Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #31
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
well, a few bad seeds saying fuck 9/11 should not in anyway affect what holidays we can celebrate.

and i would expect a 130 plus, year old HOLIDAY to get a lot more attention and respect then a 10 year old memorial date.

I dont respect 9/11 at all.
We fucked around with that country for decades, what did we think was gonna happen ??

I posted this today on my facebook instead.

The Greatest Speech Ever Made - YouTube
Speaking for myself, I respect 9/11 because the civilians & servicemen who died were in no way responsible for the questionable foreign policy.
two wrongs don't make a right.

Now if the said victims of 9/11 were executive of say Haliburton, oil companies, politicians, I would be much less sympathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Why do you have to respect it? Because you're told to?

People die all the time, everywhere, every minute. I'm sure with the money spent on remembering 9/11 we could have kept thousands of impoverished people alive all over the world.

Almost 9,000 innocent Afghan civilians died because 3,000 of ours died. How the fuck is that fair or worth remembering. If anything we should just try to be decent and forgiving human beings and forget the whole thing even happened.
I don't believe anyone 'needs' to respect anything either, that's a matter of choice or so it is on a genuine level imo.

Remembrance can be looked at in different ways, it need not be there for the sake of say rumination or spite.
I don't think it necessarily compromises human decency, or goes to show we're unforgiving.

We could have spent a lot of money better, I'm sure this celebration isn't the most expensive, nor is it worst reason for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
at least respect 9/11.. If you celebrate cinco de mayo but dont give a shit about 9/11, than you should leave our country. Not anyone here but i just thought about that after i saw some minorities post up on my friends status about fck 9/11.
Apples & Oranges, nobody takes Cinco De Mayo seriously.
It's just another excuse to get drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion
While I'm tempted to agree, I think it all boils down to politics.
Religion is just an excuse.
Take that away & ppl will find something else to bicker about.
(look at China for instance that goes out of it way to discourage/ban religion)
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #32
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
ESMors - proud member of the westboro baptist church.
Indeed, go god and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways570sx View Post
Haha you sir are a tool box. The time you waste away being an internet tough guy on zilvia does not impress me. Good day!
I'm the tool box?

I would like to know exactly how much time I waste being a tough guy on Zilvia. Impress me.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #33
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
doubles

Old 09-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #34
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i'll start by saying i respect our soldiers-for the fact that they've got the guts to go to these hellholes.

That being said, as a regular civilian who punches a clock every day-i'm tired of iraq and afghanistan. I'm frustrated that 10 years later, it doesn't seem like much has changed. sure right after 9/11 we were all gung ho about killing bin laden and wiping out al qaeda...but what happened in the following years? political correctness took over. somehow it's racist to say young muslim men should be profiled in airports...why? youn muslim men are who hijacked the planes.

you've got atheists rights people bitching about a cross at the ground zero, because THEY want representation as well. wtf?

our economy is in the toilet, we've got thousands of men and women fighting for their lives in the mid-east.

that stupid terror alert scale..really? did anyone really take that seriously? and the creation of the TSA...holy shit what a useless bunch of security guard rejects.

if you ask me, al qaeda more than accomplished their goal.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #35
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
somehow it's racist to say young muslim men should be profiled in airports...why? youn muslim men are who hijacked the planes.
and the next one could look like Timothy Mcveigh, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Or it could be an angry black, mexican, indian, chinese, japanese, vietnamese, jew, etc...
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #36
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
Quote:
First, you call me ignorant then talk about how it's commendable to blindly run into situations no questions asked.

Second, where do you get off telling me not to "run my mouth on this forum"? It's a forum, it's open discussion. I've been here longer than you, I'll be here when you leave. Get over it.

Civilian casualties in the War in Afghanistan (2001

It's wiki and is more than likely skewed but the numbers given are even a tad higher than 9,000. Even when you subtract indirect and direct deaths caused by insurgent forces.

Also, no, I don't know what it's like to be there and I never will. I would never sign my life over to go protect imaginary lines in the sand. You know what would stop everyone from dying? A non-shitty foreign policy regarding the Middle East and not trying to kill them anymore.

If you're over there. My deepest sympathy, and I'm not being sarcastic. Get back home alive and hopefully by the time it's all over we'll be in a better place but I doubt it.

oh yeah. i forgot. everything on the internet is pure true. im not getting into it with you because everyone has their own opinion. but your basing your "facts" of ignorant sources. like i said. if you were over here you would know. and please dont sympathise me. i love what im doing. i support my country. i made my choice. dont pitty me. everyones entitled to their own opinion. all i suggest is dont preach about something you know nothing about and dont sympathise me. i love my job.
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #37
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
i'll start by saying i respect our soldiers-for the fact that they've got the guts to go to these hellholes.

That being said, as a regular civilian who punches a clock every day-i'm tired of iraq and afghanistan. I'm frustrated that 10 years later, it doesn't seem like much has changed. sure right after 9/11 we were all gung ho about killing bin laden and wiping out al qaeda...but what happened in the following years? political correctness took over. somehow it's racist to say young muslim men should be profiled in airports...why? youn muslim men are who hijacked the planes.

you've got atheists rights people bitching about a cross at the ground zero, because THEY want representation as well. wtf?

our economy is in the toilet, we've got thousands of men and women fighting for their lives in the mid-east.

that stupid terror alert scale..really? did anyone really take that seriously? and the creation of the TSA...holy shit what a useless bunch of security guard rejects.

if you ask me, al qaeda more than accomplished their goal.

first of all thanks. and i understand why it looks like nothing has changed but it really has. you dont hear about it on the news or read it in the papers, but things definately have changed. for the better. i promise. the war in iraq is coming to a close. we havent been there for 10 years in these 2 countries to wipe out al queda or taliban. shit theres more than that, there are the HIG, the Haqqani, among others. We are there to stand up an Army to take care of that. And so far, they are doing a pretty damn good job of it. the armies and police forces that we have trained have saved countless american and coalition lives. if we were here for no reason at all. WHY oh WHY would there be 49 countries joining the mission. El Salvador being number 49. I work along side belgians, turkish, canadian, albanian, bulgarian, korean, and mongolian soldiers. that was the eye opener for me to know that hey, i may not know what it is but we are here for a reason. ever since i have had confidence in my job.
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #38
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
oh yeah. i forgot. everything on the internet is pure true. im not getting into it with you because everyone has their own opinion. but your basing your "facts" of ignorant sources. like i said. if you were over here you would know. and please dont sympathise me. i love what im doing. i support my country. i made my choice. dont pitty me. everyones entitled to their own opinion. all i suggest is dont preach about something you know nothing about and dont sympathise me. i love my job.
I never said it was, in fact I said the opposite and suggested that the numbers were probably off given the nature of the source. I'm confused as to how you are trying to construe that as ignorant. It was late at night and I wasn't willing to dig around for more sources for a car forum discussion, when in reality it wasn't that far off of what more "reliable" reports have said.

Good, I don't feel sorry for you then. Have fun

Afghanistan civilian casualties: year by year, month by month. Visualised data | News | guardian.co.uk
Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #39
jahmias
Zilvia Member

jahmias is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jahmias
from oceanside, run into military men quite a bit being that camp pendleton is rii next door. i've heard many stories of the innocent being killed. not by accident.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #40
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mmm... This koolaid is goood. Moved to LOUD NOISES as it seems to have moved onto a debate.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #41
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
People die all the time, everywhere, every minute. I'm sure with the money spent on remembering 9/11 we could have kept thousands of impoverished people alive all over the world.
Down here in Florida they are building a 9/11 memorial and asking for more money to get it finished. Going to be upwards of 100k when its done. WHY THE FUCK DO WE NEED A MEMORIAL IN A STATE WHERE THE DISASTER DIDNT EVEN HAPPEN?
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #42
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Mmm... This koolaid is goood.
This.

msg lngth
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #43
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto347 View Post
Down here in Florida they are building a 9/11 memorial and asking for more money to get it finished. Going to be upwards of 100k when its done. WHY THE FUCK DO WE NEED A MEMORIAL IN A STATE WHERE THE DISASTER DIDNT EVEN HAPPEN?
old people. it'll probably wind up being a 1:1 scale reproduction of the "ground zero cross".
Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #44
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I will respect and honor the sacrifice given by those that gave their all as well as the lose of innocent life, all over the world.

Having said that, fuck 9/11 and the symbol of empire it has been turned into. Because a few individuals(best case scenario) decided to do something horrific America gets to go stomping around the world throwing a temper tantrum?

If 9/11 becomes a real holiday I will mark my calendar with the Bay of Pigs, Gulf of Tonkin, Greek Civil War, Cuban Revolution, Korean War, Grenada, the sinking of the Lusitania and every other proxy war and BS call to arms we've had.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #45
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Having said that, fuck 9/11 and the symbol of empire it has been turned into. Because a few individuals(best case scenario) decided to do something horrific America gets to go stomping around the world throwing a temper tantrum?

If 9/11 becomes a real holiday I will mark my calendar with the Bay of Pigs, Gulf of Tonkin, Greek Civil War, Cuban Revolution, Korean War, Grenada, the sinking of the Lusitania and every other proxy war and BS call to arms we've had.
I like that, as for the second statement, it is the further pussification of america.

Was just listening to a program on NPR about the money that has been pumped into the "9/11" security shit and it makes me fucking sick.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote