Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #31
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
She gets more affended by being called Chinese, well now we cant say Chinese anymore. Damn.
Yeah cuz she's not Chinese..... she's Japanese
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #32
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
<----Black Guy

I dont get offended by the term 'N Word ending with ER' because i know what it means, but apparently not alot of white people or any other races know. The term N Word ending with ER IS a bad word BUT it also means to be ignorant...meaning that yes, white people can be Plural Form N word ending with ER too *gasp*. As far as the term Jap, i wouldnt use it but thats just me.

It kills me how young people use N Word ending with GA to sound cool....and it kills me even more how the same people talk about being oppressed for 400 years...ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT SHIT! If you werent there firsthand, then honestly stfu because you have no idea what you're talking about.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #33
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Legit question:

Now I've heard the term "oriental" is offensive, much in the way "colored" is now offensive.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #34
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Try being Korean, most people either have never heard of it or think your Communist.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #35
Arsenal240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Arsenal240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This should sum it up..

Dave Chappelle - Chinese/Korean Skit - YouTube
Arsenal240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #36
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Colored was always an offensive term white people just didn't care that it offended the coloreds.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #37
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Fellows remember Zilvia rules still apply. Discuss this all you want. No need to include the slurs in your posts.

On Topic: Slurs have existed and will always exist. IMO people shouldn't use them in general. If I am going to insult a person, I can do it without insulting their race as well. A dumbass is a dumbass not matter what race/creed/religion etc.

I choose not to be offended by someone using such words towards me. I've seen someone drop the N bomb towards me. I shrugged it off and kept on with my business. Getting mad and acting an ass towards an ignorant person will only solidify what they believe.

I choose instead to fuck with people mentally. If I see someone watching me in a store, going to a different side of the street when I walk down it (no bullshit this happened today lol) I wave at the person, or smile. It's especially fun with the really old ones.

I love the look on a person's face when I can see they are judging me and I have just blown all of their pre-judgements out of the water.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #38
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol my fault droppin all those n bombs haha! I love fuckin with old white ladies when they clutch their purses like barry sanders clutches footballs...really? I also love the music stereotype...black people only listen to rap...i did a show last week and had some guy ask me what are my musical influences. I told him: Outkast, Common, Rage against the machine, Linkin Park, with the energy of Slipknot...dude looked at me like O_O haha!

Dont stereotype me is the moral of the story
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #39
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
Yes, Jap is fine. So is Jew,black (some people are uncomfortable saying black),brown for East Indian people and white all are fine.
T chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #40
Zero_Cool
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Zero_Cool is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I think it all depends on its used and context. I lived in japan for 4 yrs and like stated already, most foreigner say jap as a shortened way of saying japanese.

Now, I've also sat thru a briefing of a WWII vet who served in Phillipines. When he said the word Jap, you knew he meant it with disdain and prejudice.
that term jap usually is said from folks thru that WW2 era. my grandpa served and was in the pacific fighting the japanese and my dad said he called them Japs with hatred lol my coworker was like heyy:/ when i said japs, she said "u can call us japs on dec. 7th lol
Zero_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #41
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
fuck being politically correct these days! you cant make everyone happy, thats why there are different countrys
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #42
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Colored was always an offensive term white people just didn't care that it offended the coloreds.
Why don't white people start saying "white" is offensive and demand to be called Caucasian or "European Americans".

The term "African American" is also idiotic, considering there are a good number of "white" Africans and many more Arab, Egyptian and "other" Mediterranean based ethnic groups in Africa.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #43
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal240sx View Post
I think Chappelle did more to reinforce negative racial stereotypes than he did to "make light of and show how idiotic" they are.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #44
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
In the UK "jap" is used quite extensively, but only as an abbreviation. 99% of the people who use it don't realise it could be considered a derogatory term (hence Japspeed, etc), and there is no malice or prejudice behind it. I don't use it myself.

To the users saying people shouldn't be offended by words, that's easier said then done. Its not the words that are offensive; but the meaning behind them. If a friend calls me "n****r" in a jovial way, I'm not going to be offended. If a random skinhead comes up to me, calls me a n****r, and spits in my direction, it's hard not to react in a negative way...

I have no idea why some people are uncomfortable saying "black". I've never heard any black person be offended by being referred to as "black". If they are, they're probably the oversensitive type that you find in any and all ethnic groups. Black isn't a derogatory term. This differs from "Yellow", which is. Like I said before, it's not the words that are offensive, but the intent.

Edit - Cleaned up the post; missed Future240's post beforehand.

Last edited by Quail; 12-13-2011 at 02:18 AM..
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #45
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
People always mistake me for Russian or German, even though I am from a different country.
Should I be offended? Or does it not matter because I am white?

Last edited by Matej; 12-12-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #46
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
'Jap' has a somewhat negative connotation in the US. However, it's negative connotation has always been somewhat ambiguous, because it could also just be an abbreviation. In other english-speaking countries, such as England, Ireland, Australia, it doesn't have a negative connotation.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #47
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
....People always mistake me for Russian or German, even though I am from a different country.
Should I be offended? Or does it not matter because I am white?
I constantly correct people who call me white, to let them know i am Czech.

you wouldn't call a Japanese person Chinese.

nor a Brazilian a Mexican or Puertorican.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #48
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
If you know what the word "jap" refer's to its the reference to when Japanese Americans were confined in concentration camps and this is why it's offensive. It's not the particular word that is offensive the the meaning behind it.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #49
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I love fuckin with old white ladies when they clutch their purses like barry sanders clutches footballs...really?
Do you blame her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #50
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
I constantly correct people who call me white, to let them know i am Czech.

you wouldn't call a Japanese person Chinese.

thats the stupidest thing i've heard ahaha

you're white
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #51
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
thats the stupidest thing i've heard ahaha

you're white
Racist! He's Checklo-American!!

lol
Old 12-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #52
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
if you're brown in LA your automatically Mexican. Fact.

I see racial stereotypes reinforced on a daily basis here in good ol' Crenshaw
funniest thing is seeing the fat Mexican chunte across the street
that drives a dunked out old Camaro in neon green sparkle paint blasting an eclectic mix of rancheras and gangster rap while referring to everybody as his N***a!
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #53
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
if you're brown in LA your automatically Mexican. Fact.

I see racial stereotypes reinforced on a daily basis here in good ol' Crenshaw
funniest thing is seeing the fat Mexican chunte across the street
that drives a dunked out old Camaro in neon green sparkle paint blasting an eclectic mix of rancheras and gangster rap while referring to everybody as his N***a!
I just read that out loud in a mexican accent. Thank you, I can now sleep well.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #54
BradGriffith1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
BradGriffith1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
coloreds.
wiiiiiiiin
Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #55
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
White is what the western European people called themselves when they struck out into the world. It's funny to me that they considered Irish and Italians to be other than white.

I can see any eastern European person being offended by being called Russian. The country did try to dominate the region for centuries.

P.S.
If you speak any derivation of Latin, Germanic, Slavic, or Greek, you are white. Get over it.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #56
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
I'd like to know is why people still feel it's necessary to be offended by words.
If you know somebody is going to be offended by something, and you have other words (because we're intelligent), why wouldn't you use them?

EIther you're lazy, or trying to insult people, but you want to hide behind the fact that "they're just words."
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #57
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Words are just words whether their intent be negative or positive. Saying they shouldn't affect you is a cop out.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:24 AM   #58
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
in hypersensitive politically correct america, calling someone a jap is offensive. to the rest of the world it's not a big deal. people take more offense when you call them the wrong nationality. for instance, people from south american countries HATE being being mistaken for mexicans. i know this because someone mistook my wife as mexican (she's peruvian) and she was bitching about it all day lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
No need to include the slurs in your posts.
judging from the the redacting, you're referring to the "n-words" from demonspeed's posts...that's the kind of politically correct stuff that irks the hell out of me. he wasn't calling anyone specifically those words yet his post was edited as if he was. he has a point though. as long as i hear black guys call each other that name, it doesn't matter if it ends with a "gger" or "gga"-they've lost the right to bitch about that slur still being in existence as far as i'm concerned since they're just perpetuating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUwbZ9AlSPI
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:39 AM   #59
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
for everyone bitchin' about being too PC and too soft (which i agree with, but not in this case), would you call an unknown black male on the street "boy" and not see the connotation?
Old 12-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #60
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
in hypersensitive politically correct america, calling someone a jap is offensive. to the rest of the world it's not a big deal. people take more offense when you call them the wrong nationality. for instance, people from south american countries HATE being being mistaken for mexicans. i know this because someone mistook my wife as mexican (she's peruvian) and she was bitching about it all day lol.
Actually any Latin person not Mexican hates being called a Mexican.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote