The fireman that ran in those buildings with no hesitation. The miltary members who go into gun fights no questions asked. The people that died and continue to die everyday for no reason. Yes peoPle die everyday, but its not like 9/11 happens everday. The cycle of life isnt meant to be cut short 3000 people at a time in the fashion they did. Show a little respect. You think that they dont have holidays over there or anniversarys of thier people dieing? Of course they do. Just like we have things like 9/11. They have their shit. Stop being so ignorant and respect the sacrifices that are made for you to run ur mouth on this forum. Whether you agree or not, those people are dead, then we went to war, and people continue to die. Hoorah america.
First, you call me ignorant then talk about how it's commendable to blindly run into situations no questions asked.

Second, where do you get off telling me not to "run my mouth on this forum"? It's a forum, it's open discussion. I've been here longer than you, I'll be here when you leave. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
cite your claim of 9,000. and what is your definition of innocent. and are you over here (afghanistan) right now? do you have ANY idea what its like to be over here?

its called insurgency. you dont know who the bad guy is. you never do. bout the only time we shoot is when we are getting shot at. hostile act, hostile intent, positive identification. so dont sit there and make it sound we are over here fucking murdering people. innocent people die, mistakes are made, but like i said its insurgency. They use innocent people to sheild themselves, they use them against us. They know we dont just go shooting innocent civilians. No one is going to know how many civilians died. By day they come right on to the FOB and sell us fake jewlery and oakley sunglass. By night they are plotting their attacks. Trusted interpreters setting soldiers up for ambush. I can go on and on. It happens. the Afghan National Army wears uniform. Insurgents don't. Insurgents are civilians. You want to come over here and be the judge on whos innocent and whos not?
Civilian casualties in the War in Afghanistan (2001

It's wiki and is more than likely skewed but the numbers given are even a tad higher than 9,000. Even when you subtract indirect and direct deaths caused by insurgent forces.

Also, no, I don't know what it's like to be there and I never will. I would never sign my life over to go protect imaginary lines in the sand. You know what would stop everyone from dying? A non-shitty foreign policy regarding the Middle East and not trying to kill them anymore.

If you're over there. My deepest sympathy, and I'm not being sarcastic. Get back home alive and hopefully by the time it's all over we'll be in a better place but I doubt it.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #28
Sideways570sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Sideways570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Haha you sir are a tool box. The time you waste away being an internet tough guy on zilvia does not impress me. Good day!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #29
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
ESMors - proud member of the westboro baptist church.
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #30
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
ESMors - proud member of the westboro baptist church.
yeah, anybody who doesn't perpetually suck the military's dick should be deported.